Wayfarer64

The Roman Catholic Church is in decline, but still VERY wealthy

" ...Oh, I understand! Because it's true, you know, that an Asura is behind it all - not Christ! Sri Aurobindo considered Christ an Avatar (a minor form of Avatar). One emanation of the Divine's aspect of Love, he always said. But what people have made of him! ... Besides, the religion was founded two hundred years after his death. And it's nothing but a political construction, a tool for domination, built with the Lord of Falsehood in the background, who, in his usual fashion, took something true and twisted it....The only common ground is the divinity of Christ, and it became asuric when he was made out to be unique: there has been but ONE incarnation, Christ. That's just where it all went wrong.

We'll see.

It is resisting, resisting everywhere. It's even more resistant than materialism.

Of course! Nothing is more terrible than idealists, they're the worst. They're worse than the bad people.

...(they) turned back to the Father, and so their worship became exactly the worship of a one and only, personal God, an asuric God. And they have fabricated and distorted everything: like asceticism, for instance, and all that sort of thing - everything they touched was twisted and spoiled. "

-The Mother (Mirra Alfassa),"Mother's Agenda: Agenda of the Supramental Action upon Earth"

http://mother-agenda.narod.ru/Agenda_3/1962-12-15.htm

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 1

The Dark Goddess Returns

An Interview with Marion Woodman by Michael Bertrand

MB: Your book is called Dancing in the Flames: The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness. I think that there's a lot of people who don't know what or who the Dark Goddess is. Why are we dealing with this image at this time?

MW: Well, we're dealing with it because so many men and women are having dreams with a dark female figure, often bigger than lifesize and chocolate coloured, and they don't know what to make of this figure in their dreams. I think it's exceedingly important that she should be recognized because she's a transformative energy. In the book we're trying to trace that Dark Goddess back to Isis in Egypt or to the Dark Goddesses that were brought over into Europe when the crusaders went to Africa. What did those Dark Goddesses mean in the medieval period especially in contrast with the chaste, pure White Goddess up on the pedestal--what is the difference in the energy represented by those two images? The Dark Goddess has to do with the Earth, the humus, the humility, the human. She has to do with sexuality, with the sheer joy of the body, with fecundity and the lusciousness of the Earth and with the love that can honour the imperfections in the human being. Whereas the White Goddess tends to make people idealize themselves and therefore develop a huge shadow, the Black Goddess, through her sense of humour and immense love for humanity, helps us to accept our imperfections. Not only that, she helps us to see that a lot of things that we may have considered shameful in ourselves are not shameful at all.

MB: So she's very accepting.

MW: Of human beings, yes. She's very accepting, but in loving and honouring her we can accept our humanity. This is what is at the root of so many addictions and so much shame and guilt in our society. People cannot accept their humanity. They cannot forgive themselves for being human. If this figure comes into a dream and is kind to you or takes you in her arms and holds you, it is such a shocking shift of energy that I've known people who've radically changed after such a dream. It's not orthodox Christianity, but on the other hand in Europe many churches do have a Dark Goddess or Black Goddess right within the church walls. I've never seen one in Canada or the States, but they're not uncommon in Europe and they have been beloved for centuries.

MB: Well, this accepting energy that allows us to be human is different than the all-encompassing Mother Goddess energy, I gather?

MW: Yes, because she's not only mother. She does have a child always with her and that child is a god. We have to remember that. She is a madonna, but also, certainly throughout the middle ages, people worshipped her in their sexuality, in childbirth. They prayed to her that they would have children in marriage--very much related to sexuality.

MB: So, one of the things that leads to transformation is this great acceptance of our humanity, and that's . . .

