Brian

Neigong at the Beach!

Hot off the press!

(I've been pestering Ya Mu for details.)

Neigong at the Beach

Stillness-Movement & Gift of the Tao Neigong with Medical Qigong & Taoist Medicine

November 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2012

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

Holiday Inn Beach House Resort on the ocean: http://www.thebeachhousehhi.com/

To register for the workshop go to http://store.qigongamerica.com

It will be a few days before they will have registration discounts set up - don't think they will sell out as we have rooms set aside up until 2 weeks before the class. So no hurry on hotel registration.

Would suggest anyone registering with them confirm that they can cancel if they need to with no penalty.

We do have a special room rate WAY less than normal rate. I do, however, expect this workshop to fill up so folks should not wait until the last minute to register for the workshop on my site.

Edited by A Seeker
  • Like 4

Hmmm . . . Never been to South Carolina. Checked ticket prices from Des Moines and they are a bit steep.

Mid-westerners! PM me and we'll talk carpool. ^_^

I have reserved my space at the workshop but will wait until lodging discounts are announced as "ready" before I make a room reservation.

Hmmm . . . Never been to South Carolina. Checked ticket prices from Des Moines and they are a bit steep.

Mid-westerners! PM me and we'll talk carpool. ^_^

I will be driving; takes me 2 days.

I have reserved my space at the workshop but will wait until lodging discounts are announced as "ready" before I make a room reservation.

Your gonna love the energetics there. Both Kempomaster & I have observed the Qi there to be extremely vibrant. Ever since I checked it out a few years ago I've wanted to do a workshop there and kempomaster has been nudging me to do one there for a couple of years now. And our venue room overlooks the ocean.

• Like 3

I will be driving; takes me 2 days.

Your gonna love the energetics there. Both Kempomaster & I have observed the Qi there to be extremely vibrant. Ever since I checked it out a few years ago I've wanted to do a workshop there and kempomaster has been nudging me to do one there for a couple of years now. And our venue room overlooks the ocean.

Currently living in the Raleigh/Durham area and this area feels very positive as well.

Either way, I'll be at this seminar, as it's only 6 hour drive for me. :D

John

Currently living in the Raleigh/Durham area and this area feels very positive as well.

Either way, I'll be at this seminar, as it's only 6 hour drive for me. :D

John

Cool! I find it interesting that there is so much energetics here on Hilton Head versus further north in North Carolina, which is certainly beautiful on the coast but doesn't even compare with the energetics at Hilton Head. Hopefully kempomaster will chime in on this with his experiences there as well.

For a look at qigong on this beach, I now have a flyer up that has background pics of Gift of the Tao done on the very beach we will be on.

Hilton Head Island Neigong Workshop Flyer

hilton head.png

• Like 5

I am considering attending and it would be my first workshop. I do not own the Gift of the Tao dvd's yet. Should we be familiar with level 1 or both the 1st and 2nd level dvd's?

I just went to my first workshop last month and I would recommend learning both before you go (especially since you have a few months). I had learned the Gift of the Tao 1 and the Sequential Energy DVD before I went. It definitely helped to be able to get corrections, ask questions, and be more in the flow of the workshop instead of trying to learn it all at once. Michael recommended I learn three moves at a time from the 1st dvd and go from there. On the DVD it is broken down by sections to make it easier to learn. A couple of the moves are tricky at first, but playing it at 1/8th speed on my computer really helped. Wish I could make it to this one. Practicing on the beach sounds really fun!

Dan

• Like 1

Hi Dan, I just got the DVDs so I can prepare before attending the workshops.

I was wondering how to slow the playing speed? GOT movement number three for example. I was wondering how to slow to 1/8th speed on my computer.

