shaq786

Mopai nei kung, there has to be an equivalent!

From what many members seem to say, I think most members on here are learning from books or DVDs anyways, and not someone in person. That could make it a bit confusing.

I also get the impression a lot of Bums are young. I'm willing to bet a lot of these guys working with books and DVDs are under 25. Nothing wrong with that, per se; that's how I started out. But eventually, if you want to continue to pursue this stuff, you've really got to find a teacher with whom you can meet at least once or twice a year (at a minimum).

• Like 2

I've been extremely blessed teacher wise :). Though I'm making up for lost time having not started martial arts until I was 38 lol.

My more magical path, I started out with books for the first 3 years... the difference an in person teacher made, night and day!

Though I have also found that having an online teacher whom you chat with regularly can be extremely beneficial as well, as I have had periods of time where I didn't have the in person option. I have learned much this way in the past.

Ok I just have to ask....... who is your teacher?

Unknown, or he was before he died. The best way for you to know of him, and the way most people who DO know about him think of him, was that he was Bruce Lee's primary kung fu teacher, guide, and mentor (NOT Ip Man, who was Bruce's high school teacher) What many fewer know is that he was one of the five most powerful chi kung masters from china.

Unknown, or he was before he died. The best way for you to know of him, and the way most people who DO know about him think of him, was that he was Bruce Lee's primary kung fu teacher, guide, and mentor (NOT Ip Man, who was Bruce's high school teacher) What many fewer know is that he was one of the five most powerful chi kung masters from china.

I have been lurking long enough in the forum to vaguely remember that isn't your master supposedly a Tian SHan Pai qigong guy?

Ok why do you think he was more powerful than john?

Ok why do you think he was more powerful than john?

Who cares? What difference does it make whether his teacher can fart bigger lightning bolts than John Chang can?

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

Who cares? What difference does it make whether his teacher can fart bigger lightning bolts than John Chang can?

I dont really just keeping the convo going :P

Because the level of supernatural powers is equal with the level of spiritual achievement.

Therefore, most "spiritual masters" are only scammers who fool the ones who want to be fooled.

• Like 1

I have been lurking long enough in the forum to vaguely remember that isn't your master supposedly a Tian SHan Pai qigong guy?

Fook Yueng, specifically. I was interested enough to investigate. A documented friend of Bruce Lee's and a martial artist. I couldn't find anything about his qigong. The videos of his students demonstrating the martial art are available online.

http://gravityflow.webs.com/fookyuengchuan.htm

Anyone see the David Blaine celebrity special on TV Wednesday?

No, but I bet it was more entertaining than that time he hung out in a glass box for a month.

Also: A really good blog post about Master Fook Yueng. http://geneburnett.blogspot.com/2012/04/master-fook-yueng.html

"My joke about him was that he was the only one I knew who could make a coffee mug tap out."

Sounds like you were very fortunate to study under this man, Starjumper.

Edited by Green Tiger

Because the level of supernatural powers is equal with the level of spiritual achievement.

Therefore, most "spiritual masters" are only scammers who fool the ones who want to be fooled.

But isn't the whole point of Mo Pai that it allows power to be obtained without spiritual achievement?

But isn't the whole point of Mo Pai that it allows power to be obtained without spiritual achievement?

I think, based on what I read in The Magus of Java, the whole point of Mo Pai was to be able to utterly destroy your enemies with hadouken. Immortality (and possibly enlightenment) seemed to have been a byproduct of the training to achieve massive hadouken power.

Hadouken, of course, is the Street Fighter term for energy blasts.

John Chang seems to use his power mostly for healing and shamanism. I feel like Kostas intimated that he was kind of working out the lineage's bad karma through his more altruistic work. I dunno, it's been a while since I read it.

• Like 1

the whole point of Mo Pai was to be able to utterly destroy your enemies with hadouken.

Again this is more sour grapes nonsense. That has nothing to do with the point of the system at all. Abilities are generated as a result of the practice but they certainly ARE NOT the end goal.

