Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Video about Taoism and Taoist Monks

Desire is only bad of you stay there for too long.

You must allow yourself to stop dwelling the flower and start enjoying the fruit.

Edited by Everything

"Yin and Yang means light and dark, hot and cold, male and female, good and evil"

Geeze, didn't know cold was evil. Well, better throw out that devil loving refrigerator!

Geeze, didn't know cold was evil. Well, better throw out that devil loving refrigerator!

Please don't confuse yourself by mixing the dualities:

cold goes with hot; good goes with evil. They are separate dualities.

PS...

If we want to learn the Tao stuff correctly. Let's use the correct terminologies okay.

They are Taoist Priests and Buddhist Monks. Okay....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Please don't confuse yourself by mixing the dualities:

cold goes with hot; good goes with evil. They are separate dualities.

No, you missed my point. He basically said that yin=evil which would mean that everything yin is evil. What is evil but total disregard for others which if related to yin or yang would be an imbalance of one or the other.. such as excessive yin taking from others, or excessive yang destroying everything in its path (though, sure, it gets more complicated than that). Neither yin nor yang is evil. He makes it look like Taoists worship evil which is an incredibly irresponsible thing to do in front of a Chritian majority audience.

Well, what do you expect from the BBC but subliminally divisive programming.

I like how the priest didn't say anything yet, but everyone is already arguing about what to say to the guy :lol:

No, you missed my point. He basically said that yin=evil which would mean that everything yin is evil. What is evil but total disregard for others which if related to yin or yang would be an imbalance of one or the other.. such as excessive yin taking from others, or excessive yang destroying everything in its path (though, sure, it gets more complicated than that). Neither yin nor yang is evil. He makes it look like Taoists worship evil which is an incredibly irresponsible thing to do in front of a Chritian majority audience.

Oh....my Tao.

Evil may be classified as Yin-attribute , but but Yin is never evil, nor cold by itself. Your interpretation was kind of twisted in the usage of Yin-yang.

• Like 1

No he didn't.

He's just pointing out a duality. That good is one side, evil the other. You are the one that makes it bad.

John

• Like 1

No he didn't.

He's just pointing out a duality. That good is one side, evil the other. You are the one that makes it bad.

John

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It is not "either or" but one way or the other.

One must get the fact straight. This is the time to enhance one's wisdom and to be enlightened. So, one won't be alone and out of the communication....;)

No he didn't.

John

Actually, what I should have responded here is that:

He was explaining the meaning of yin and yang, and yes he was explaining dualities, and yes I am jumping on the fact that he explained yin and yang as good and evil working in harmony. However, all the Christian fundamentalists and divisionist religious figures etc would love to hear that "Taoists believe evil and good balance each other out" so that they can continue to say that Eastern religions are selfish and have no morality. As I said, it is simply irresponsible to misrepresent the religion in this way, if not offensively and dangerously negligent. I know, and he knows, how fundamentalist Christians will hear what he said, and a large part of his audience is informed by this way of thinking.

It was a huge error, unintentional as it may be, which is like sweet syrup for the ears of those who would like to discredit other religions. Maybe he would feel bad about it, but it really didn't help anyone..

Actually, what I should have responded here is that:

He was explaining the meaning of yin and yang, and yes he was explaining dualities, and yes I am jumping on the fact that he explained yin and yang as good and evil working in harmony. However, all the Christian fundamentalists and divisionist religious figures etc would love to hear that "Taoists believe evil and good balance each other out" so that they can continue to say that Eastern religions are selfish and have no morality. As I said, it is simply irresponsible to misrepresent the religion in this way, if not offensively and dangerously negligent. I know, and he knows, how fundamentalist Christians will hear what he said, and a large part of his audience is informed by this way of thinking.

It was a huge error, unintentional as it may be, which is like sweet syrup for the ears of those who would like to discredit other religions. Maybe he would feel bad about it, but it really didn't help anyone..

Your mind reading how others will take this, and assuming how the world at large will take something.

The types of people that do that, won't need this guy, or anyone else to give them evidence. They will come up with it on their own and manufacture evidence. (the movements are the devil... or whatever the fuck).

It wasn't an error, it was exactly as he said it. Which is a truth about taoism. I point that out at times as well.

Why would he feel bad about it? How do you know he would know? What if he doesn't know how fundamental christians would think? And why does it matter what they think? What makes it irresponsible to present that?

Would it not be irresponsible to withhold truths of taoism instead, and deceive people so they will only think positive things of it? Or safe things?

Is life only fine, if everyone thinks good things about others?

It sounds like you think, you can control what others think, if you present things a certain way. But what if they think what they think, regardless of how you present anything?

Let the world at large think and take things as it will.

John

Your mind reading how others will take this, and assuming how the world at large will take something.

Not hard to predict based on past actions

The types of people that do that, won't need this guy, or anyone else to give them evidence. They will come up with it on their own and manufacture evidence. (the movements are the devil... or whatever the fuck).

So why give them fodder?

It wasn't an error, it was exactly as he said it. Which is a truth about taoism. I point that out at times as well.

Why would he feel bad about it? How do you know he would know? What if he doesn't know how fundamental christians would think? And why does it matter what they think? What makes it irresponsible to present that?

If you look up his name you will see that he is a pastor.

It matters because they have political power and sway, which makes it irresponsible.

Would it not be irresponsible to withhold truths of taoism instead, and deceive people so they will only think positive things of it? Or safe things?

What's negative about it?

Is life only fine, if everyone thinks good things about others?

It sounds like you think, you can control what others think, if you present things a certain way. But what if they think what they think, regardless of how you present anything?

Not everybody is narrow-minded. Many more are impressionable and misinformed.

Let the world at large think and take things as it will.

John

Tell that to Nazi Germany

Not hard to predict based on past actions

So you think the past will = the future?

How does change happen?

So why give them fodder?

You missed the point.

If you look up his name you will see that he is a pastor.

It matters because they have political power and sway, which makes it irresponsible.

According to you. What if he doesn't agree?

What's negative about it?

Whats positive about it?

Not everybody is narrow-minded. Many more are impressionable and misinformed.

Yes but I'm asking you.

What is so bad about fundamental christians(others) thinking terrible things and having bad opinions about taoism(any subject really?)

Tell that to Nazi Germany

Good thing nazi germany is gone.

John

• Like 3

Well, thanks for your responses John C, but it seems quite obvious that we will be at it for longer than I care to argue with anyone over the internet. Hopefully you will not take it personally if I leave these questions unanswered, so that we can move on to more productive uses of our time and enjoyment of TTB.

Peace

H.E.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Well, thanks for your responses John C, but it seems quite obvious that we will be at it for longer than I care to argue with anyone over the internet. Hopefully you will not take it personally if I leave these questions unanswered, so that we can move on to more productive uses of our time and enjoyment of TTB.

Peace

H.E.

Word.

Sign in to follow this