MW: Yes, that's right. You see she's also a Goddess of chaos. Chaos is darkness. In India, for example, they call her Kali. We all know the pictures of Kali with the skulls around her neck and dancing on a dead corpse and carrying the knife and the cupful of blood and the head she's carrying--she has four arms and she carries the head and the cup underneath it with the blood. This figure is beloved in India because she lives in the moment. They will spend weeks in an Indian village creating a mud statue of her. They work very very hard to make her as beautiful as possible. Then on her day they celebrate and they sing and they dance and they carry the statue through the streets and when the day is over they throw it in the water. It's gone in a minute. That's their acceptance of death and the realization that life and death are two sides of one coin. That is something we have yet to learn in our culture. In our culture death is taboo and we don't really believe that new life comes out of death. So, we're very liable, when we lose our job or our marriage or our partner in death, to think that our life is over and we tend to get caught in dead imagery. Whereas with the honouring of the Dark Goddess we can accept life and death, rebirth, as part of an ongoing pattern.

MB: When you say honouring or worshipping what do you really think we here in the West, in Canada, now in 1996, need to do to make that happen and why do we need to do it?

MW: Well, we're faced with the breakdown of our old civilization, I think, and the institutions are collapsing. The morals and ethics that I valued throughout most of my life are not valued now. Our own country is collapsing because we cannot see anything but the opposites. The feminine perspective, the Dark Goddess perspective, would hold the opposites as paradox, not as oppositions. Death and life are simply the paradoxical reality. It seems to me that if we cannot move to that place, if we stay with our either/or patriarchal vision, our country is going to break apart. At a planetary level what possible hope is there of ever bringing anything together? How can we live on this planet if we don't develop a both/and vision. The other thing that's so important with this Goddess is her honouring of matter and her love of the Earth, this humus, this humility, the Oneness of every living thing, that we the animals and plants are all part of her. So, in honoring her you can't take a buzz saw and go out and start sawing down every tree you feel like massacring. You can't bear to see the sap weeping down the side of it, because you're cutting down part of yourself. That may sound exaggerated, but we have lost the unitary vision on which this planet depends. We are a global village now and we have no idea how to deal with that.

MB: And to make it even more impossible to deal with these huge changes, much of the local has broken down. There are moves to amalgamate towns and school boards into greater and greater areas, to make society even more impersonal. There's such a huge tendency to go against what needs to happen instead of, for instance, honouring the local.

MW: And honouring the individual. There's a huge move on the part of corporations to simply fire a third of their employees. What are those people going to do? There aren't going to be jobs for them because machines are going to be able to do those jobs. So, we're going through an immense transformation. I think it's even bigger than the industrial revolution. We have no idea where we're going. All we know is what we're losing. Our leaders don't know where we're going, obviously. So we're dependent on our own imagery to guide us. The BlackGoddess isassociated withchaos, but peoplewho don't go intochaos never findtheir owncreativity.

MB: You see the Dark Goddess imagery emerging in dreams trying to tell us something that we need to have in our individuals lives. You're saying we need to move beyond both matriarchy and patriarchy.

MW: That's right. A matriarchy was never brought to consciousness in the world, and I don't think patriarchy was very conscious either, but certainly patriarchy has become a controlling, power-over principle, and that cannot work any longer on this little planet. It will only destroy both the tyrant and the victim.

MB: Many people, if they let this awareness in at all, know that everything is being destroyed and they are, I think, quite shattered and brought up short about what to do.

MW: That's right. I think they're falling back into addictive behaviour as a result. They find it very hard to face the reality of what's happening.

MB: Eat, drink and be merry.

MW: Well, or even just depression, drinking or drugs. I think many people are isolating themselves because they are so frightened and with a patriarchal vision, for good reason, because they are losing their homes and jobs and identities that made them who they thought they were. The feminine principle will look to the being of the person, not to the persona or the doing. It will honour the beingness. This, of course, is where so many people feel empty.

MB: Because they don't have a sense of their beingness?

MW: No, they don't. They will say to you that they can't go home at night because the apartment is empty. I say, "But you're there", but to them that means emptiness, nobody there. Now that is tragic, for a person to experience themselves as nobody. We've lost the feminine you see and now that our structures are collapsing where is the beingness and where are the values of the feminine that could take hold now and make it possible for people to live in a different way? That's what this book is about.

