林愛偉

Traditional Chinese Clothing

I would like to see the wudang robe type clothing if you have anything. Also what is the material of your clothing? If you have it in silk and linen that would be excellent.

I would like to see the wudang robe type clothing if you have anything. Also what is the material of your clothing? If you have it in silk and linen that would be excellent.

I still have some pictures to post up. Yet as for Wudang style clothig, I don ot have any, and it cannot be bought in stores. Mainly Daoist robes and such can be purchased at Bai Yun Guan in Beijing. Some places would not give it to a non secular Daoist though.

There are long robes that can be made, which are crossed over the chest, tied to the side, with the sleeves very very big. I like those...good for covering th ebody during meditation so as to not let wind creep in...also good as a means of keeping the mind concentrated.

I will post more soon.

As a reminder to everyone, I will be moving from my current residence within this month. I will begin taking orders in late january because it will be more convienient to do things that way, instead of movng the materials with me during this month. I will also be posting the price as soon as I get the cost for mailing all figured out.

China has a different price for every city I have seen... haha

Peace and Happiness,

Curious about the followup on this thread. Still very interesting in some 3/4 length cheongsum. Would LOVE to get some pleated / lined for the winters up here. It gets COLD! Let us know!

There are long robes that can be made, which are crossed over the chest, tied to the side, with the sleeves very very big. I like those...good for covering th ebody during meditation so as to not let wind creep in...also good as a means of keeping the mind concentrated.

The long robes sound perfect for practice/meditation in the winters around here. Thanks again.

Spectrum

Curious about the followup on this thread. Still very interesting in some 3/4 length cheongsum. Would LOVE to get some pleated / lined for the winters up here. It gets COLD! Let us know!

The long robes sound perfect for practice/meditation in the winters around here. Thanks again.

Spectrum

I did some testing of the mail system out here recently becuse I was thinking of providing this service

properly. Lots to work on. BUT, I found the mailing system of CHina to be unreliable, and since I am not a big company, it would end up in big losses for me and the customer. Definetly not worth it.

People sent me things from the u.s. just as a test, and I had some trouble receiving. Mail sent in China has a hard time arriving, let alone going out to the states. I would wait a bit before offering this service. The mailing system out here is still ...in the dark.

Peace and Blessings.

Ahh... yeah, same thing in India. NEVER mail anything in the regular post worth while.

I have received things from china in good shape using airmail w/ custom claims marked as "gifts". This was from specific exporters though that might have used reliable/known channels to ship. I remember the boxes were simply marked airmail, and had customs declaration tags on them.

Is DHL or other worldwide carriers out of the question due to increase in shipping costs?

I'm basically looking for full length jackets w/ pleating/lining for the winter months coming up here soon.

Spectrum

Brother,

No matter how warm your body gets at night, please sleep with a sheet atleast, to cover the body is so important while sleeping. Especially if you practice Qigong. When you sleep, your protective energy goes into your body, and so there is nothing protecting your body from wind invasion.

For a Qigong practitioner, you must protect your self from the wind in all manners Warm and Cold. No fans directly on your body in the sumer, and no AC on the whole night. It will deteriorate your Qi. We want to protect our orifices in the fall, spring and winter, and make sure heat wind does not enter in the summer.

Okay, no disrespect intended, because the teachers at school (for TCM) give the same advice but...that makes no sense. We as a species did not evolve with blankets. Our "Wei Qi" developed with us under the stars and directly exposed to Wind in its truest form. Speaking as someone who regularly sleeps with no blanket and under a fan because the alternative would be quite problematic for a hot natured person in Houston... this really seems too similar to people believing that we actually catch "colds" from the "Cold" rather than from viruses. Related?...Yes...The same thing?...No.

Eyes, nose, Ears especially, Mouth, Anus -no anal sex hahahaha not that you do it, but for those freaky in the group, the penis must be protected and clean and the pores of the body must be protected from the winds as well.

Then there are the internal winds of the mind which affect the organs.

haha

Peace and Blessings.

