Sign in to follow this  
lucioeso

hello

dear People

Glad to have found this forum. I am lucio from italy. I have been practicing Zen at San Francisco City Center 4 many years. Good to be back to the old continent. I have a question bout standing meditation. I usually stand for 3 hours every day. Is it too much? Gassho Lucio

dear People

Glad to have found this forum. I am lucio from italy. I have been practicing Zen at San Francisco City Center 4 many years. Good to be back to the old continent. I have a question bout standing meditation. I usually stand for 3 hours every day. Is it too much? Gassho Lucio

Welcome Lucioeso,

I can't really answer your question, but I can sympathize. I was standing an average of three hours a day for about 6 months, though this was broken up into two sessions. I might still be doing this if there were fewer demands on my time. However, the fact that you are asking the question is one sign that you might be standing too much. If you want to spend that much time cultivating and feel that it is too much standing, you might consider adding some movement. You also might mix up the postures: some lying down, some sitting, some walking. I think it is definitely possible to become unbalanced by focusing on one practice, though it may also be just the thing for you at a given time. Only you can say.

Todd

Welcome Lucioeso,

I can't really answer your question, but I can sympathize. I was standing an average of three hours a day for about 6 months, though this was broken up into two sessions. I might still be doing this if there were fewer demands on my time. However, the fact that you are asking the question is one sign that you might be standing too much. If you want to spend that much time cultivating and feel that it is too much standing, you might consider adding some movement. You also might mix up the postures: some lying down, some sitting, some walking. I think it is definitely possible to become unbalanced by focusing on one practice, though it may also be just the thing for you at a given time. Only you can say.

Todd

Thank you Todd. I have done a looot of sitting during my lifetime, thats why I change with standing. But you r right. We got to be balance. Thank,s man for your kindness. Lucio

Ps If you plain to come to Italy let me know. Mi casa es to casa. Ciao

Sign in to follow this