QiDr

Students

AMEN! You could be my teacher any day! I like the way you think.

Do have plans then, after leaving that system?...

When I was at the State University of New York, it was filled with people who were lost in materialism and consumerism...

Even with Goddrd College in Vermont (the most liberal school...) most people have their heads in their butts.

There is no balance (seems like everyone is stuck in the illusory body...) compared with the Nei Gung wisdom of self, world, and universe. World-centric development within...

I am trying to take it all on... I appreciate your insights on the Life of a Qi Gong teacher thread too, priceless.

My problem is that I have trouble finding a teacher to apprentice with. Thus, I am forced to study many systems and be creative... this is not the way it was in old China. Now I am experiencing some problem with my Atlas bone (nothing that wont be fixed, but it's a reflection of taking on too much without a live, credentialed teacher... such as Grandmaster Yuanming Zhang or someone who has 55 years experience in what I have only 3.5).

The "way it was in old china" simply won't work anymore. In a world that includes upward of 6 billion human beings if we had to rely on seeking out a master for apprenticeship then spend ten years sweeping his floor before we even found out if he had anything useful to teach (because it would only be after studying under him that you would know if it was a scam or not) then we would never get anywhere. The world from the point of view of the Tao is not fallen, it is a natural progression. We as human beings got to the point we are at because of out incredible ability to adapt, and that is what our culture and teaching habits have done. Obviously some of the old techniques do still apply, for example with martial arts.. If one doesn't stick to it one will never master it. Very little in the world requires a "master" and all of the things we tend to think require a master were started by someone who was not a master. Someone started each and every style of meditation martial arts etc. Granted some of them were based on other older styles but in the end they all started with someone who was not a master. If there is one thing that the Tao Te Ching teaches it is that the "ancient masters" were taught by nature, just as we should be. We have to look to others for help (after all ignoring knowledge is sickness) but in our modern age there are 10,000 ways to learn. If you have the dedication in yourself then you can look to the real master, the one any human master brings out of you and reflects back at you.

Edited by Taoist81

I've been out of it for a while, but in Aikido there were still deschi 'live in' programs available. There are a couple of yoga programs that are deschi like. They might seem cultish from the outside but they are the fastest way to learn the art and spirit of the practice.

Michael

Consider what Qidr is saying...

He is talking about the state of Accupuncture Higher Education.

The fact is, accupuncture education in this country is a communist farce!!!!!!!!

For me to get an accupuncture degree, I would have to study all kinds of crazy courses like biology and chemistry an whatnot... it is no longer based on traditional taoist culture and science. :blink:

How messed up is that? :lol:

I would have to memeorize 365 herbs and learn about sticking needles in people? Qi Gong is the highest form of Chinese Medicine but the communists piss and shit all over it, while Americans are hypnotized by TV. Luckily some of us are trying to awaken the West to Qi Gong and anti-communism.

Edited by GrandTrinity

Consider what Qidr is saying...

He is talking about the state of Accupuncture Higher Education.

The fact is, accupuncture education in this country is a communist farce!!!!!!!!

For me to get an accupuncture degree, I would have to study all kinds of crazy courses like biology and chemistry an whatnot... it is no longer based on traditional taoist culture and science. :blink:

How messed up is that? :lol:

I would have to memeorize 365 herbs and learn about sticking needles in people? Qi Gong is the highest form of Chinese Medicine but the communists piss and shit all over it, while Americans are hypnotized by TV. Luckily some of us are trying to awaken the West to Qi Gong and anti-communism.

Exactly right about Qigong. When cultivated dilligently it opens mind , so to say, for many other things.

I began learning Chinese Medicine only through meditation and Qigong as a young teenager, and it was a result of cultivation. Because of that cultivation, I was able seeing patients at a very young age.

Teach cultivation properly, have students ... DILLIGENT ones, and they will "attain" . Have messy ones, and the quality of Qigong, seen by the majority, will become lessened.

Peace,

That is real true...

I could see how having poor students drains a teachers energy....

And having diligent students will invigorate one's energy...

The problem with world education these days, is that its just filling a bucket with water...we should let the buckets be filled with 100% organic fruit juice. :lol:

At the same time, empowering people to BE OF SERVICE to earth, humanity and thie higher forces.

Which in turn purifies the karma or whatnot...comes back around.

Edited by GrandTrinity

Qi Gong is not a benign practice. I have seen a LOT of people who came to me for my professional services because they were learning Qi Gong from a book or DVD and genuinely harmed themselves. If you do not have access to a Master, a teacher may do. If you do not have access to a teacher a book or DVD may do, BUT, my professional advice to you is that you work closely with a TCM physician while you are doing your practices so that if something does go wrong you can be helped.