林愛偉

Traditional Chinese Clothing

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I may be able to have chinese clothing made and then ship it out to the U.S., or where ever you may be.

I live out in China, and have my clothing made because I cannot buy simple chinese clothing out here. I bought most in america, NY, and the rest of my wardrobe has been handmade.

Not expensive, but there are conditions, like ordering in bulk to save shipping costs, and placing a deposit down for buying the fabric and such.

It will take time to organize more properly. Since I am not opening a grand business, the prices for the clothing will not be madly expensive, nor near to it. More expensive is the shipping. That is why I say buying in bulk is more worth it.

I will be taking picutres of the clothes, and will post them on line. But first I wouldlike to know who is interested, so I do not put time in to preparing possibilities, when I could be meditating. :)

I know the market prices for chinese clothing in stores, and on the internet. It is a rip off. I will give you an idea of a price...

A Chang Pao (A long gown, with buttons on the chest and right side of body) usually costs about 300U.S. online, or close to it. Buying the fabric and having it made costs me betwen 15-30 U.S. dollars. depending on the fabric, and it has been done cheaper. I say bulk is better.

Buying the fabric, getting it made and shipping it and having it arrive at your place ,should take within 1 - 2 months time. Shipping from china takes about 4-6weeks, as I have experienced. Once I find out different prices for shipping, I will list them so those who order will know what they are paying for.

Let me know what you think, and I will get to work on the finer details.

Peace,

Edited by 林愛偉

I am interested. :)

Sean

Sounds good. I will wait a week or so before taking orders and moving to the next steps.

What I will need from those who are interested are their measurements:

1:Arm length, (desired length of arms..) I say add a few extra inches to cover almost all the fingers.

2: Arm width

3: neck width

4: Height in meters

5: Waist and Chest width

6: Shoe size. Shoes are a bit heavy and will add to shipping costs, but well worth it.

Shoes , a good pair, cost about 4-6dollars. The bottom is soft rubber, for a natural feel, and material of the shoe is really good. The price in stores are 55rmb.

I wear them all through the winter...ofcourse winters are bitter out here, so I double the socks..yet I wear the socks which come up to under the knee.

More details to come in the near future if many more are interested. By next week I will begin preparing for order taking.

Please note that I am not doing this for sole profit, only looking to assist anyone who is serious about cultivation, and wants to wear loose fitting clothing and robes. It is more natural for the body, no metal, and fabric is natural.... atleast a higher percentage of the fabric is... haha, but not harmful to the body at all.

If there are any questions and concerns, please ask them. This will not be a one time situation...and as the economy changes out here, the prices will change in time for fabric and labor. But for now, I will keep you all updated on the prices once I get a few orders down.

Be well,

Thanks for the offer.

I am interested.

Is it possible to provide a link to a picture of the type of clothing you are referring to?

I am familiar with some styles, but not sure what you are referring to precisely.

by the way, would you care to offer up an English version of your name? Otherwise I have to refer to you as "that guy from China whose name I cannot read" ;)

Thanks

Craig

Thanks for the offer.

I am interested.

Is it possible to provide a link to a picture of the type of clothing you are referring to?

I am familiar with some styles, but not sure what you are referring to precisely.

by the way, would you care to offer up an English version of your name? Otherwise I have to refer to you as "that guy from China whose name I cannot read" ;)

Thanks

Craig

HAHA ....

This weekend I will take pictures and make them available for those interested. Though I don't know how to make a website hosting pictures, I may post them on yahoo photos and post up the link.

Peace,

Aiwei

Here's how to say it (I Weigh)

hahahaha

Aiwei

Thanks for appreciating my humor.

I look forward to supporting your endeavor.

I have been considering buying some clothes over the internet, but had some doubts as to what I would be receiving.

I purchased some lovely silk traditional frog button "pajamas" for lack of a better word, when I was in China two years ago. But they are generally too fancy for everyday use. It would be very nice to have something for my chikung classes.

I think it is beneficial to have clothes set aside for practice. This helps set the stage for the body mind to engage. I am accustomed to this from decades of practice in hard style martial arts and want to have to same approach to my regular chi kung classes.

Look forward to hearing more.

Regards

Craig

Aiwei

Thanks for appreciating my humor.

I look forward to supporting your endeavor.

I have been considering buying some clothes over the internet, but had some doubts as to what I would be receiving.

I purchased some lovely silk traditional frog button "pajamas" for lack of a better word, when I was in China two years ago. But they are generally too fancy for everyday use. It would be very nice to have something for my chikung classes.

I think it is beneficial to have clothes set aside for practice. This helps set the stage for the body mind to engage. I am accustomed to this from decades of practice in hard style martial arts and want to have to same approach to my regular chi kung classes.

Look forward to hearing more.

Regards

Craig

The fancy stuff is what the chinese believe the westerner likes to see, when actually they just want simple clothing. Nothing too artsy.

I will post pictures after this weekend. Simple clothing is the way to go.

You all should know that I am not looking to make loads of money from this. I want to provide a good service for those who really want comfortable body wear :)

I have to go now. My internet at home isn't working, so it will be some time before I can reply. I can check emails at a different place though.

I will explain more when I can.

Peace,

Count me in too.

I've been meaning to acquire such fineries for a while.

