konchog uma

What are you reading right now?

Finished reading Sarangels book. Yes it is very good.

Just recieved 'Master of Lucid Dreaming ' by Olga Kharitidi and am looking forward to going to the park later on and start reading it.

Finished and enjoyed reading this book a lot http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Lucid-Dreams-Russian-Psychiatrist/dp/1571743294/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351978647&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Healing through dreams Uzbekistani style, some super cool stuff in that book ;) .

Now starting a Malidoma Patrice Some 'Of water and spirit', life and initiation of a Burkina Faso shaman. Intersting so far.

One way or another really enjoying these shamanism books recently.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Finished and enjoyed reading this book a lot http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Lucid-Dreams-Russian-Psychiatrist/dp/1571743294/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351978647&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Healing through dreams Uzbekistani style, some super cool stuff in that book ;) .

Now starting a Malidoma Patrice Some 'Of water and spirit', life and initiation of a Burkina Faso shaman. Intersting so far.

One way or another really enjoying these shamanism books recently.

I bought and read this book yesterday, thanks for the recommendation I thought it was really good and spoke to me deeply, I'm suprised there isn't more spirituality talking on this level of healing trauma as it is such a key issue. It reminded me a bit of Castaneda but I don't think she is a fraud because she is treating clients in clinical ractice, but I was disappointed that she didn't make clear any practical ways we can do the work for ourselves, there was something about bringing memories to the level of your eyes but not much.

But I am looking into shamanism methods for this again and dream healing so if anyone has any other good books for this I will be most grateful. I am currently reading "gift of the dreamtime - awakening to the divinity of trauma" by Kelly Harrel , which is similar to the other book, ill report back if its any good.

I bought and read this book yesterday, thanks for the recommendation I thought it was really good and spoke to me deeply, I'm suprised there isn't more spirituality talking on this level of healing trauma as it is such a key issue. It reminded me a bit of Castaneda but I don't think she is a fraud because she is treating clients in clinical ractice, but I was disappointed that she didn't make clear any practical ways we can do the work for ourselves, there was something about bringing memories to the level of your eyes but not much.

But I am looking into shamanism methods for this again and dream healing so if anyone has any other good books for this I will be most grateful. I am currently reading "gift of the dreamtime - awakening to the divinity of trauma" by Kelly Harrel , which is similar to the other book, ill report back if its any good.

Jetsun, have you read any of Peter Levine's work? He released a new book recently, I don't have it but his older ones are great.

Reginald A. Ray

Secret of the Vajra World - The Tantric Buddhism of Tibet

great so far, its the follow up to Indestructible Truth, which i learned a lot from. This book delves into the esoteric and more mysterious of Tibetan practices, where Indestructible Truth dealt mostly with the exoteric and commonly known practices.

i super highly recommend these two book to anyone who still wonders "wtf" about tibetan buddhism. Vajrayana can be such a strange thing to outsiders, but these books clear up the mystery in nontechnical language and clear and concise scholarship. Delicious books

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secrets-Chinese-Meditation-Self-Cultivation-Mahayana/dp/0877280665/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353162330&sr=8-1

The Secrets of Chinese Meditation. Been waiting ages for it to arrive as I bought it cheap via Amazon partners second hand.

So far so good. First published in 1964 and appears to have been in print ever since so obviously a standard text.

Author was a PL Buddhist but syncretic.

Edited by GrandmasterP

http://www.amazon.co...53162330&sr=8-1

The Secrets of Chinese Meditation. Been waiting ages for it to arrive as I bought it cheap via Amazon partners second hand.

So far so good. First published in 1964 and appears to have been in print ever since so obviously a standard text.

I have read this. Very interesting.

http://www.amazon.co...53162330&sr=8-1

I have read this. Very interesting.

It's a good book. Some of the translation is bit dodgy, but it's worth reading.

Contains some of my great-grand-teachers teachings :D

Best,

Jetsun, have you read any of Peter Levine's work? He released a new book recently, I don't have it but his older ones are great.

I read 'Waking the Tiger' a few years back, I thought it was pretty good, I would be interested if there is anything new in his new book though.

I am currently reading

Dreaming-the-Soul-Back-Home-Moss-Robert-9781608680580.jpg

Which is good so far, is a bit long but has a lot of good practical shamanic techniques in it, including thing like egg cleansing and dream re-entry and techniques for soul retrieval.

looks good jetsun

two nights ago i realized i was dreaming but in attempting to stabilize my lucidity the dream faded to black. I have worked with Stephen Laberge's techniques and writings and successfully attained regular lucidity, but that was about 20 years ago. I should get back into it! I think i will look into Robert Moss. Does anyone have other suggestions for lucidity authors?

Been getting into manga lately.

Started with the cult classic Akira. I'm on book 2 now and it's awesome.

Brilliant story and well drawn for an older example of the genre.

Any manga/graphic novel recommendations ?

reading, re-reading, re-reading...

taoist yoga

yellow emperor's classic

I'll get around to tao and longevity one of these days...

Robert (Grandmaster) Rankin's

The Witches of Chiswick

1p plus post & packing via Amazon Partners.

A useful reminder that much is seldom necessarily as straightforward as it might superficially seem to be.

• Like 1