TaoGirl88

Young Girl knowing some Tao

Hello everybody!! :)

I just read a book titled "From Tao to Psychology: An Introduction to the Bridge Between East and West"*and now I'm hooked with Taoism!! I'm a total newbie here, so nice to meet all of you who read me! :)

I bought the book because it says that it is an Introduction to the topic (although it goes beyond that sometimes...) and now that I have been introduced, what can I read??? The author said that it's important that you check for translations because not every Tao Te Ching is the same, and that there are bad ones out there (he did not say the word "bad"... just to be careful hehehe). Which other books should I start with!?

Anyways, again, nice to meet you and I look forward to some replies!! :D

Btw, my name is Claire!

*Bought the book here (http://bookstore.xlibris.com/Products/SKU-0108353049/From-Tao-To-Psychology.aspx)in case you're wondering because of free shipping for the time being (yay!!) but I also saw it on Amazon... I sound like I am promoting this a lot, but yeah, it is a great book and it changed my views in life and now Taoism rules and it led me here to meet all of you! <__< :)

• Like 1

Cool - I think I'll put that book on my list. I've never really read a really cool Taoist book. I read a really cool Buddhist book last year called Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner. But I practice Qigong so I should find and read a cool Taoist book.

Cool - I think I'll put that book on my list. I've never really read a really cool Taoist book. I read a really cool Buddhist book last year called Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner. But I practice Qigong so I should find and read a cool Taoist book.

Good! I would call it a cool Taoist book! It's very balanced, by which I mean that it is an introduction, but it also goes beyond that because of its "academic" side. Plus, it covers topics such as mind-body, reason and emotions, and knowledge, and the author is very careful with his choice of Taoist texts. Anyway, I sound like a groupie now, hehe. It's just that it really inspired me to search more about this.

I want to check that book called Hardcore Zen. It sounds interesting!

I read From Tao to Psychology! That book also became one of my favorites instantly! Plus he uses as references other books that I really like. I would recommend the translation for the Dao de Jing that he uses, the one by Roger Ames and David Hall. :)

Welcome, Claire!

There is much to be learned here by one who listens, reads and observes. I hope you like it here.

P.S. Beware of Trolls

Hello Claire,it is good for you to read a Taoism's book that is written by practitioner of Taoism. I suggest you to visit www.StudyTaoism.com to learn more about true taoism.

Thanks A Seeker. I'll be careful. ;)

Hi to you too, james lien. I read some of the stuff in the website. I saw some of the things that I read in the book "From Tao to Psyhcology"!! I'm talking about the false opposition between science and spirituality, or the one between logical thinking and religion. :)