Aiwei

Speaking for "freaky people" there is evidence from the thousands of years of "freaky people" from all cultures that have found anal sex to be quite pleasurable and safe if practiced with a touch of common sense. "Wind" from a TCM perspective has its causes, but in our day and age one must temper this understanding with logic and modern understandings of bacteria and viruses rather than relying solely on age old superstitions. Just $0.02, brother.

Okay, no disrespect intended, because the teachers at school (for TCM) give the same advice but...that makes no sense. We as a species did not evolve with blankets. Our "Wei Qi" developed with us under the stars and directly exposed to Wind in its truest form. Speaking as someone who regularly sleeps with no blanket and under a fan because the alternative would be quite problematic for a hot natured person in Houston... this really seems too similar to people believing that we actually catch "colds" from the "Cold" rather than from viruses. Related?...Yes...The same thing?...No.

Speaking for "freaky people" there is evidence from the thousands of years of "freaky people" from all cultures that have found anal sex to be quite pleasurable and safe if practiced with a touch of common sense. "Wind" from a TCM perspective has its causes, but in our day and age one must temper this understanding with logic and modern understandings of bacteria and viruses rather than relying solely on age old superstitions. Just $0.02, brother.

There is nothing superstitious here.

Each person has a different energetic constitution. If sleeping without blankets doesn't harm you generally and literally, then there is no problem. But if one is getting back pains, and other problems, it is a sign of energetic problem.

As for anal sex, ..no matter how pleasurable it is, it does no good for the body. It helps to drain anal fulids which are Yin Qi and causes great leakage of energy from the body. It wastes energy of the receiver, dulling their mind and draining their Shen. It does not good whatsoever, except for personal greedy sexual gratification.

The one giving receives bacteria in the penis, which will eventually cause health problems, as well as receive toxic energy from the anus, no matter how one cleans it. The whole ordeal is not proper, and was taught to society to dull the minds of everyone. It turns people into Qi-less zombies.

It is not proper cultivation under any proper method to have anal sex. Some cultures kill anyone found entertaining anal sex in private. No benefit.

Peace and blessings Brother.

Mal,

It's COLD wind that is bad. I stand in warm wind and it's fine. Actually aids practice.... it's like biofeedback.

I use a long Chongsum in the winter here. (Pacific Northwest Mountain Ranges) This is considered rainforest and snows here in the winter.

After discussing the possibility with Aiwei over the weekend I've found another option for getting pleated (lined) winter practice clothes. I am in the process of having an initial robe made with rather large open sleeves and will post photos of the results when they arrive.

I wore a full length cheongsum to practice last night well after sunset and the added layer between pants and the chongsum was pure insulation.... and i always more 3/4 length before, last night this was a full length dress.... so swirly...... @

Spectrum

:-)

It is up to one's own constitution on how they can handle certain things. People get ill from heat-wind as well. It all depends on their ability to withstand.

I have a close friend hom in the winter is a steam oven, and wears very thin clothing, and in the summer is the same. I have told him to take caution of not utilizing that heat in the winter , not to waste it. He didn't listen, and now in the winter he is beginning to feel the cold, though he still has some heat emanating.

For me, in the summer, my skin is cool, body comfortable inside. in the winter, inside is comfortable, and my skin is warmed just enough so there is no excessive wasting/using energy to keep warm. Why use what I cultivate to just simply keep warm...I can wear thicker clothing.. haha

Though we were born without a blanket, it is up to how one mentally and physically handles outer influences. Because of modernization, our bodies have become weaker.

Peace

Edited by 林愛偉

I am assuming all the responses on this thread are still looking for connections for buying traditional chinese clothing?

Spectrum

I am assuming all the responses on this thread are still looking for connections for buying traditional chinese clothing?

Spectrum

hahaha

Should be..right?

Well, I would say that it is best to not wear chinese clothing outside. It gets people's attention, and sometimes

gets the wrong attention. It is best to not show others what you have, but only those close to you.

