qofq

Brought by dreams from my youth and a recent exp.

Hi guys. I've enjoyed the forum and am happy to have found a place like this. I'll just jump right in here.

I used to have all these strange dreams from my childhood where I would make these strange body postures and generate this feeling of chills (best way I can describe it) and end up levitating or turning invisible or what have you. Now this was from a very young age (like 3rd 4th grade) and I can't recall any outside stimulus for these types of dreams.

later in young adult hood I had a natural tendency to lean towards subjects pertaining to the meaning of life, the origins of consciousnesses, etc. and was often considered (and felt) to be "out there" but I always was just kind of o.k. with it and really only slightly sad I could not get any of my friends to share in the more deep feelings about life I was having.

Now almost thirty years old and having done much humble searching -however hard it was to sift through the new age(or however you wanna dress it up) capitalization of awareness- I find myself here with a hand full of deep experiences and a truck full of questions. I hope to have open and insightful dialogues with many intelligent people and it's my intention to respect the process.

thanks for reading and I look forward to your insights.

• Like 1

Hi guys. I've enjoyed the forum and am happy to have found a place like this. I'll just jump right in here.

I used to have all these strange dreams from my childhood where I would make these strange body postures and generate this feeling of chills (best way I can describe it) and end up levitating or turning invisible or what have you. Now this was from a very young age (like 3rd 4th grade) and I can't recall any outside stimulus for these types of dreams.

later in young adult hood I had a natural tendency to lean towards subjects pertaining to the meaning of life, the origins of consciousnesses, etc. and was often considered (and felt) to be "out there" but I always was just kind of o.k. with it and really only slightly sad I could not get any of my friends to share in the more deep feelings about life I was having.

Now almost thirty years old and having done much humble searching -however hard it was to sift through the new age(or however you wanna dress it up) capitalization of awareness- I find myself here with a hand full of deep experiences and a truck full of questions. I hope to have open and insightful dialogues with many intelligent people and it's my intention to respect the process.

thanks for reading and I look forward to your insights.

Interesting dreams. I hope you continue to treasure them. Dreams are special. I had some "strange' experience too when I was younger. I don't talk much about them for fear of getting committed to some nameless asylum. :lol: I am much older than you. I have used my small experience as guidepost for my life. Anyway, nice to meet another 'dreamer'.

Interesting dreams. I hope you continue to treasure them. Dreams are special. I had some "strange' experience too when I was younger. I don't talk much about them for fear of getting committed to some nameless asylum. :lol: I am much older than you. I have used my small experience as guidepost for my life. Anyway, nice to meet another 'dreamer'.

nice to meet you as well. I've been working with people who are disabled for 10 years now, and of the older generations there are some with scary stories about the asylums of yester-year. Not that long ago in the big picture.

Those dreams that I've shared I haven't thought about until just this last few month I started looking into taoist alchemy, qi gong, and such types of things a little closer, then reading briefly about some of the abilities of the claimed masters and the training and body movements used in various types of meditation, I was flooded with the memories of those dreams. Definitely got me to start working from the book "taoist yoga alchemy and immortality" and I'm having experiences that relate to what I've read so that's interesting. I need to find a teacher of this type of stuff in the Seattle area.

Also, I'm a avid lucid dreamer and I'm curious (I've read a book on Tibetan dream yoga but did not find it to be fruitful) if there are any mixes of these paths... Dreaming, and Taoist Alchemy(Nei-gong better said?)