taolpha

Instructional video?

I've just learned my first Tai Chi short form and got my mom pretty interested in it. On her Christmas list she has asked for a Tai Chi video. Learning from someone of course is the best way but she keeps making excuses up for not going to an instructor. What DVDs our there would you guys recommend?

/tyler

$.02 suggestion :)

Primordial Chi Kung - Michael Winn

This form has been a real momentum-starter for my mother, as surprised as it has made me ...

and since you're fairly new and may not have read what little I've posted on it ...

basically, at the end months of last year my mother hit some health issues from work conditions. She dropped dead, was revived, and in ICU for over a month, and recovered, returned home ... bounced back with haste & vigor !! Since then there have been DRASTIC (and profoundly in the interest of better health & life enjoyment) changes in the everyday moments of her living experience.

We were heading back home one morning from a jog and I'd mentioned it during the trail and as we got to the backyard I demonstrated it also. At that moment she just had to try her hand at it. And now she does it more than I'd ever imagined she would ever do (which I also hit the obstruction of accepting that circumstance would make this so) ... so what I'm saying is that ultimately this is simple, subtle, and you don't want to aim for the ones that are complicated and elaborately advanced until she starts understanding the language of the world you are trying to introduce her to ... yet with steady attention to anything that resonates within you like these kinds of forms and it just kind of starts clicking in as innate and you will not have to worry about memorizing stances or moves and trying constantly to doing them perfectly right or making sure that you don't look ridiculous ... these thoughts only obstruct your progress and make blocks to the connections with the gentle loving energies running through your body and senses. Very exciting to get to the point where you move to the dance like second nature without care to effects such as conflicting thought or being observed among many things.

Wow, that is an amazing story. Glad that some thing good came out of that situation. Thank you for the DVD suggestion. It has been added to the list for consideration.

/taolpha