skydog

The difference between shaking medicine and stillness movement

I am very familiar with shaking medicine and spontaneous dance and find it to be very helpful. I am looking to save up and buy the book, workshop of stillness movement etc however before that happens which could be a while I have been practicing what I imagine stillness movement to be like reading the information and the video.

Without ruining Ya Mus sales etc does anyone find shaking medicine to be superior or offer things which stillness movement doesnt eg focusing on good feelings, noises, shaking etc. Is it possible to do both. I find shaking a very powerful healing mechanism..I also like to be still and grounded

Regards

Sinan

I am very familiar with shaking medicine and spontaneous dance and find it to be very helpful. I am looking to save up and buy the book, workshop of stillness movement etc however before that happens which could be a while I have been practicing what I imagine stillness movement to be like reading the information and the video.

Without ruining Ya Mus sales etc does anyone find shaking medicine to be superior or offer things which stillness movement doesnt eg focusing on good feelings, noises, shaking etc. Is it possible to do both. I find shaking a very powerful healing mechanism..I also like to be still and grounded

Regards

Sinan

HA HA, no worries.

Stillness-Movement is a unique neigong system brought from China that is geared at raising a person's energy body vibration and contains medical qigong, as practiced in the hospitals of China, as an inherent aspect. The movement associated with Stillness-Movement is not something that one induces but rather the energy induces.

The book is less than $10 on amazon.com as an ebook - it sold out of print quite some time ago after shipping to most countries of the world.

You might be interested in adding rebounding to your workout. I suggest this to everyone I meet.

"shaking medicine", "stillness meditation", "seidr", "spontaneous qigong", seiki-jutsu, davenning, whirling, pizzica, "sahaja yoga"....many labels, kinetic "flavors", etc. same Mystery...

That is called [Kundalini yogic developmental kriya] action of the body in which reason takes no part and which does not originate as an idea springing in the mind.

To speak simply, yogis perform actions [asanas, mudras, kriyas] with their bodies, like the [innocent] movements of children. Jnaneshvar

stuart.kzar.ru/node/48

the common key point, East & West, North & South:allowing your heart to open...

"Bushman knowing is inspired by feeling love rather than thinking ideas. The more they feed love – loving the loving in a recursively spun positive feedback loop - the more they amplify its presence and impact on their body. It causes them to tremble and shake, an indication to them that they are awake and in the only state worthy of trustworthy knowing. For them, thinking should serve authentically experienced love rather than the latter being an abstraction for intellectual word play.

Bushmen seek to make their “ropes” (a metaphor for relationship) strong. They do so by shooting “arrows” of amplified love into one another. You might be tempted to say that they are “cupid scholars” who hunt for “n/om” (the soulful life force). They work to make themselves “soft” through absurd play and open hearted expression so that the arrows and ropes that enhance relational connectivity may pierce and join. Bushman stories emphasize changes that surprise and trip you into being off guard with any convenient category of understanding. In effect, Bushman knowing is all about letting yourself out of any and all typological grids of abstraction so that the Heraclitean movement of spirited love can dance you into ever shifting relations with life.

A group of elder women n/om kxaosi were asked what made them so strong in

matters of n/om (Keeney 2010). They replied, “we are this way because of the tears we have wept for the ancestors who have passed on.” The deepest longing human beings experience often comes from the loss of a loved one. Rather than trying to emotionally get over it, these Bushman elders keep the longing alive, feeding it until it breaks their hearts wide open in an awakened way, bringing them inside a more expansive and intimate relation with their ancestors. In this connection tears flow along a channel that keeps their relationships strong and permits a never-ending expression of love and soulful guidance.

Another intense form of longing is familiar to all lovers who fall deeply in love. In this infinite ocean of Eros we find there is more than simple love. There is loving love. When we become lovers of loving, the ropes are inseparable from us and carry our hearts into the highest realms.