MB: And those values are the ones of honouring body, Earth, self?

MW: Body, Earth and also honouring paradox. That's extemely important. If you get into either I have a job or I don't, and you've lost it, then you've got nothing but despair. Either I do or don't have my wife, there again despair if you've lost her. But, if you can accept paradox you can say, "Well, yes maybe I have lost this but maybe there's something else in my destiny here and maybe I can find the light in the darkness. Maybe there's another job that would be creative and if I go into this chaos I'll find the creative seeds." You see, the Black Goddess is associated with chaos, but people who don't go into chaos never find their own creativity. They follow the train tracks. They follow the collective values. They may never find themselves, but if the train takes off and starts going through the bush, they'd better find something else or they're going to die.

MB: You're basically saying that in order for human beings to survive the only choice we're being offered--and I guess that's the paradox in the situation--is that we find ourselves so we will act in a way that is in accordance with the energy of what you call the Dark Goddess.

MW: Yes, I would say it's the laws of the universal feminine. Now, we're not talking about the universal masculine at this point, but they are in union. The two go together. We're focusing on the feminine because it has been so lost for 2000 years. But the masculine that has also been so damaged and so profoundly emotionally wounded by the patriarchy is now beginning to come forward. When those two energies start working together it is so exciting in an individual. It's going to happen culturally, I think, as well, ultimately. I think the people who will become the leaders in the new century will have a balance of those energies. Otherwise they won't be able to hold this country together, for example. We are so disparate now that we have to find our unity in our diversity. That takes masculine and feminine union to bring that about.

MB: The words masculine and feminine, like Goddess, are quite loaded, not necessarily understood.

MW: In the lecture, I will carefully define what I mean by those terms. It's a whole different way of thinking. The feminine is interested in process, in living right here in the now. The Kali is here right now, she's thrown in the water, she's gone. You have to live in the moment. People who have lived through an addiction or faced death through an illness (and I think many people are facing that now with the immune systems that are breaking down), have to live in the now, right here, because there is no future. It just makes life so exquisite when you have today and maybe not tomorrow. Then you begin to see what you do have. That's the present tense feminine. It's based on matter and matter does not live forever. It is subject to life, death and rebirth.

i haven't dreamt of a chocolate goddess. At least not so far and in that I am behind. In what ever terms one cares to mention.

I enjoyed your post Ulises. Although these days I often get antsy when someone somewhere comes up with the perfect opposite to all I've considered unjust for so long.

Hi, K...could you elaborate a bit more....?

Well...She appeared in my dreams (8 years ago)...and it has been a ecstatic and challenging journey of dissolution & transformation...that keeps going on...it looks like the dissolution/rebirth/reconnection with the earth is deepening now for more and more people...

"The Cauldron of Regeneration, so central to Irish and Celtic legends is nothing less than the regenerative power of the Land, of the Planet Earth herself. Nothing could be more important for us today than a sense that the Earth is sacred, and a source of spiritual power. Indeed, we must return to this: it is our greatest and most redemptive truth. The time for either materialist indifference or ethereal escapism is over and the time for realization is upon us. Kill the earth, and we kill ourselves.

So what about the Light ? In the pagan myths and legends, and in folk tales that persisted well into historical times, the UnderWorld which includes but is not limited to the Faery Realm, is a Place of Light. To reach this Light, we pass first through essential nourishing darkness, sacred to the Dark Goddess who is known by many names. As the Qabalistic writer Dion Fortune said : we can only come to the White Isis by way of the Black Isis.

