snbeings

Lower Dan Tian Heat (GFM Vs. Embryonic Breathing)

At first, I read "movement" as "moment," and resonated with it.

So, what are their instructions to "cultivate that movement?" :huh:

It's definitely related to the physics concept of magnetic moment...

Humility comes when one knows one doesnt know everything ;)

ISBN736.jpg

He sure made his money from his book....:D

PS...

If one has to pay a high price for a lesson, one better believe everything whatever it says in the book or not..!!!;)

Edited by ChiDragon

too much liposuction? lol

:lol:

It's definitely related to the physics concept of magnetic moment...

Yes, torque applied by the vectors upon the scalar...although actually breaking out the partial differentials doesn't seem like it'd be quite fruitful enough to bother :lol: the amplitudes of the events are most powerful when they are indistinguishable...

He sure made his money from his book....:D

PS...

If one has to pay a high price for a lesson, one better believe everything whatever it says in the book or not..!!!;)

Lol...don't trust the translations of someone who's been in the game a really long time? And here, are you speaking from experience, or the usual solid footing in theory? (of should I say cement encased theoretical shoes?). :D

• Like 1

Lol...don't trust the translations of someone who's been in the game a really long time? And here, are you speaking from experience, or the usual solid footing in theory? (of should I say cement encased theoretical shoes?). :D

Does it matter to you if your mind is already made up about someone....??? Theory has no meaning to you anyway if you don't believe in it. You only believe what you'd paid for......:D

Heh...stop being obstinate, do you think I'd be speaking so highly of that book if I had not verified the results for myself?

• Like 2

I do believe in all aspects of breathing but by putting an adjective in front of the word 'breathing' really does not change anything. The most fundamental in breathing is "abdominal breathing". Embryonic breathing is the same as moving the abdominal in and out while inhale and exhale. It makes no difference what one wants to call it. Anyway, anybody can write a book by calling it something else to pander to some believers is fine with me.

i don't think youve ever read the book chidragon. embryonic breathing is a lot different than just "deep abdominal breathing" fyi

• Like 2

I do believe in all aspects of breathing but by putting an adjective in front of the word 'breathing' really does not change anything. The most fundamental in breathing is "abdominal breathing". Embryonic breathing is the same as moving the abdominal in and out while inhale and exhale. It makes no difference what one wants to call it. Anyway, anybody can write a book by calling it something else to pander to some believers is fine with me.

And that is why looking up definitions in books as your main source of information leaves your posts lacking. You don't know which details are ok to gloss over and which ones are crucially different. I loves me some theory, but it has to have real underpinnings, otherwise you're left with weak extrapolations.

• Like 1

i don't think youve ever read the book chidragon. embryonic breathing is a lot different than just "deep abdominal breathing" fyi

I am always hearing people say this is not that and it's different from this and that. However, nobody ever tells me the difference between this and that. I am getting impression that everybody always assuming that he/she understand because one has the book and anything I'd read is meaningless.

So, did you ever tell me something that really has meaning...??? Why doesn't somebody say something that is discussable here to compare notes....??? Indeed, I can find any native source online without buying a translated book in another language to get some immanent information.

I am always hearing people say this is not that and it's different from this and that. However, nobody ever tells me the difference between this and that. I am getting impression that everybody always assuming that he/she understand because one has the book and anything I'd read is meaningless.

So, did you ever tell me something that really has meaning...??? Why doesn't somebody say something that is discussable here to compare notes....??? Indeed, I can find any native source online without buying a translated book in another language to get some immanent information.

yeah. like i said, i don't think you've read the book.

you'd like it for all the old chinese texts in it. its a neat book.

but if you think embryonic breathing is dr. yang's snake oil, you're wrong. thats all.

yeah. like i said, i don't think you've read the book.

you'd like it for all the old chinese texts in it. its a neat book.

but if you think embryonic breathing is dr. yang's snake oil, you're wrong. thats all.

I have not said anything that causing you to give an accurate rebuttal yet. How can you said that I am wrong in the first place.....???

So, you had read it. What is the unique thing about it...?? That's all I am asking.:)

Edited by ChiDragon

I have not said anything that causing you to give an accurate rebuttal yet. How can you said that I am wrong in the first place.....???

So, you had read it. What is the unique thing about it...?? That's all I am asking.:)

i can say you are wrong in the first place because you said that EB is just a fancy name for deep abdominal breathing, just adding an exotic word to breathing in order to sell books. So that is actually incorrect. That is why i said you are wrong.

There is a lot of unique character to EB but it involves the central channel or thrusting vessel and the mud pill palace point as well as the true dan tien. More specifically the point at the middle of the true dan tien which is yang within yin. When i found mine it was a neat little starburst like a firework perpetually going off. Its a very interesting point in the energetic anatomy to work with. And the mud pill palace point is in the middle of the UDT, its yin within yang, and is even harder to find, although my qigong teacher gave me a technique he learned from dr yang, which is to MMMMMMMM and let the vibrations fill the head and brain and as the MMMM dies down the last place to vibrate is the mud pill point. There is no fireworks there because it is subtle and receptive.. harder to feel yin than yang, as you may know.

