Melanie

Transgender HRT and Jing

Before starting Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) my Jing levels were rather low often due under eating and converting the Jing I did have to Qi. I kept my Jing low mainly because of the bodily parts it connected with caused me personal discomfort. This had effected its production over time to put it in terms of numbers a average health male in teens and twenties will have a testosterone level in the very high hundreds often surpassing a thousand, my testosterone level in my late teens was near five hundred. This disbalance had caused some health complications such as thin blood, low blood pressure, lethargy and occasional fainting. I had a doctor try to prescribe me testosterone but I refused because I knew it would mess up my transition later in life.

One of the primary sources of Jing is the groin and all the physical parts that includes this is true for both men and women. In case of transgenders though both men and women during the process of HRT the bodies natural hormone development is shut down and in turn shuts down the development of Jing.

Health wise for me in other respects have improved, estrogen filled in nicely where testosterone had lacked, my blood pressure became normal, and despite being lethargic the first few months that cleared and I no longer have fainting spells. It also took a few months for my emotions to calm so I could properly meditate, but even without meditation I knew what had happened to my energies. My Shen was stablr and Qi was mostly fine but was getting used to occasionally when the body needed Jing. My Jing was dwindling relying only secondary sources and Qi restore it.

A CIS gendered women's primary source of Jing is the ovaries and a CIS gendered males main source is his testicles. A transgender woman has neither source so often her body will convert her Qi into Jing when needed. This is obviously not ideal for many reasons so it caused me to consider the issue.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender in case you would like to know what CIS gendered means it basically means you fit with the gender you were physically born with, converse to transgendered)

This may seem random but please bare with me. I've often read that many believe Toads to be a master of Qi, but from my observations tortoises and other torti have a much more amazing control of Qi then a toad, seconded only by Cranes. Well I have a pet tortoise named Wujing who's energy is amazing and I wondered, a tortoise only has vitality when it needs it otherwise its Jing just gets converted to more Qi. Its body produces very little Jing and the surplus it has for when its needed is previously cultivated. This Jing is cultivated in stillness.

So I thought I'd try it, I sat down and to the best of my ability, I cleared and alined my chakras, emptied my mind and heart and meditated in stillness. When I returned I had found that yes some Jing had been restored, not enough to cultivate to Qi but enough to no longer have to use Qi to replace the missing Jing. I now meditate on stillness at least once a week to restore my vital energy.

Its not a perfect solution and it will slow down my pace of developing the golden fetus but it is a lot better then hemorrhaging Qi.

If you'd like - you can simply practice meditation that cultivates chi, along with Qigong instead of relying on the body's natural process to due it for you.

If you'd like - you can simply practice meditation that cultivates chi, along with Qigong instead of relying on the body's natural process to due it for you.

True but wouldn't I still have the issue of lack of Jing, some of the cultivated Chi would be transferred to Jing due to the deficiency in the body, the solution of course would be just cultivate more Chi but.... -_- I just answered my own question didn't I?

If the same amount of time was utilized to cultivating Chi instead of attempting to cultivate Jing the Chi that gets used up in conversion to Jing due to some of the bodies necessity wouldn't outweigh the amount of Chi cultivated.

Thank you I often miss some of the obvious answers like that.

Well, I still need to expound. You can increase your jing with leg and back heavy workouts(Try looking into Foundations Authored by Peter Park)

Also, shaking practices - simply putting on some music and shaking your body while paying attention to the bone structure (with slow aware breathing) also increase your Jing AND chi production....As well as shaking things up "in a good way"

Moving the body so chi finds its way into the bones is a great way to increase bodily health and Jing production. You can also massage the legs and feet to help release more of hormones that would be needed on the more physical side.

You'll find something that works well for this.

really interesting melanie, thanks for sharing

do you find that you relate to your kidneys or your bone marrow as the root of your jing now?

really interesting melanie, thanks for sharing

do you find that you relate to your kidneys or your bone marrow as the root of your jing now?

For me it'd be kidneys, my body doesn't tolerate dairy at all so most of my calcium came from secondary sources throughout my life, but that's more of a personal thing. Although I have noticed my girlfriend who's also transgender, her Jing seems to root from her kidneys too, that which isn't converted from her Qi that is. She doesn't meditate being too easily distracted and excitable.

I believe the root of Qi in FtM transgenders might be marrow, due to the change in muscles they experience. But information on this is done through observation rather then direct questioning because despite many transgenders use of the Yin Yang symbol most know very little about Taoism.

Part of why I wanted to post a few things here, other then the fact I like the group, was that if you Google transgender Taoism the second option it directs you to is a conversation on this site from a few years ago with a mtf transgender. The transwoman was kinda foolish in my opinion and never posted again but everyone from the site was friendly. Since this site has a lot of specific information on it my hope is that later if other transgender get directed here there will be at least some information geared toward them that can help.