~CIRCULUS: Journal for Creative Transformation. Volume1, Issue 1

"My views on this subject have evolved as I have deepened my personal connection with the universe. My goal is to continue to deepen my connection with the unconditional love of the universe and to live in this love every moment of every day, to live as my friend Marci Shimoff would put it, "Happy for No Reason." Living in unconditional love brings happiness to me every moment. Sharing this love with everyone I encounter deepens this connection even more. This is my ultimate goal and I think it is an excellent goal that everyone will find rewarding in ways we cannot even begin to imagine....

The very best, in my opinion, is connecting with the limitless, unconditional love of the universe and the infinite source. Opening your heart, connecting with this unconditional love is always the best. There simple is no more powerful healing energy than unconditional love. When you open your heart like this you can get into the emptiness/the oneness faster, then the Qi will do what is best for you naturally and spontaneously."

Chunyi Lin

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/16067-interview-with-chunyi-lin-of-spring-forest-qigong/

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 1

Been practicing S-M for about a year now. I also briefly but intensively practiced spontaneous shaking. Both are very powerful practices...but IME completely different.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Shaking can lead to inner stillness. Shake your heart out and then be still.

Inner stillness can lead to shaking. Quiet your mind and let your energy arise.

Not talking about any particular branded experience. I learned how to do it on my own before being exposed to yoga or qigong.

It's all natural.

Something to explore.

Just speaking from experience.

:)

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 2

Regards

Sinan

This is not easy to answer in a sense. Let me put it this way;

•  
  • There are practices where shaking and spontaneous movement is an inherent part of the practice and sought when practicing.
  • There are practices that may result in vibration and movement but do not seek it.

Ponder this difference.

Many of the 'zifa' qigong practices simply do NOT tend to go as deep as jingdonggong. They can do, and for some who really plunge their depths certainly do. But many get sidetracked by the 'idea' of shaking and moving themselves about. Additionally actual 'zifa' is NOT simply 'unchoreographed' "improvised" movement which can feel nice and wonderful but is quite quite different.

I think it is all too easy to 'see' "shaking", and "spontaneous" movement and see the same thing going on. I am not talking systems or methods here, I am talking internal experience. Not being caught up with names, terms etc what is actually going on? what is the aim/point of the practice? how are the vibrations, shaking occuring?

Additionally I would ask this of yourself; What is it that I am not getting, or feel is missing in what I am currently doing that has me looking at other methods? It doesn't matter if something has been the holy grail for plenty of others, it might not be for you. To blindly accept is not the way.

Hope that makes sense and helps :)

Best,

• Like 3

' TS: Which brings me to one idea you have that I'd like to challenge you on. Let's see how this goes. It seems that you've put meditators in a certain category, that meditators are having controlled, versus wild, experiences. I'm curious if you think it's possible that that kind of shaking, trembling, uncontrolled flow of energy could be happening in a meditator who appears quiet on the outside, but there's actually quite a lot of explosive fire on the inside. What do you think, Brad?

Bradford Keeney: Absolutely. Of course it can! Anything can happen! It's the same in the Kalahari. Sometimes you feel the juice inside, it's moving, it's not manifesting itself on the outside. Many, many things can happen. I'm only shaking up people's attachment to thinking there's only one side of the dance. Of course, in an idealized world, we're going to know that. I don't even need to call it "meditation." I'll just call it "deep relaxation" or "deep stillness" or whatever, as opposed to heightened arousal. Certainly shaking and meditation, if we can resurrect those two terms once more, are equally important, and what's most important is that they begin dancing in a relationship to each other.

You see, this was the natural way. In the beginning, people felt the drums—because when you get the drums going, and you get the singing going, you're not going to sit still. You're going to move! And when you're moving and you get grabbed by the Spirit, you're going to get danced with. You're going to be worked on. And then, after a while, you collapse. You fall to the ground, and your mind is completely cleared and empty, because it can't track any of that. It can't hold it. There's no category that it can be put in and placed and understood. At that moment, you go straight into the zone that someone working hard in meditation is trying to find. The benefit from going to that is it swings right to the other side.