Big change. I now wear western clothing :)

Mailing from china isn't safe anyway. I am in the midst of waiting for a package form NY. Still hasn't come since 2 weeks ago. hint hint...

Peace,

Lin

Hi,

I have several suppliers out in China and we use EMS. You can track the parcel no problem and its proved reliable everytime. The only issue I may have is that the parcels come a little beat up now and then but otherwise the goods are always perfect.

I am still searching for the long robes like those in Crouching Tiger film. I would be interested in retailing them on our website is anyone is interested in supplying.

Well, I would say that it is best to not wear chinese clothing outside. It gets people's attention, and sometimes

gets the wrong attention. It is best to not show others what you have, but only those close to you.

Big change. I now wear western clothing :)

Demos, Midnight Meditations, Solo Sunsets, Moonlit Luxuries, Lonely Sunny Days. Beach Walks, Tidal Companionship, Standing in the Sand. No-one can take this from you. IMHO The judgement of others stops at their perceptions. Even those close to you, a pearl, at the right place... and time.

....the red dust. Can you imagine? The perfect spot, the perfect time, suddenly... "you are hidden, suddenly you appear.... A great hero has no enemy. In a word it comes to this." (40 poems)

Mailing from china isn't safe anyway. I am in the midst of waiting for a package form NY. Still hasn't come since 2 weeks ago. hint hint...

I can't seem to get a CD from amazon up to here, it seems someone at the PO is listening to "How about Uke" c'mon~!....Share the Love! Blessings to your package from NY to arrive fine.

Edited by Spectrum

It's COLD wind that is bad. I stand in warm wind and it's fine.

I don't wear Chinese clothing, but I always protect my neck from wind.

Since about 2003, I have 5 black/navy short sleeve mock-T shirts and 5 long sleeve mock-T shirts. And I have 5 pairs of jeans. All I have to do is decide if it will be warm or cool for short sleeve or long sleeve - it's so easy. <_<

I have not have a single "flue" or any respiratory illness for 3 years. Maybe it's all in my mind - but protecting my neck from wind works for me. :D

Since about 2003, I have 5 black/navy short sleeve mock-T shirts and 5 long sleeve mock-T shirts. And I have 5 pairs of jeans. All I have to do is decide if it will be warm or cool for short sleeve or long sleeve - it's so easy. <_<

That's my kind of man! :) I went with a black wardrobe about 8 years ago for the same reason - everything goes together. Grab one top and one bottom and you're ready to go! Who would have thought we'd be getting/giving fashion advice on TB? :lol:

The scene at the top of this page reminds me of the timelessness of which nature, embodiment, meditation, learning, knowledge and reflection dwell.

Words. Spontaneous. Rationally Compulsive. Compulsively Rational. Spontaneously Compulsive. Ration Obsessive Compulsion, Rational Compulsion Obsesses, Compulse Rational Objections, To Obsessions Rational Compulsions. Obsessive Spontaneaty. Spontaneous Compulsions. Spontaneious Rational Words.

Learn who you are through your habits of thought (mind) & body.

Fasting Can Save Your Life

Fasting from Social Patterns can knock huge chunks out of the Wall.

I think that a huge sheet of fabric in the wind would provide adaquet feedback for feeling the negative space, maybe a spanish zoro theme instead? I think some are missing the point of certain clothes. There is a move in a form I'm learning called Jade Girl Brandishes Sleeve. To grasp the meaning of the movement you must take into consideration the sleeves natural movements w/ the arm. It is a fascninating alignment and movement process. The metaphor association, the achievement of various spirals in motion, kinesthetically feeling them is a thousand times more valuable to me then someones judgement down the beach, who's dog might suddenly start pulling them the other way anyways, so who cares the air is to fresh to worry.

Spectrum

Spectrum

post-6565-1197001603_thumb.jpg post-6565-1197001784_thumb.jpg

I hope the simpler clothing would be suitable for our friends' practice and meditation. These authentic traditional Chinese uniforms will be all custom made with well regard to the practitioner's height and weight measurements. It will be our seamstress's hope to make them more easily got outside China.