Melanie

hello and thank you

Hello, my name is Melanie,

I'm 26, a fine arts graduate currently I do mostly drawing and painting, a house wife to a wonderful woman, and a transitioned transgender. Part of why I found Taoism is because of its non discriminatory nature.

My jing got very messed up from hrt but I have slowly learned how to restore that, my qi and shen are fine but always a work in progress.

I meditate almost daily and alternate the kind of meditation I do based on what feels right that day.

My top three books are,

Winnie the Pooh (although I associate Pooh bear with Buddha more then a Taoist figure)

Tao Te Ching (of course)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Other books in my library are

Jade Emperor's Mind Seal Classic

Seven Taoist Masters

Chronicles of Tao

and a few other scattered books on Taoism and Buddhism

My favorite tea is Magic Moon from a small shop in Michigan but unfortunately I don't have much left to share because I moved to a very small Texas town that doesn't sell loose leaf tea. I also really enjoy Jasmine tea.

I unfortunately only speak English and I've never had the chance to study Tai Chi although I always wanted to.

Other then that it is my great pleasure to meet you all and be a part of your group.

Thank you.

Yep I've read both of those, Tao of Pooh is a good intro but I prefer Winnie the Pooh over it any day and te of pigglet I didn't like the author was too down and cynical especially when he started to rant about things like microwave ovens.

• Like 1

Hi Melanie and welcome ... I agree about Winnie and microwave ovens ... where would we be without either of them?

Thank you for the welcome and yes without microwaves I'd have to learn how to make stove top pop corn and that's just too difficult to imagine. Who knows the havoc it could cause others.

Hello, my name is Melanie,

I'm 26, a fine arts graduate currently I do mostly drawing and painting, a house wife to a wonderful woman, and a transitioned transgender. Part of why I found Taoism is because of its non discriminatory nature.

My jing got very messed up from hrt but I have slowly learned how to restore that, my qi and shen are fine but always a work in progress.

I meditate almost daily and alternate the kind of meditation I do based on what feels right that day.

My top three books are,

Winnie the Pooh (although I associate Pooh bear with Buddha more then a Taoist figure)

Tao Te Ching (of course)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Other books in my library are

Jade Emperor's Mind Seal Classic

Seven Taoist Masters

Chronicles of Tao

and a few other scattered books on Taoism and Buddhism

My favorite tea is Magic Moon from a small shop in Michigan but unfortunately I don't have much left to share because I moved to a very small Texas town that doesn't sell loose leaf tea. I also really enjoy Jasmine tea.

I unfortunately only speak English and I've never had the chance to study Tai Chi although I always wanted to.

Other then that it is my great pleasure to meet you all and be a part of your group.

Thank you.

I am really happy that Taoism does that. It is non discriminatory (or it's supposed to be...). Love it.

I have read many of those books! Good choices. I like introductory books on the topic the most. Another good one would be "From Tao to Psychology". It kind of expands our search for references about Taoism. :)

In other topic, I have to start appreciating tea. I don't know why, but I always find it kind of bitter. Is it an acquired taste?

In other topic, I have to start appreciating tea. I don't know why, but I always find it kind of bitter. Is it an acquired taste?

tea can get bitter for a couple reasons, mostly because its steeped too long, or in water too hot.

if using a green tea bag, let the water come off a boil for a few minutes before pouring, and take the bag out of the water after 3 or 4 minutes

also whole leaf tea is less bitter than the shake they put in bags

:)

can you order tea online?

Yes I can the lady set up a ordering website last year or so but its always better to call the shop and ask real sweetly. The order somehow gets mailed out faster that way and sometimes I get a few complimentary honey sticks.

As for bitter tea its best to learn how to make each tea your drinking, each one has its ideal time and temperature. Tea changed a lot for me once I got a ceramic tea pot and a oven timer. But if you still need to acquire the taste a drop or two of honey can help.

Oh and I prefer the English style of tea pot, its designed as a communal vessel and in my opinion symbolizes equality among peers, while the Chinese pot is designed around the ritual of tea which was often in my view more an act of pride rather then its intended goal of serenity.

Edited by Melanie

Welcome to TTB. If you wouldn't mind posting about your experiences with jing when transitioning genders in the General Discussion board I would be greatly appreciative. I have a transgender friend who still has the rod but no tackle and I'm thinking the hormone replacement has to be wonky as can be.

As for bitter tea its best to learn how to make each tea your drinking, each one has its ideal time and temperature. Tea changed a lot for me once I got a ceramic tea pot and a oven timer. But if you still need to acquire the taste a drop or two of honey can help.

Oh and I prefer the English style of tea pot, its designed as a communal vessel and in my opinion symbolizes equality among peers, while the Chinese pot is designed around the ritual of tea which was often in my view more an act of pride rather then its intended goal of serenity.

Thank you! :)

Welcome to TTB from a fellow Texan. :)

Lol well I'm kinda a dam Yankee, I was born in Texas moved all over the country during childhood settled in Michigan and then moved back to Texas half a year ago to be with the girl I fell in love with. So not sure how legit my Texas cred is.