Sign in to follow this  
Steven King

Inner Alchemy Formula 8: Congress of Heaven and Earth

Hello all...

Link for below quoted material: http://www.universal-tao.com/9-secrets-of-taoist.html

Heaven and Earth Alchemy

This practice integrates the Early Heaven or formless Self with the Later Heaven (Earth) physical Self. The Self here identifies itself here with two dimensions that co-exist and co-create: the “formless form” of our being and the “substantial form” of our becoming. These two polar dimensions of our greater Self engage in cosmic sex. They couple in order to re-open the portal to their Original state, or “Pre-Self”. This pre-state or Primordial Heaven is called hundun, the primal chaos-unity that preceded the “big bang” of the cosmic egg cracking open.

The Three Originals (san yuan) of Heaven, Earth, and Humanity are gathered in the three body cauldrons as original ching (jing), original chi, and original shen. This three-tone harmonic chord is resonated with the fundamental or original tone of time and space. Consciousness then stabilizes in the axial center where our true multi-dimensional nature can now be embodied. This is symbolized by a tonal double vortex spinning faster than the speed of light within the void of space. Into this is fused our inner sage's immortal presence, the quintessence of humanity meditating in the center of a cosmic torus (spiritual black hole). We must enter this portal to complete our journey of Return to the Origin

My questions are... Has anyone gone through such an experience? Can you describe what it was like and the methodologies used?

From the same link above, I have all the needed materials, videos, books, etc for level 1-7. I'd like to get further information, direction for levels 8 and 9.

Thanks

Steven King

Edited by Steven King

From the same link above, I have all the needed materials, videos, books, etc for level 1-7. I'd like to get further information, direction for levels 8 and 9.

Thanks

Steven King

First of all, you need a live teacher. Without a teacher there is a next to zero chance one would be able to move beyond level one. At best, books and video contain half of material, even less so on higher levels. Also, you might concider a timeframe. Each level could require 1-3 years of dedicated practice (that is minimum one hour a day).

Hello all...

Link for below quoted material: http://www.universal-tao.com/9-secrets-of-taoist.html

My questions are... Has anyone gone through such an experience? Can you describe what it was like and the methodologies used?

Thanks

Steven King

The system I practice includes an exercise called "The Three Powers" and involves working with points related to heaven/earth/man.

I first learned it about 3 or 4 years into my training and it would be difficult to describe the methodology as there is a lot of foundation work to be accomplished before getting to this level.

In terms of describing the experiences associated with the practice, it would not be helpful to get into that. My teacher has always emphasized the importance of each student doing the work for him/herself. If one shares one's experience with others, it is more likely to be a hindrance than a help. It tends to establish points of reference and expectation of what one should experience and suddenly we begin to create experiences for ourselves that lead us in aberrant directions. At more advanced levels, sharing notes can be of some value among practitioners in the same style.

I will say this, with all due respect, the flowery descriptive language you quote above sounds very corny to my ear. Someone is trying too hard and, as I mention above, putting these images and ideas into the head of beginner students is much more of a distraction than an aid in their practice. As far as I am concerned, anyone who tells you what you should be looking for in your meditation practice is doing you a disservice and should reconsider their approach to Daoist instruction. Just my strongly opinionated opinion.

Much better to instruct you in the basic method and then give guidance periodically based on what experiences you are having.

The basic practice does address the inter-relationship of heaven, man, and earth (for lack of better terminology). It is something that verbal descriptions and intellectual investigation just doesn't approach in a meaningful way.

I agree that to benefit from these methods it is absolutely essential to find a credible teacher.

Sign in to follow this