The Observer

Any good Chinese Astrology/Bazi books?

I've come across some important information that made me realize the importance of knowing myself. I think astrology could serve as an important aid in this matter, so getting to the heart of this post, can anyone here recommend any good Chinese astrology/Bazi books or material?

I am interested in this also.

I know it's not about Chinese Astrology per se but I can recommend some Western and Vedic Astrology books you may want to look at as well. I am someone who always likes to study a subject in-depth from many different culture's perspectives to see both where they agree and where they differ.

For Western Astrology (traditional, not modern):

On the Heavenly Spheres

The Fated Sky

Astrogenesis

Here is a website that explains some of how ancient Westerners saw Heaven and Earth. Notice there are some similarities to the way Lao Tzu taught the Tao. There are differences too but not everyone in the West was a total ignoramus when it came to the Ultimate (Tao). Another Resource for those with a) deep wallets or b ) good libaries.

Edit: Check out the attachment.

:)

Or a cheaper alternative: Return to the One: Proclus Guide to God-Realization (aka Realizing the Tao)

And a book showing the Elizabethan era had a view similar in some ways to the Chinese:

The Elizabethan World Picture (more stuff on "as above, so below" etc)

For Vedic Astrology:

Fundamentals of Vedic Astrology vol. 1

Also...if I discover a resource about Chinese astrology I'll share it here.

post-5603-134307733183_thumb.gif

I've come across some important information that made me realize the importance of knowing myself. I think astrology could serve as an important aid in this matter, so getting to the heart of this post, can anyone here recommend any good Chinese astrology/Bazi books or material?

Just my 2cents worth:

Bazi books won't help if your goal is to know yourself. IME, you will find less in Bazi books than in what is published about Western astrology. Since it is quite trendy in the West and few people are mastering the art, it is still a $$ matter so what is published is quite superficial. There are some pricey correspondence courses sold by some 'masters' but it would require some hard work on your part and some luck if you aim at reaching a decent skill in it.

Hi the Observer,

If you are still around, I read that the following books could be a decent introduction to bazi. I don't have them so it is only at least third-hand advice but if you have a chance to look into them..

-Four Pillars Of Destiny I (elementary) and II (intermediate) by Goh Guan Leong; Tan Khoon Yong

Best.