And, of course, you say the same thing. If you really pursue the meditation, it'll swing you into an ecstatic state. What we need is that whole circle. That's the big news. It's that this is the other half. What we've got is Daddy telling everybody to sit still. Well, we need to go back to Mama Africa. Mama Africa says, "Get up and dance! Feel the earth!" So we need both. We need both the mama and father of spirituality, and we've just clipped off our roots to Africa, and really don't know the extent to which it has something to say, as well.

So when I say, "Move over, meditation! It's time for shaking medicine!" that's me shaking things up. The heart of it is they're wed together. You can't have one without the other. '

"Stillness-Movement shares substantial similarities with Shaolin Wahnam, primarily in that both are systems that emphasize the allowing of qi to flow freely in the body and allowing any movements that manifest to happen (what some call “spontaneous qigong”)."

Thank you for your words, ShaktiMama, it happened to me too..before being exposed to any energy work, I experienced spontaneously the circularity of stillness/ spontaneous movement (the coded imagery of Shakti dancing over quiet, still Shiva).

Maybe because of that, it's that I'm interested, not in how you move your index finger this way or that way, but:

"How do we live in a truly free world where we can relate to each other creatively, as opposed to ritualistically?" We know that, in the living of life, it can either tend to lean towards being an improvisational art, or it can follow the routines of someone's prescribed way of how we should behave with one another. And shaking, ecstatic heart awakening, let people free. It said, "Live life as jazz!" It's improvisational! It moves! It's something that cannot be held, contained, predicted. It is, in the most beautiful sense of the word, wild."

I'm sorry,but what I find slightly amusing is this obssesion in drawing absolute differences between "systems" that allow "of qi to flow freely in the body and allowing any movements that manifest to happen": it's like putting fences in the middle of the sea... -other thing is if you are developing it as an aesthetic creation, with the clear awareness that in the end, your framing is nothing but a beautiful abstraction, and you want to be acknowledged for that..I resspect that; but those claims of "this system of spontaneous qigong is TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE OTHERS"...come on, please ; )

Edited by Ulises

' ...are you passing on the shake there, and if so, what method are you using?

Bradford Keeney: Well, it's really not a method, other than you can say that we "work the Spirit." The older the tradition, the less protocol, the less ritualistic routine.'

Informative response, sm. Since you are incorporating terms not mentioned in the OP, help us (me) to understand a bit more.

>> jingdonggong - Are you referring to another name that Michael Lomax calls his stillness-movement meditation?

>> zifa - Would you say more about that term?

Thanks. :)

Jing Dong Gong is Stillness-Movement Gongfu. Since I teach in the West, mostly, I seldom use the Chinese name but instead the translation. I do this with most of the terminology.

Stillness-Movement is a neigong system from China. The vibrational levels achieved with the system allow one to be able to do wai qi liao fa. There are many medical techniques within the system which have been/are utilized in hospitals and clinics around the world. A truly amazing and unique system.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

...AND I enjoy playing also the qi gongs with form (Wu Ji Gong,aka "taichi for enlightenment", 8 Brocades) but with the clear, gorgeous awareness that I play/being played by the Qi through the form...very paradoxical, being conscious - energetically/emotionally(bliss) - of both foreground/background, so to speak...and I cooldn't agree more with Chunyi Lin: for me, it's all about being moved by the ecstatic Qi of Love