Anyway once a practitioner has established those points and the connection between them, the practice deepens until one is able to breathe with their energy body as well as their physical body (in unison) and then if one can go that deep, they can breath just with their energy body.

There is a lot more to it than that, that is the briefest of summations of a very thick and complex book, but i recommend the book as a very interesting way to study some obscure chinese texts that dr yang dug out of the archives. Its also a lot easier to learn if you have a teacher who has successfully practiced the technique teach you, since the book doesn't actually give a step by step breakdown the way westerners like lol... its just a lot of translations of the old texts that deal with embryonic breathing and one is left to sort of figure it out in many ways. Thats one of the main criticisms of the book taht i have heard. That and that the preliminary practices take about 8 months to establish, so its not something one can just up and do right away, even if they do glean the method in little time.

Anyway, its a lot deeper than just breathing, which was my point. I highly recommend picking up a copy of the book, all the texts are in chinese and english so you can read for yourself CD, i think it would be a great read for you.

best

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

anamatva.....

What did the book mention about breathing....???

Since it is about Chi Kung breathing, I was hoping that you would shed some light in this area.....????

How was the embryonic breathing differ from other methods...??? I would be appreciated if you can spell that out for me. Thank you.

anamatva.....

What did the book mention about breathing....???

Since it is about Chi Kung breathing, I was hoping that you would shed some light in this area.....????

How was the embryonic breathing differ from other methods...??? I would be appreciated if you can spell that out for me. Thank you.

Am I missing something... didn't Anamatva just give you a very specific description of the process?

If so, can't you see for yourself how it is different to other practices? :unsure:

Am I missing something... didn't Anamatva just give you a very specific description of the process?

If so, can't you see for yourself how it is different to other practices? :unsure:

thank you seth

chidragon, read the book yourself. i don't remember everything it said about breathing.

thank you seth

chidragon, read the book yourself. i don't remember everything it said about breathing.

The book is about Embryonic Breathing and you don't remember everything it said about breathing. Then what are we really debating about......???:o

The book is about Embryonic Breathing and you don't remember everything it said about breathing. Then what are we really debating about......???:o

oh im done talking about it so don't you worry your big head

• Like 1

I am sorry to make you lost your cool. This is not how one would be expected to have a discussion ended in an inconclusive manner. I hope we'll be more prepared and handled things in a mature manner next time. Peace.:)

Edited by ChiDragon

Thank you chidragon for derailing yet another topic where there used to be fruitful discussion - you misunderstand something, then denigrate others' sources of information, ask a question and then argue about semantics until the rest of the participants are weary of your presence and dont feel like putting forth the effort in dealing with it - and worst of all, present a smug reply after you've annoyed the shit out of a few people. Bravo :glare:

• Like 2

Thank you chidragon for derailing yet another topic where there used to be fruitful discussion - you misunderstand something, then denigrate others' sources of information, ask a question and then argue about semantics until the rest of the participants are weary of your presence and dont feel like putting forth the effort in dealing with it - and worst of all, present a smug reply after you've annoyed the shit out of a few people. Bravo :glare:

For my understanding, someone was trying to defend a book that he is so fond of. The book was about Embryonic Breathing. I was only asking what it was but he did not give me a direct answer. If he was so familiarized with the book, then he would have had given me a direct answer instantly about the EB process.

Since you are always given me some smart answer in a half-S format, let's see if you can answer me how the EB process was done....:rolleyes:

PS....

Please don't ask me to read a whole book....;)

Edited by ChiDragon

exactly. all after obviously not having read the text we're talking about in the first place, and glossing over the recommendation to do so with a silly "why don't you tell me everything it says about breathing instead"

btw CD nobody lost their cool, im just done talking to you about it. cool as a cucumber.

i know.. he wants to think he understands EB but he doesnt want to actually read a book on it, he just wants the cliffsnotes so he can convince himself that he has some more theoretical knowledge than he had before.

find a teacher, read a book, sorry that people have to actually work to get results, and that people have busy lives and can't type out long replies to your inane questions CD. If you want to know about EB read a book about EB. its too complex for me to type out for your bogus ego enjoyment, as i mentioned previously.

given the fondness for translation and looking up the definitions of everything, you'd think he would have been interested to translate the material for himself and see how it compared to dr yang's translations. yes, yes, why bother when he can find it for free online...wait a minute, either hasnt found the information, hasnt translated it correctly, or doesnt have the depth of experience to have understand the words more than superficially.

sorry cd, you're out of questions and I have a lot of other writing to do besides explain this difference to you. should I reply to that, it will be entirely at my leisure.