Thanks! ~ gramp, an old uncoordinated Tao bum :rolleyes: ~

I just went to my first workshop last month and I would recommend learning both before you go (especially since you have a few months). I had learned the Gift of the Tao 1 and the Sequential Energy DVD before I went. It definitely helped to be able to get corrections, ask questions, and be more in the flow of the workshop instead of trying to learn it all at once. Michael recommended I learn three moves at a time from the 1st dvd and go from there. On the DVD it is broken down by sections to make it easier to learn. A couple of the moves are tricky at first, but playing it at 1/8th speed on my computer really helped. Wish I could make it to this one. Practicing on the beach sounds really fun!

Dan

Hi Dan, sounds like some good advice. Only thing is, I didn't learn the GOT moves until I went to the workshop. But that was my preference. And I didn't feel hindered in not knowing the moves before I went. But that's just me.

Good to hear another perspective and that it worked for you. I could see the benefit of waiting to learn directly from the source as well.

I was wondering how to slow the playing speed? GOT movement number three for example. I was wondering how to slow to 1/8th speed on my computer.

When the DVD player opens on my Mac, I just go to controls and choose the "slow motion rate" and when I get to the point that I want to slow down, go back to controls and choose "slow motion." I would guess that most media players should have a way to go into slow motion. I haven't watched the DVD's on my TV so I don't know if it can do it as well. Good luck!

• Like 1

Awesome!! I was just thinking today how cool it would be if the workshop got scheduled and ended up near my birthday...lo and behold, the workshop is the weekend before my birthday! (Nov. 6th).

Hope it doesn't sell out too quick...won't be able to afford it until the end of this month, most likely. x.x

I am considering attending and it would be my first workshop. I do not own the Gift of the Tao dvd's yet. Should we be familiar with level 1 or both the 1st and 2nd level dvd's?

I think it a good idea, but not mandatory, to become familiar with the movements then do the corrections at the workshop. But as you can see, there is no wrong way here. Suggest learning GOT I and going over GOT II but not spending as much time with GOT II until you feel familiar with GOT I. Of course I am going to also do some moves from GOT III :)

Awesome!! I was just thinking today how cool it would be if the workshop got scheduled and ended up near my birthday...lo and behold, the workshop is the weekend before my birthday! (Nov. 6th).

Hope it doesn't sell out too quick...won't be able to afford it until the end of this month, most likely. x.x

Your position was reserved some time ago. (how's that for non-linearity)

But do please follow it up when you can :)

edit to add:

Dan

Beach Qigong is really cool! Thanks for pointing out what I put in bold of your quote.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

Your position was reserved some time ago. (how's that for non-linearity)

But do please follow it up when you can :)

Wow, really? That's pretty darn cool! Non-linearity can be so convenient sometimes!

I plan on getting the DVDs as well. I look forward to practicing GOT, it'll keep me psyched for the workshop!

Hi Billb,

I'de definitely recommend checking out the first Gift of the Tao DVD. Thats what I did before my first workshop, I got Gift of the Tao one and did my best to learn the moves from the DVD. I simply went through 3 moves a day and after about a week already had them all down for the most part. Even before I attended my first workshop I could feel the strong effects of this movement system. However its a really cool thing to compare and contrast how the moves feel before the workshop to how the feel during and after attending your first workshop, you may be surprised how big of a difference it will be.

• Like 2

Gift of the Tao and Stillness-Movement at the Beach - especially at Hilton Head.

1st - Hilton Head beach is a very unique beach - the sand is much like that at Daytona Beach - where if they let you you could drive a car down the beach (no cars on the beach in Hilton Head), however, you will have to be content riding bikes down the beach - there are bike rentals all over the beach and I am guessing that in November you could probably rent a beach bike for 4 days for $25. Not bad.

Also, since the sand is packed so tightly - it makes for easy movements in practicing Gift of the Tao on the beach. Caution though - as this area seems to have a unique energetic vortex - you should find that the Qi gets extremely thick, extremely fast. I mean unusually thick. It was like my arms were trying to stir cake batter. Then after working G.O.T. 1 for one complete sequence - I had shifted energetically to a different dimension. It was as if a pert of me had left the island and travelled to a different planet - but I was still watching the earth bound me walk around on the beach. - So the G.O.T. combined with the natural Qi that abounds on Hilton Head are a very calming mixture.

