Hello guys

i have a question

have you guys ever came across a technique or method , in taoism or any other tradition, which can change physical appearance.......?

like changing eye color, skin color, hair color, hair texture, etc

there are legends of extraordinarily advanced masters who could change their appearance in different ways. They pop up across a spectrum of traditions. Some of the accounts are almost sure to be dubious, exaggerated, or otherwise some sort of liberty on the truth, but the techniques are never shared.

I don't doubt that within the outer limits of the human experience lie the ability to do all kinds of stuff that people who live within the inner limits would call "supernatural" or "magical", including changing aspects of physical reality.

But to answer your question in a single word, no.

In the tradition of the west coast...

Dye your hair

get a suntan

wear colored contacts

get a perm

why do you need it to be magic when you can do it for real?

Stosh

• Like 1

Hello guys

i have a question

have you guys ever came across a technique or method , in taoism or any other tradition, which can change physical appearance.......?

In terms of changes that take place with age, yes supposedly hair changes back from grey, skin and hair and everything becomes younger and healthier looking. But to get this far I'm sure superficial motivations will not get you so far. A lot of it has to do with tonics and herbs too.

Actually in a book by George Leonard 'The Life We Are Given' has a year long program with physical and mental exercises, diet scheme etc., You set easy, medium, and a Siddhi level goal, like grow 2 inches.

Can't say I tried it, but its out there.

Hello guys

i have a question

I haven't come across any techniques for such radical changes but I have read about them too. I'd tend to think that interior conditions are reflected on the outside - the TCM folks know about the linking between skin and hair and the health of organ systems.

I have noticed that my qi-gong practices have given me access to 'muscles' I didn't have access to before, like sacral muscles and such. But maybe they're not even muscles, more like 'fascia' but I'd go to the experts here as my terminology is especially bad:-) The other stuff I've come across is 'yoga' and that definitely changes physical appearance in terms of body alignments. Can also change facial features to some extent if you work on facial muscles in asanas.

I'm convinced the whites of my eyes are more blue than they were before qi-gong but I also wear contacts with a slight blue tint in them (not the Cali stuff mentioned above;-)) so that's probably the source. Otherwise, I've been letting myself out in the sun a whole lot more and that does change skin and hair colour pretty fast - If you have let yours go back to its original colour for example you can see what a nice amount of sun does to it:-). But I know the sun thing is 'controversial' in some circles.

What do you want to change?

I haven't come across any techniques for such radical changes but I have read about them too. I'd tend to think that interior conditions are reflected on the outside - the TCM folks know about the linking between skin and hair and the health of organ systems.

I have noticed that my qi-gong practices have given me access to 'muscles' I didn't have access to before, like sacral muscles and such. But maybe they're not even muscles, more like 'fascia' but I'd go to the experts here as my terminology is especially bad:-) The other stuff I've come across is 'yoga' and that definitely changes physical appearance in terms of body alignments. Can also change facial features to some extent if you work on facial muscles in asanas.

I'm convinced the whites of my eyes are more blue than they were before qi-gong but I also wear contacts with a slight blue tint in them (not the Cali stuff mentioned above;-)) so that's probably the source. Otherwise, I've been letting myself out in the sun a whole lot more and that does change skin and hair colour pretty fast - If you have let yours go back to its original colour for example you can see what a nice amount of sun does to it:-). But I know the sun thing is 'controversial' in some circles.

What do you want to change?

hmmmmm

my main focus is on changing skin color and hair type

i wanna make my skin snow white, healthy and beautiful

for hair i want them to become straight, silky and beautiful

i actually found a decoction in TCM to whiten the skin but those chinese herbs are very costly if you buy them in india, i mean i can buy a brand new awesome cellphone in the cost of one herb and there are four herbs to be used for making decoction

very costly and serously i dont have that much money..

and i have heard that TCM also has something for straightening hair naturally

there is ayurveda in india but i havent found any medicine or anything for this

i can go for cosmetics but they are not the real thing

i want the change to come from inside out and genetically

no creams , no shampoos, no contact lenses because they are in a way like glamour spells, which works on outside and they are nothing more than illusion

i believe that there must be some sort of technique or method for this

If there are techniques to do this, they aren't Taoist. Taoist arts don't cater to the insecure, self-conscious, to ego. Acceptance, surrender... Not desire to reinforce the illusion of separation.

• Like 2

If there are techniques to do this, they aren't Taoist. Taoist arts don't cater to the insecure, self-conscious, to ego. Acceptance, surrender... Not desire to reinforce the illusion of separation.

To expand on this, I think you'd be better served by looking at WHY you want snow white skin and silky beautiful hair. Often-times material/cosmetic desires are an expression of a deeper emotional/psychological need. Especially when our material desires are difficult or impossible to obtain, we can often better serve ourselves by focusing on and working directly with the underlying emotional/psychological need. While the surface material desire is specific and exact, underlying needs can often be addressed in lots of ways. Usually, most of these alternate means are a lot easier to obtain than the specific surface desire.

• Like 2