This process of finding light within the Earth, after passing through darkness, is also one of inner regeneration for the individual. When the spiritual consciousness is told that divinity, that the Source, is “up there” and a long way away, we become closed to the nearest source of light, grace, healing, regeneration, which is just beneath our feet. This source of Earth light rises through the body, and energizes our inner meditations, our vitality, our own individual UnderWorld of consciousness, imagination, spirit. If only we pay attention to it..."

http://www.rjstewart.org/reviving.html

Edited by Ulises

"Did Jung give rebirth to a new God-image in his soul? No new myths present themselves in the Red Book. Its discussions of the Self, a unitary concept Jung took from Nietzsche and elaborated, restrict themselves to ancient imagery like Abraxas, Jung's Gnostic code word for the felt union of the Christian God with Satan, higher and lower, crown and serpent, into a deeper and more comprehensive if mysterious whole. The rebirth of the divine that plunged Jung into hell renewed God-images repressed into cultural and personal unconsciousness by millennia of monotheistic religion and centuries of scientism. With them had gone the verdant nature imagery that sprouted in Jung's imaginal garments and took root in Philemon's sermons.

What Jung did do was dream the sacred imagery onward, taking his own later advice by giving updated form to the fruits of direct experience. Furthermore, Jung pushed past literalistic interpretations of myth by grounding his encounters with the divine in internal experience. Literalism is the letter that kills the spirit, imagination the word that brings it back to life, revivifying the soul as consciously directed fantasy, at last unchained from dogma and doctrine, melts the crude vessels of religion down into storied spiritual experience.

It makes sense that the Red Book would finally be published in a time of warfare and global crisis. The narcissism it depicts was not that of Jung alone, but of psychiatry and psychology, of modernity, of a civilization cut off from its natural roots--its "animal" as he put it. Where Faust the alchemist sold his soul to the devil in exchange for carnal frenzy and mechanized might, our world-girdling civilization has altered the elements, the atmosphere, and life itself through the anti-alchemy of mutating toxins and genetic manipulation. The type of ego consciousness responsible for all this cannot tolerate anything wild, uncomfortable, or imperfect; it must clean, cleanse, fix, and solve instead of allowing what arises to open up and move from within.

Mired in its own attempts to work on, toward, around, and though, the Faustian ego remains walled off from inner and outer nature except in rare individuals who make their own heroic descent into the depths. For them, the Red Book tells the inside story of Jung's painful evolution as he sat with what pinched and bothered him long enough to let it share its soul. In the wound, he found, was the voice of the divine, ever calling into presence a more spacious and heartfelt relatedness to an animate world, one whose creatures, liquids, fires, and minerals speak on their own behalf to anyone with ears to hear..."

http://www.chalquist.com/redbook.html

"When the Goddess and the Devil return to the sunlit world of human consciousness and are again acknowledged with the proper cults and offerings, they will cease to be demons and the embodiments of evil, the role to which patriarchal religion an d imperial monotheism now allots them. only then can the burdensome schism within humankind's psyche be healed., the split between spirit and nature. For both spirit and nature, masculinity and femininity, are part of human nature and they are complementary. The presence of both is necessary in order to realize our full potential. The one-sided exaltation of the spirit and the denial of the flesh is ultimately self-defeating because we are denying something that is part of our own being-- the external material world is not some alien planet and the physical body is not some prison of the spirit. Both the world and the body are manifestations of an inner principle that transcends the dichotomy of spirit and nature. The external is a manifestation of the internal. Monotheistic religions assert that evil and materiality will be overcome by a radical alienation-- there will be a cataclysmic end of the world, a resurrection, and a final judgment. For those judged worthy, they will thereafter abide in a purely sexless spiritual existence, in a new world of light without shadows, without evil, without matter, and without the feminine. But this scenario is not possible because both light and shadow are created by the Nature of Mind. The light and the shadow require each other; otherwise there would be only stasis, an endless boredom and ennui for all eternity. in Buddhist terms, both Samsara, the world, and Nirvana, the celestial paradise, are ultimately of the same origin-- they both proceed out of the Nature of Mind. Not even the gods know this, for it is the Great Secret of Secrets...

