Basher

Dynamo: Magician Impossible

Profuse apologies if there's already a thread for this somewhere, but I couldn't find one using the TB search facility.

Last year, a young guy from Bradford, England called Steven Frayne, burst on to the Worldwide "Magic" scene.

By (Apparently) walking on water, across part of the River Thames.

This slightly built man suffered from a debilitating form of Crohn's disease in his youth. Yet despite his size, he appears to be able to demonstate feats of incredible strength.

This year, in the second series of his TV show, (amongst other amazing looking things) he appeared to levitate whilst amongst a group of sightseers gathered around the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio.

Now his official website, emphasises that he is an Illusionist:

http://www.dynamomagician.com/about/

But what do the Tao Bums think about him & his show ?

Suffering from Crohn's might have made him picked on in school. Which might have made him withdrawn & as stated on his website, he learnt "magic tricks" to stop the Bullying. But could Crohn's actually enhance any natural abilities ?

Presuming that there are no "stooges" or camera / editing tricks involved.

How do you 1) walk on water and 2) levitate ?

Basher (the confuzzled)

Edited by Basher

I saw one show where he went to a gym and lifted more than a regular bodybuilder on the bench press and he is a skinny guy without hardly any muscle, all the meatheads in the gym couldnt believe it, I was watching his face and he seemed to put himself in some sort of trance state using his breathing, it was pretty amazing.

Many of these magicians are masters of mind/body control, training themselves to levels of great strength and other above average abilities like breath holding, and incredible endurance. BUT they're also masters of illusions, which includes a whole set of mechanical and psychological devices.

(IMO) Some of the 'impossible' stuff is amazing mind/body control, but the super human/impossible stuff is due to rule 1 of Magic, ie One mans magic is another's engineering. ;)

You don't see it, but magicians put in phenomenal amounts of time and money into each trick. There skill is making it look easy. On TV and Utube, you don't see multiple failures, just the successes and then only the very best ones.

• Like 1

Yeah i just saw this guy on TV yesterday he's amazing. I read in one of his interviews he says a balanced diet and lots of meditation is required. Mannn i wanna be able to do this stuff it's awesome!