• Like 1

Again this is more sour grapes nonsense. That has nothing to do with the point of the system at all. Abilities are generated as a result of the practice but they certainly ARE NOT the end goal.

So what is the end goal? Granted, I never read Jim's book, but Kostas's book (and his TaoBums interview) indicated that it was primarily a martial system.

Question from page 9 of Kostas's Tao Bums interview:

2. Were there any practices more focused on the "mind" level rather than the energetic level in the Mo Pai system? What were their aims?

Answer (same page):

2. MoPai neikung is strictly energetics. It was primarily developed for combat after all.

And what is with this repeated "sour grapes" accusation?

tumblr_inline_mp1zixZpKP1qz4rgp.jpg

So what is the end goal?

Tiger I will be honest, I am growing very very very tired of playing these games with you.

We both know what the point of the system is, to become a hsien.

That is the whole point of it.

• Like 1

Tiger I will be honest, I am growing very very very tired of playing these games with you.

We both know what the point of the system is, to become a hsien.

That is the whole point of it.

I'm not playing games. I quoted a student of John Chang as saying the system was primarily developed for combat. You disagree. Why do you disagree?

The idea that anyone knows what the 'whole point' of the system is is silly. For all anyone knows, the fact that the system (allegedly, whatever other evidence there might be for the system, there's absolutely none for the claims about immortality) confers spiritual immortality to the practitioner is a complete accident. Or it could be the same for the energetic and martial power. Unless there's some kind of surviving manuscript from those who originally created the system, then it's kind of silly to argue over what it's 'point' is.

There's quite a bit of irony in my last post with that considered, so allow me to rephrase it as:

But isn't it the case that Mo Pai allows power to be obtained without spiritual achievement?

Edited by Aeran

I'm not playing games. I quoted a student of John Chang as saying the system was primarily developed for combat. You disagree. Why do you disagree?

Because he is the foremost internet expert and representative of mopai and all neigong practice. He knows more than any students of John Chang or even John Chang himself because his knowledge is the truth. He can backs up his claims with the holy scripture of niegong which has absolutely no errors, contains all truth and all knowledge beyond anyone who is actually in the mopai lineage, the holy scripture is the Magus of Java.

The idea that anyone knows what the 'whole point' of the system is is silly. For all anyone knows, the fact that the system (allegedly, whatever other evidence there might be for the system, there's absolutely none for the claims about immortality) confers spiritual immortality to the practitioner is a complete accident. Or it could be the same for the energetic and martial power. Unless there's some kind of surviving manuscript from those who originally created the system, then it's kind of silly to argue over what it's 'point' is.

There's quite a bit of irony in my last post with that considered, so allow me to rephrase it as:

But isn't it the case that Mo Pai allows power to be obtained without spiritual achievement?

You're right, of course. Without conjuring the Mo Pai founders, we'll never know for sure why they developed it. Kostas seemed to have an opinion, though, and he was close to Chang, who did, in fact, have a manuscript for the system.

Regardless of why it was developed, I think the more important question is "Why would someone want to practice it?"

My suspicion is that the intention of the practitioner will change the outcome. Kostas also alluded to this in his interview.

Page 1:

2. does it have usefulness for longevity, or does it cause excess wear on the body, and energy body, to start fires with ones qi and do similar things?

Answer: If you use it with the intention of generating power, it is more likely to cause harm to you that not. If you use it for longevity, the approach is different and more balanced. To quote Philip K. Dick, the light that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.

There are other secret schools with masters who are higher levels in neigong compared to Chang Shifu. Fortunately, these schools are secret.

Son Goku is in fact real and holds the power to destroy the whole solar system. Fortunately, his existence is a secret.

Edited by Dorian Black

Son Goku is in fact real and holds the power to destroy the whole solar system. Fortunately, his existence is a secret.

What point are you trying to make? It's pretty obvious Chang isn't the only one out there.

Edited by Aeran

Oh you are very humble. Not only solar system, this Son Goku (whatever or whoever it is) can destroy whole Galaxy.

• Like 2