Moreover, the serpent is the bearer of Wisdom and the Gnosis to humanity. Whereas the celestial God would have kept primitive humanity in ignorance within the gardens of paradise during the great summer time of the world before the ice ages descended, it was the serpent, called by the ancient Sumerians Enki, the lord of the earth, who gave humankind the Gnosis of self-knowledge, for only with self-knowledge could this walking hairless ape evolve into a god. An d the transmission of this Gnosis was only possible because of the alliance between the serpent and the woman. It is only the Gnosis that can liberate humanity from bondage and servitude, for the slave shall neither be liberated by faith nor by obedience to the tyrant in heaven.

However, these are the images of myth and myth does not actually represent a factual chronology of events in profane history. Rather myth is a sacred history of the gods and their deeds at the very beginning of time, those creative acts which brought the world as we know it into manifestation. but at a higher level, myth tells us in narrative form something essential about the human condition. Myth is a primordial and fundamental way human beings organize their experience of the world and understand themselves. Theology and philosophy only came later; but religion and self-understanding began with vision and myth.

Characteristically, as exemplified by the dragon combat myth, the patriarchal sky gods overthrow and suppress the older chthonic gods worshipped by the mothers. The great sea serpent Yam, otherwise known as Lohan or Leviathan in Canaanite mythology, was driven back and bound beneath the earth or else slain by the young celestial hero god Baal, in the same way as did the Babylonian Marduk with the dragon Tiamet, or as did Zeus with the dragon Typhon and Apollo did with the serpent Python, or as did Indra with the great serpent Vritra, and so on. Yet in the later Biblical religion, mighty Baal himself became demonized and retired beneath the earth to become a chthonic god of sex and death, banished from human consciousness by the triumphant desert god Yahweh. The prophets commanded that the Old Gods be expelled from the temple and their idols destroyed, being ground in to dust, so that non e might even know and remember their names. Yet the Old Gods have lived in the shadows for far too long, and now the stars have turned in their courses once more, and the priests in their temples shall have nightmares of their return."

http://vajranatha.com/excerpt/Wicca,Pagan,Tantra.htm

Edited by Ulises

Not sure I want to go back to a matriarchy any more than I want to stick with a patriarchy. There's a reason that one replaced the other to do with the evolution of consciousness. How about the rise of the non-dual, the person who can be male while holding to the female (and visa versa). True individuals who balance male and female within themselves and go beyond duality?

• Like 1

Not sure I want to go back to a matriarchy any more than I want to stick with a patriarchy. There's a reason that one replaced the other to do with the evolution of consciousness. How about the rise of the non-dual, the person who can be male while holding to the female (and visa versa). True individuals who balance male and female within themselves and go beyond duality?

I invite you to read the whole interview with Marion Woodman..that is what she (and R J Stewart, and the others, are saying...)

Marion Woodman: Yes, I would say it's the laws of the universal feminine. Now, we're not talking about the universal masculine at this point, but they are in union. The two go together. We're focusing on the feminine because it has been so lost for 2000 years. But the masculine that has also been so damaged and so profoundly emotionally wounded by the patriarchy is now beginning to come forward. When those two energies start working together it is so exciting in an individual. It's going to happen culturally, I think, as well, ultimately. I think the people who will become the leaders in the new century will have a balance of those energies. Otherwise they won't be able to hold this country together, for example. We are so disparate now that we have to find our unity in our diversity. That takes masculine and feminine union to bring that about.

Edited by Ulises

I invite you to read the whole interview with Marion Woodman..that is what she (and R J Stewart, and the others, are saying...)

Marion Woodman: Yes, I would say it's the laws of the universal feminine. Now, we're not talking about the universal masculine at this point, but they are in union. The two go together. We're focusing on the feminine because it has been so lost for 2000 years. But the masculine that has also been so damaged and so profoundly emotionally wounded by the patriarchy is now beginning to come forward. When those two energies start working together it is so exciting in an individual. It's going to happen culturally, I think, as well, ultimately. I think the people who will become the leaders in the new century will have a balance of those energies. Otherwise they won't be able to hold this country together, for example. We are so disparate now that we have to find our unity in our diversity. That takes masculine and feminine union to bring that about.