Edited by Ulises

ulises,

Stillness-Movement and shaking are so far apart the only real similarities are that both could be considered a qi gongfu as they both have qi movement. The underlying vibrationals are completely different (Stillness-Movement practitioners seldom just shake) and one would have to actually practice Stillness-Movement for a time [this time does differ from person to person] to understand this. The systems are also completely different as Stillness-Movement contains the UNIQUE hospital/clinical methodology of medical qigong. I have no problem with shaking practices and by all means if a person wishes to do them they should, as they most probably are quite good. I have seen and practiced a number of them and do believe they have merit. You have an opinion based on pure conjecture. You have already heard from folks here who have practiced both who say it is different, why do you not believe them.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

ulises,

Stillness-Movement and shaking are so far apart the only real similarities are that both could be considered a qi gongfu as they both have qi movement. The underlying vibrationals are completely different (Stillness-Movement practitioners seldom just shake) and one would have to actually practice Stillness-Movement for a time [this time does differ from person to person] to understand this. The systems are also completely different as Stillness-Movement contains the UNIQUE hospital/clinical methodology of medical qigong. I have no problem with shaking practices and by all means if a person wishes to do them they should, as they most probably are quite good. I have seen and practiced a number of them and do believe they have merit. You have an opinion based on pure conjecture. You have already heard from folks here who have practiced both who say it is different, why do you not believe them.

Ok thanks I will do both or at least until the workshop in finland

regards

sinan

Informative response, sm. Since you are incorporating terms not mentioned in the OP, help us (me) to understand a bit more.

>> jingdonggong - Are you referring to another name that Michael Lomax calls his stillness-movement meditation?

>> zifa - Would you say more about that term?

Thanks. :)

Sorry for the confusion :blush: As Ya Mu has said jingdonggong or jingdong qigong is the Chinese name. No secrets, it is in his book and has been mentioned numerous times on this forum, again apologies for not clarifying.

As for 'zifa'自发, it literally means 'self release' and is usually translated as 'spontaneous'. There are many qigong methods that use the term zifa in the title. Most of the ones I have personally seen or been taught were derived from Shaolin and were Buddhist.

I am not far enough along to comment on the end of the road, my comments are based upon how they are taught, the stated aims/purposes of the practices, how those involved actually engage with and make use of the methods, as well as what they get out of them over time.

The zifagong's I've been taught either used muscular fatigue to initiate skeletal vibrations (basically the same way Berceli does in his TRE), or falling into natural swaying easy rhythmical movement, or a combination thereof. Sometimes the teacher would add some qi to the experience. They all emphasised and sought shaking, and spontaneous movement. You could call this dongjinggong maybe ;) but many do not go deep and get caught with trying to shake etc thinking that is the point.

Ulises;

I'm glad you're enjoying your practices.

You can say all sword methods are swordsmanship so they're all the same. Yet practically and if you engage with a true method you will find they are not. Specifics exist for good reason. Being able to scale up and see the big picture as well as scale down and see the small are both equally important.

I was first introduced to 'spontaneous' Japanese methods, and have been taught various methods from Japan, China, Russia, and derived from European Shamanism. Some were more contemporary others older. However the lineage (not method, lineage) of stillness-movement has not been the same in my experience. It is not about creating barriers, you simply cannot learn what stillness-movement has to offer from Keeney. I'm sure there are things that would go the other way too! It's not a judgement of better or worse.

Best,

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion :blush: As Ya Mu has said jingdonggong or jingdong qigong is the Chinese name. No secrets, it is in his book and has been mentioned numerous times on this forum, again apologies for not clarifying.

As for 'zifa'自发, it literally means 'self release' and is usually translated as 'spontaneous'. There are many qigong methods that use the term zifa in the title. Most of the ones I have personally seen or been taught were derived from Shaolin and were Buddhist.

I am not far enough along to comment on the end of the road, my comments are based upon how they are taught, the stated aims/purposes of the practices, how those involved actually engage with and make use of the methods, as well as what they get out of them over time.

The zifagong's I've been taught either used muscular fatigue to initiate skeletal vibrations (basically the same way Berceli does in his TRE), or falling into natural swaying easy rhythmical movement, or a combination thereof. Sometimes the teacher would add some qi to the experience. They all emphasised and sought shaking, and spontaneous movement. You could call this dongjinggong maybe ;) but many do not go deep and get caught with trying to shake etc thinking that is the point.

