Sign in to follow this  
shaq786

Seems like UFC fighters are missing out on Iron Shirt methodology

I've been a big fan of MMA for a long time and just recently started delving into the idea of Qi and after thorough research...its definitely real. And what further impresses me is things like Iron Shirt. What if UFC fighters started training in this area...they'd have unstoppable bodies!

Discuss it

Gary Clyman could be UFC champion if he wanted too...Haha.

I think all athletes would benefit from any kind of Qigong. A few months ago after practicing a ton of SFQ - I went out to hit golf balls - and I was driving the ball a mile. So this should translate into any skill - like throwing punches. A person who practices Medical Qigong will be more cordinated, intuitive, and stronger after practicing. So I think people are wrong when they say medical Qigong doesn't improve fighting ability.

• Like 1

Gary Clyman could be UFC champion if he wanted too...Haha.

I think all athletes would benefit from any kind of Qigong. A few months ago after practicing a ton of SFQ - I went out to hit golf balls - and I was driving the ball a mile. So this should translate into any skill - like throwing punches. A person who practices Medical Qigong will be more cordinated, intuitive, and stronger after practicing. So I think people are wrong when they say medical Qigong doesn't improve fighting ability.

Gary Clyman takes punches to the body from "average joes". I'd put money on that if Gary stepped in the cage with any MMA fighter that his Golden Bell training wouldnt do a lick of good. Especially considering that they'd probably just "head hunt" him anyway. I've never seen Gary take a straight punch the head, then again he trains in golden bell....not golden head :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Show me one Iron Shirt guy that can take a full punch in the nose. Not the belly or the crutch or whatever other place. Straight in the nose !!!

• Like 2

Show me one Iron Shirt guy that can take a full punch in the nose. Not the belly or the crutch or whatever other place. Straight in the nose !!!

lol, they just haven't trained in Iron Nose technique. Hmm maybe I should invent it, I'd make a fortune...

lol, they just haven't trained in Iron Nose technique. Hmm maybe I should invent it, I'd make a fortune...

Just as long as it doesn't lead to Iron Boogers.

Don't need to be punching holes in walls every time I sneeze.

• Like 1

Just as long as it doesn't lead to Iron Boogers.

Don't need to be punching holes in walls every time I sneeze.

lol, but that would make you Bad ass!

• Like 1

Hahaha Hey, no human body is totally impervious to violence. I don't care how good your "chi" is.

Yeah...!!!

Try the iron mask for size....:D

He practiced iron shirt, not iron mask......:)

Gary Clyman takes punches to the body from "average joes". I'd put money on that if Gary stepped in the cage with any MMA fighter that his Golden Bell training wouldnt do a lick of good. Especially considering that they'd probably just "head hunt" him anyway. I've never seen Gary take a straight punch the head, then again he trains in golden bell....not golden head :rolleyes:

he has corss trained a few mma guys. He did a boxing match on his 50th birthday. His golden bell works on his head and yes even his crotch. its the jings waves that create the golden bell and they can go anywhere.

• Like 1

I'm reminded of the wild wooly days when UFC/MMA first came out. Those were the days when winner take all and had to fight several matches in a single night, winner bloody and bruised takes all.

As I recall you had some hard style karate men who thought there internal power made them too tough for chokes and take downs. It slowed down the chokes and they took massive punishment, but they went down (particularly against the Gracies). The fighting game relies hugely on footwork and body positioning.

Without excellent footwork and ground skills The Tough get worn down and choked out slowly or sometimes surprisingly fast. IMO Iron Shirt can help, but an iron shirt mentality at the expense of footwork and ground skills leads to particularly ugly defeats.

One of the old champions Liddell who had a soft/hard look to him, was reputed to do chi gung.

I'm reminded of the wild wooly days when UFC/MMA first came out. Those were the days when winner take all and had to fight several matches in a single night, winner bloody and bruised takes all.

As I recall you had some hard style karate men who thought there internal power made them too tough for chokes and take downs. It slowed down the chokes and they took massive punishment, but they went down (particularly against the Gracies). The fighting game relies hugely on footwork and body positioning.

Without excellent footwork and ground skills The Tough get worn down and choked out slowly or sometimes surprisingly fast. IMO Iron Shirt can help, but an iron shirt mentality at the expense of footwork and ground skills leads to particularly ugly defeats.

One of the old champions Liddell who had a soft/hard look to him, was reputed to do chi gung.

Never knew that about Chuck. Interesting stuff. I do know Roy Nelson practices Kung Fu along with other arts. He can certainly take shots. Not sure if he practices Iron Shirt or not. But, he's got a granite chin for sure.

Sign in to follow this