Ok I admit I didn't read it all .. it was a long post.

Ok I admit I didn't read it all .. it was a long post.

hahaha, no problem, friend... : )

"I often emphasize that if you look at the world religions, something is missing...that patriarchy is antagonistic to animal nature, to instinct...it will seem that our instinctual nature is the culprit of our weaknesses, and the distinction is not made,that one thing is the body and instinctual nature, the animal self, and a very different thing is the realm of the "passions". The passions are not instinct...the realm of the "destructive emotions" as the Dalai Lama calls them...envy, pride, anger, these are not instinctual, they are derivatives of blocked instinct...we are a self-domesticated species, and behind this there's a implicit antagonism to spontaneity, to the voice of desire, to the voice of pleasure...pleasure is made into an enemy of the spirit...I suspect that when patriarchy asserted itself, it imposed the "religion of heaven", the "religion of trascendence", making the "religion of earth": the religion of fertility, vitality, desire, spontaneity, the religion of nature, in other words, making it wrong...the earliest Greek religion was Dionysian, and Dionysos was the same God as Shiva in India...Dionysos became a marginal god..but there was a secret understanding between Dionysos and Apollo..two poles of the same understanding...Osiris and Horus in Egypt..."

Edited by Ulises

It's a bit like Apech said for me, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a matriarchy and especially not one borne of the ills of 'patriarchial' civilization. I have the impression we've already had glimpses of what that does. The other image that comes to mind is that if you want a situation to remain the same but effect the illusion of change, just switch the extremes over at the edges, dominant becomes dominated (or red/blue) and vice versa, the thing still spins in the same way for those that want/need it spinning that way.

I tend towards a preference for equality of genders and balance in energies. I suppose one could argue that the way itself includes the processes necessary to reach the point we've reached and of itself contains the solutions. But then I wonder about how that works in relative terms and how it got so screwed up to begin with. I can't bring myself to believe that as humans we have collectively brought these things upon ourselves.

• Like 1

Meet the new boss,

Same as the old boss?

Patriarchy is the "boss model", precisely...Claudio Naranjo, Marion Woodman and many others that are "seekers" for decades now...have "found" a couple of things: one of them is an (urgent) invitation to shed the skin of this more and more virulent, cognitive disease/unbalance called patriarchy (make no mistake; who's being attacked by Talibans, by regressive Politicians, by crazy rabbis in Jerusalem, by bullying Popes (as persecuted theologian Matthew Fox - one of the many persecuted by the actual Pope - has called Benedicto).....?: the women, and the Femenine, by extension...)

the healing of the Femenine is the healing of the Masculine...

"one Yin, one Yang, that's Tao"

Let's hope that that maniacal assault on women and the Femenine is going to be like Sri Aurobindo says (the last virulent knee jerk reflex of a dying imbalance):

"The end of a stage of evolution," announced Sri Aurobindo, "is usually marked by a powerful recrudescence of all that has to go out of the evolution."

Edited by Ulises

I think you are operating out of an incorrect stereotype view

that women are nurturing and men are not.

Some folks think that yin and yang are 'virtues'

that belong to other things that are labeled yin or yang.

It is misleading.

I like the fox avatar though.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

I think you are operating out of an incorrect stereotype view

that women are nurturing and men are not.

Some folks think that yin and yang are 'virtues'

that belong to other things that are labeled yin or yang.

It is misleading.

I like the fox avatar though.

Stosh

I never said or quoted such stereotyped view...please...masculine AND femenine are in all of us...the name of the game is complexity...I invite you to read the whole posts I quoted instead of throwing lazy replies...thanks

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 1

In fact...