Ulises;

I'm glad you're enjoying your practices.

You can say all sword methods are swordsmanship so they're all the same. Yet practically and if you engage with a true method you will find they are not. Specifics exist for good reason. Being able to scale up and see the big picture as well as scale down and see the small are both equally important.

I was first introduced to 'spontaneous' Japanese methods, and have been taught various methods from Japan, China, Russia, and derived from European Shamanism. Some were more contemporary others older. However the lineage (not method, lineage) of stillness-movement has not been the same in my experience. It is not about creating barriers, you simply cannot learn what stillness-movement has to offer from Keeney. I'm sure there are things that would go the other way too! It's not a judgement of better or worse.

Best,

Interesting read when I did Qigong in Oshos resort in Pune the instructor said that Qigong doesnt encourage shaking, so I guess Ive been getting confused.

So you practice different spontaneous practices? I am also interested in learning different spontaneous practices however I am interested in sticking to one or maybe two in particular. I wasn't aware that stillness movement incorporated shaking occasionally. I also find focusing on good feelings is a great practices that seems to have changed my "personality", however I see the wisdom in dropping all the ego stuff to ascend to the thoughtless realm also. I also find playing a drum spontaneously, making spontaneous noises ( maybe healing sounds) and music as well as laughing seems to really purify my energy. I've noticed there was bad qi in my neck because I would start putting my hands there and healing myself and if I laughed certain parts of my neck felt blocked. However in five minutes of this spontaneous music the blockages went away really quickly.

Interesting read when I did Qigong in Oshos resort in Pune the instructor said that Qigong doesnt encourage shaking, so I guess Ive been getting confused.

So you practice different spontaneous practices? I am also interested in learning different spontaneous practices however I am interested in sticking to one or maybe two in particular. I wasn't aware that stillness movement incorporated shaking occasionally. I also find focusing on good feelings is a great practices that seems to have changed my "personality", however I see the wisdom in dropping all the ego stuff to ascend to the thoughtless realm also. I also find playing a drum spontaneously, making spontaneous noises ( maybe healing sounds) and music as well as laughing seems to really purify my energy. I've noticed there was bad qi in my neck because I would start putting my hands there and healing myself and if I laughed certain parts of my neck felt blocked. However in five minutes of this spontaneous music the blockages went away really quickly.

Best stick to one practice that you like after trying them out. Best to choose practices based on efficiency. Best to not have any preconceived idea of what Stillness-Movement is before learning it, as it will be different than what you conceive.

"I wasn't aware that stillness movement incorporated shaking occasionally." It doesn't incorporate shaking at all. SOMETIMES the body shakes itself but most often that is not the case. Mostly we move in energy patterns. It is NOT a "shaking" practice. It is different. My suggestion is, if you do wish to learn Stillness-Movement, immediately begin the Gift of the Tao movements. These are energy patterns as seen in Stillness-Movement and will get you used to the energetics of the system.

• Like 3

The simple answer to Keeney's "Shaking medicine" = Ya Mu's "Stillness-Movement" is no.

The experience of SM neigong is unique to YOU, and where YOU are when you engage with it. Expectation and presumption about what it is, what it does etc can often get in the way of that. This is why Ya Mu does not have a bullet point explanation of it. And if my teacher says it can't be put into words, who am I to do so?

It is easier to point out misunderstanding regarding what it is not. But then when this is done, it can be assumed this is simply tribalism or marketting :blink:

So you have a question to ask. If I ask a question about SM neigong, who am I going to believe? Words easily cause confusion.

Ya Mu doesn't ask anyone to believe him, he asks that you experience and see for yourself and go from there whatever you find. Seek your own understanding and answers.

Stillness-Movement is a unique neigong system brought from China that is geared at raising a person's energy body vibration and contains medical qigong, as practiced in the hospitals of China, as an inherent aspect. The movement associated with Stillness-Movement is not something that one induces but rather the energy induces.