If you could provide specific price estimates for what you're producing, that'd be great.

I would be interested in adding them to my online shop.

I currently sell some really nice pure silk tai chi clothing but ive been looking to expand the range for a while now.

I have been after some unique high quality clothing but haven't managed to source anything other than the standard tai chi uniforms.

When you get some pics please email me and we can discuss it further.

Hehehe. Neck width and hypnotized lizards. Is this a dream?

So true.

Thanks for your offer by the way.

Does your source make these by chance?:

http://asianideas.powerfulhosting.com/products/full/3845.jpg

I had one and then sadly lost it. Can't find them anywhere in my size. It was the most comfortable thing ever. I'm not really a gown man but I would probably be interested in some nice loose pants if black is an option.

I've been wearing just black so long I don't feel comfortable in any other color. Don't know why. :ph34r:

Sorry, I can't get the manican for you. It is impossible. But the shirt is what can be made.

My source is nothing special. It is basically anyone who can make chinese clothing.. Really. And since almost every 45-105 yr old person can do it, it is not a problem of who , just a manner of where I can find them.

But its not a problem. I just found a women next to my home who is making a pair of pants for me for 10yuan, which is almost $1.25. So, you see my point on price.

Take note, not everyone has the same price, and trust me that I look for the cheapest possible. Also, I will be moving form my current city to Jinan city in January of 2007. I know of people who make clothing there, but are a bit more expensive than the price where I currently live.

I wouldn' t by silk because it is too expensive ...unless someone really wants silk.

:D

peace

I would be interested in adding them to my online shop.

I currently sell some really nice pure silk tai chi clothing but ive been looking to expand the range for a while now.

I have been after some unique high quality clothing but haven't managed to source anything other than the standard tai chi uniforms.

When you get some pics please email me and we can discuss it further.

Once I get the pics , I will post them, and we can discuss further :)

Peace,

Count me in too.

I've been meaning to acquire such fineries for a while.

If you could provide specific price estimates for what you're producing, that'd be great.

Th price estimate... Making one pair of pants can be anywhere between 10-25rmb, which is equivalent to about 1.25-3.00 U.S. dollars. I can have an outfit made for atleast 10-15 U.S. Maybe even cheaper.

I am learning that shipping would cost about 20-30 U.S. dollars. This is why I suggest bulk orders. I believe if someone ordered one outfit, shirt and pants, or longrobe(changpao),ofcourse acording to weight, it would cost them about anywhere between 40-50 u.s. dollars. Ordering in bulk would be less time consuming, especially if some people lived relatively close to eachother.

I was just told by a friend that her friend sent a package to the U.S. for 200rmb, which is about 20 U.S. dolars. It wans't very big. Now clothing isn't that heavy, unless the material is thick.

I will try to find shipping prices online for the city I live in. Once I am fully clear, I will see if I can post them up for you all, so you know what to look forward to.

Peace,

Greetings,

I have taken pictures, but they are not of great quality. THe clothing in the pictures are

what I wear everyday. I do ask that when they are posted to please look past what you see, and

give way to an image of newly made clothing in a similar style.

I will be working on getting new photos, and I am currently negotiating with a company who makes Chinese Clothing professionally...yet cheap.. hehehe

I look forward to your satisfaction. I wish you all well and the best of health. I will have the pictures posted shortly, please be patient with me, for it is a lot of work. :)

Peace and Happiness,

Thank You for the links and the time looking for the information.

In China, no price is set. Each city has a different rate, so it will not be certain as to the price for sending clothing to the U.S., but I can estimate about 20-30 dollars after acertain amount of pounds. I still have to be clear on that.

I hope all of you know that this is a personal project, and not a commercial venture. I hope that I can offer you all some good service in getting some chinese clothing for your own personal matters.

:D

Be well...

Peace,

Hi There,

I have sent Sean some pictures , but some are not very great quality, and some are.

Because of the nature of this small venture...to provide a service for you all, I will need a bit

more time to prepare things properly with presenting pictures of clothing, and manner of ordering.

Since my clothing is fairly simple, I am looking for other pictures of chinese clothing so I can present it to you all. It will take some time to sort them out, but it would be worth the wait. I hope it would provide a good outlet for those who want thesae style clothing.

Peace and Happiness,

Count me in for being interested as well. Love to practice in traditional clothing. Thanks for your generosity in this venture. -Spectrum

Count me in for being interested as well. Love to practice in traditional clothing. Thanks for your generosity in this venture. -Spectrum

:)

Sounds good.

I am moving from my current home, and will have a stable address by the beginning or the middle of January.

So, I should have things fully prepared by then, and ready to lay out the information needed to begin taking orders from you all.

It looks like I will be offering a small medium and large...even xxl and really really really large ..option for clothing... hahaha I may not need measurements at all. Baggy pants are good. :D

Peace,

Sorry for the wait. Aiwei sent me these pictures to process and post here for anyone interested. Here are pictures of some of the clothes that are available to be made. I put numbers next to each of the items, to make discussion simpler.

gallery_3_2_61941.jpg

Sean

How about full length Mens Cheongsoms? Thanks again.

Hi,

The Changpao (cheongsam) pictures aren't good quality actually. I have to find proper pictures for them, and then I will post them up.

Peace,