When I was not practcing movements - I was sitting on the beach practicing Stillness-Movement. One of those beach chairs that almost sit on the ground worked very nicely. Again, the shift was quite dramatic and I found that I could practice S-M for most of the morning - while my wife read her book. Of course, she would occasionally ask me a question - and my response was probably - huh, what, no I don't wanna come back, I've gone to a amazing place of pure light.

So, I think anyone that attends will really enjoy the energetics of the Island.

Now - as Michael said - our meeting room - has windows across the front of it that allow us to see the sea (ocean). The ocean is right there, this Holiday Inn is updated and nice - the fact that it is right on the beach makes the nightly rate even more attractive. What I like as well - is that this will be off-season and would should be able to visit the beach and not feel crowded. Plus, when you go out for lunch or dinner , there should not be a long wait - if any wait. Lastly, the location of the Holiday Inn is in Coligny Plaza - sort of a little village within itself which is also very nice. Once you are there - you can park your car and walk everywhere - grocery store within 2 blocks, plenty of restaurants nearby, CVS drug store - everything is within walking distance.

So think about it -- no, if this workshop is talking to you...yes you. Then I think you should attend and give Beach Qigong a try. You'll be glad you did.

thanks,

Brion aka Kempomaster

• Like 7

GOT 3?

Sorry, I almost missed this.

Yes, we are several moves into Gift of the Tao III at the workshops. Really good movements!

• Like 1

If anyone will passing through St. Louis, Kansas City, or Columbia Missouri on the way to this workshop and would be willing to give me a ride, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by Creation

How quickly is this workshop filling up?

Just recently got it up on the website, about 10 confirmed, 3 more reserved, and I haven't had a chance to actually do a mailing announcing it yet; will do that this week - weekend. Will probably cut it off at 20.

When the DVD player opens on my Mac, I just go to controls and choose the "slow motion rate" and when I get to the point that I want to slow down, go back to controls and choose "slow motion." I would guess that most media players should have a way to go into slow motion. I haven't watched the DVD's on my TV so I don't know if it can do it as well. Good luck!

Thank you, dsk, for the "slow motion rate" method with a Mac. I was able to see how the Mac DVD Player lets you select full speed, or 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed.

At home I've got my LCD screen connected to a PC, and watch TV and DVDs through Windows Media Center (but that doesn't seem to have a speed control).

I tried the Windows Media Player and was able to select between twice-normal, normal, and half-normal speeds.

For a couple of weeks there, I thought I'd never learn GOT I. Now, I'm two-thirds through. Yippeee! I had also purchased the GOT II DVD. Back on schedule to have some profiency in both by end of September... :)

Thank you, dsk, for the "slow motion rate" method with a Mac. I was able to see how the Mac DVD Player lets you select full speed, or 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed.

At home I've got my LCD screen connected to a PC, and watch TV and DVDs through Windows Media Center (but that doesn't seem to have a speed control).

I tried the Windows Media Player and was able to select between twice-normal, normal, and half-normal speeds.

For a couple of weeks there, I thought I'd never learn GOT I. Now, I'm two-thirds through. Yippeee! I had also purchased the GOT II DVD. Back on schedule to have some profiency in both by end of September... :)

Once a person catches on they see that each move builds on the previous moves and that there is a lot of repetitive movement that is just perceived as differently complex but is really simple. Initially it is not what the mind expects and it is sometimes perceived as very difficult. As these are duplicates of higher vibration energy patterns as seen on other vibrational levels, by letting go of the mind involvement, we discover that these are natural energy patterns that our body/energy body LIKES to do.

Another video player that will allow a person to slow down the speed is VLC Media Player. Many times I have found this software useful.

• Like 3