But PLEASE don't mislead folks about the label 'spontaneous qigong' and Michael Lomax's "stillness-movement" daoist cultivation system. They ain't even similar! :lol:

RV knows whereof she speaks.

•  
  • There are practices where shaking and spontaneous movement is an inherent part of the practice and sought when practicing.
  • There are practices that may result in vibration and movement but do not seek it.

Ponder this difference.

I think it is all too easy to 'see' "shaking", and "spontaneous" movement and see the same thing going on. I am not talking systems or methods here, I am talking internal experience. Not being caught up with names, terms etc what is actually going on? what is the aim/point of the practice? how are the vibrations, shaking occuring?

This is the only post of mine that I think you could have gotten the impression that,

stillness movement incorporated shaking occasionally.

It may simply be a word thing, but 'incorporate' sounds intentional and an aim. What I am talking about is that just because some have been 'shaken' in SM neigong, people see that or read that description and assume it is about shaking, or you are meant to shake, or that it is the same as "shaking medicine". Additionally my point is what is causing the expression? So many expressions can occur. So I will repeat Ya Mu's advice;

Best to not have any preconceived idea of what Stillness-Movement is before learning it, as it will be different than what you conceive.

It doesn't incorporate shaking at all. SOMETIMES the body shakes itself but most often that is not the case. Mostly we move in energy patterns. It is NOT a "shaking" practice. It is different.

Yes there are zifagong's where you learn to induce spontaneous movement and or 'shaking'. There are also 'shaking' qigong's where you simply "shake" the soft tissue around the bones, either whole bodily or limbs. The latter is a conscious intended movement although you can find a rhythm and momentum within that. They are not secret qigongs.

So you practice different spontaneous practices? I am also interested in learning different spontaneous practices however I am interested in sticking to one or maybe two in particular.

No I don't. I have varying experience with different practices. After being introduced to one, and then being inspired by talking with others about what they do I sought other methods out. But be aware that they have their own reasons and purposes. For example one of the shaking qigong's I know ties directly into bodywork applications, that is its purpose. If I practice it am I trying to get more bang for my buck out of SM neigong? No it is done for its own sake and has nothing to do with it.

I may regret this, but one of my early experiences with SM neigong was of my awareness and mind dropping into and through my dantian, it then expanded into the stars while I remained aware of my dantian as a star that felt like an anchor between the heavens and where my body was. It was how I know I could come back. Now, it only happened once. It provided several insights into various things. But to take this and think or state that this is what SM neigong 'is' or 'does' would not do me or anyone else any favours.

Some appear to keep focussing on the idea of moving spontaneously or whatever else because it is called Stillness-Movement. What about all the other phenomena, expressions, and experiences that occur?? SM neigong cannot be summed up or explained as ......... fill in the blank.

The only reason I contributed to this thread is BECAUSE I have done various practices that people keep equating with SM neigong. Bottom line, the assumption they are the same will get in the way. I have had to drop and let go of many of these, and listen to Ya Mu to realise and see through my expectations. I am still doing this.

Best,

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 4

The simple answer to Keeney's "Shaking medicine" = Ya Mu's "Stillness-Movement" is no.

The experience of SM neigong is unique to YOU, and where YOU are when you engage with it. Expectation and presumption about what it is, what it does etc can often get in the way of that. This is why Ya Mu does not have a bullet point explanation of it. And if my teacher says it can't be put into words, who am I to do so?

It is easier to point out misunderstanding regarding what it is not. But then when this is done, it can be assumed this is simply tribalism or marketting :blink:

So you have a question to ask. If I ask a question about SM neigong, who am I going to believe? Words easily cause confusion.

Ya Mu doesn't ask anyone to believe him, he asks that you experience and see for yourself and go from there whatever you find. Seek your own understanding and answers.

RV knows whereof she speaks.

This is the only post of mine that I think you could have gotten the impression that,

It may simply be a word thing, but 'incorporate' sounds intentional and an aim. What I am talking about is that just because some have been 'shaken' in SM neigong, people see that or read that description and assume it is about shaking, or you are meant to shake, or that it is the same as "shaking medicine". Additionally my point is what is causing the expression? So many expressions can occur. So I will repeat Ya Mu's advice;

Yes there are zifagong's where you learn to induce spontaneous movement and or 'shaking'. There are also 'shaking' qigong's where you simply "shake" the soft tissue around the bones, either whole bodily or limbs. The latter is a conscious intended movement although you can find a rhythm and momentum within that. They are not secret qigongs.

No I don't. I have varying experience with different practices. After being introduced to one, and then being inspired by talking with others about what they do I sought other methods out. But be aware that they have their own reasons and purposes. For example one of the shaking qigong's I know ties directly into bodywork applications, that is its purpose. If I practice it am I trying to get more bang for my buck out of SM neigong? No it is done for its own sake and has nothing to do with it.

I may regret this, but one of my early experiences with SM neigong was of my awareness and mind dropping into and through my dantian, it then expanded into the stars while I remained aware of my dantian as a star that felt like an anchor between the heavens and where my body was. It was how I know I could come back. Now, it only happened once. It provided several insights into various things. But to take this and think or state that this is what SM neigong 'is' or 'does' would not do me or anyone else any favours.

Some appear to keep focussing on the idea of moving spontaneously or whatever else because it is called Stillness-Movement. What about all the other phenomena, expressions, and experiences that occur?? SM neigong cannot be summed up or explained as ......... fill in the blank.

The only reason I contributed to this thread is BECAUSE I have done various practices that people keep equating with SM neigong. Bottom line, the assumption they are the same will get in the way. I have had to drop and let go of many of these, and listen to Ya Mu to realise and see through my expectations. I am still doing this.

Best,

My experience from about a year of practice is that Stillness-Movement changes constantly, it has dynamics that are indeed all about the energetics and none about expectations, just as I get used to having muscle twitches in the belly/psoases when practicing they suddenly don't appear anymore but my neck wants to turn left, left, no right, then left again... Then stop, no movement but an overpowering rush of energy.. Shoulder twitches, supposedly QI opening gates there. And in the beginning it all started with just a little bit of circling of the waist, I actually wasn't sure if I was making it happen or if it just happened.

:D So yeah I suspect we won't find a way to put it into words accurately, neither a comparison with other types of Qigong.

• Like 1

^^^

So you know this is actually a legitimate question, here are the lyrics:

note as well, that in his autobiography, Brown mentioned that Native American drums were one of his influences...!

Get up offa that thing,

and dance 'till you feel better,

Get up offa that thing,

and dance 'till you, sing it now!

Get up offa that thing,

and dance 'till you feel better,

Get up offa that thing,

and try to release that pressure!

Get up offa that thing,

and shake 'till you feel better,

Get up offa that thing,

and shake it, say it now!

Get up offa that thing,

Get up offa that thing,

Get up off!

Ha!

Good God!

So good!

Ha!

Everybody ready?!

Follow me!

Get up offa that thing,

Get up offa that thing,

and shake it, sing it now!

Get up offa that thing,

Get up offa that thing,

Get up offa that thing, (Ha!)

and twist 'till you feel better,

Get up offa that thing,

and shake 'till you, sing it now!

Get up offa that thing,

Get up offa that thing,

Huh!

Get funky!

So good, Uh!

I'm first to stop, ha!

I've told them now, ha!

Uh!

Ha!

Ohio player!

Can you hit it one time, from the top?!

Get up offa that thing,

and dance to try, you better!

Get up offa that thing,

and... Help me!

Get up offa that thing,

and dance 'till you feel better!

Get up offa that thing,

Huh!

I need it!

That's the wise old brother at the side start good!

C'mon Clive do it!

Do it!

Uh!

Ha!

Good God!

God Good!

Huh!

Feels good!

Feels good!

Do it to me!

Huh!

Good God!