"The resurgence of the Goddess in our midst—as the repository of the ultimate secret of not just female but also of male identity—could well result in the emergence of a new understanding and experience of gender that will be tainted neither by the religio-cultural biases of tradition nor by the sweeping and often exaggerated claims of a feminist activism dictated solely by the socio-political needs of the moment. As her public guardian, Bhairava may well have served as the instrument of the Goddess’ domestication and subordination; but as her partner in transgression, he still offers us the secret of their mutual liberation."

Elizabeth Chalier-Visuvalingam,"Bhairava and the Goddess: Tradition, Gender and Transgression"

www.svabhinava.org/goddess/index.php

Edited by Ulises

I still laugh remembering the jaw-dropping moment for us men in the workshop by Alain Baudet (a French teacher who learnt Qi arts with authentic Taoists from Taiwan and Hong-Kong), when he announced - wicked smile on his face - :"Ok, boys, now we are going to build ourselves an energetic uterus, in image of women's..."

Another take, from another angle, so to speak...

"...It’s only the male teachings, the patriarchal teachings that have arisen out of various cultures, that have had success in denying the reality of the Kundalini-shakti, so as to promote their own male agendas in the world. That's what you've seen happen to all Mother based teachings. You've seen a desperate and dire attempt on the part of men to eradicate woman, the symbol and the actuality of the energy of woman, as being the origin of creation.

Even though I live in a male form, I'm thoroughly saturated with that feminine consciousness. It does not discriminate. Woman doesn't mean a woman’s body. Woman means breathing fully into that energetic source, that matrix that is activating and thrilling everything, everywhere, in nature, in space.

The male spiritual population is not happy with the Prana-shakti for the simple reason that it cannot be controlled. It cannot be told to sit and stay still within the confinement of a human skull. It’s brilliant, sparking, spontaneously transmitting, spontaneously initiating, spontaneously awakening all beings, in all ways. In fact it’s the feast or universal communion of all beings among and within themselves. It’s the process of eating, digestion.

In this teaching we regard the Mother Shakti with tremendous love and respect. We adore the Source Current, the Universal Consciousness in the form of energy. We worship that with our whole being by having it enter us and possess us, consume us with it’s bliss, it's love and ultimately, it’s own non-dual source.

Shakti can climb within your nervous system and attain the highest state. It is not subordinate to Shiva. In fact, if you read the Puranas, you will see that Shiva is always in search of Shakti, maddeningly so, to the point of disturbance and disintegration. His loneliness is so great that he is compelled to move out of his stillness and find the source of energy in the universe and marry it. Marry it with his whole being because that's himself, that's his own self. He's not complete without that. Just as no human being is complete without both the masculine and feminine sides of being, awakened. There is no such thing as a man, merely. There is no such thing as solely, a woman. There is only man-woman, woman-man, androgynously created so as to enjoy the taste of everything..."

-David Spero

http://www.davidspero.org/videos/kundalinishakti0

Edited by Ulises

one more... ; )

'...As reported in "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", the dead now visit Jung, demanding his attention and his blood. They were restless, they said, because they were seekers who had not found what they had sought. To teach them, Philemon appears and preaches seven sermons to them on what they had not learned while alive: the nature of individuation, the superiority of experience over belief, the presence of Abraxas, a god-image that unites all conceivable opposites, and the folly of substituting divine multiplicity with a single overarching God: "In doing so you produce the torment of incomprehension, and mutilate the creation whose nature and aim is differentiation. How can you be true to your own nature when you try to turn the many into the one?"

The soul and the crowned son had both emphasized connection to the earth. To Jung Philemon explains what we would now interpret as the ecological dimension of human failure:

These dead have given names to all beings, the beings in the air, on the earth and in the water. They have weighted and counted things...What did they do with the admirable tree? What happened to the sacred frog? Did they see his golden eye? ...Did they do penance for the sacred ore that they dug up from the belly of the earth? No, they named, weighed, numbered, and apportioned all things. They did whatever pleased them...Yet the time has come when things speak."

Things of the earth that bear witness to human mistreatment of the earth, as the new field of terrapsychology records. Furthermore, had men atoned for the ox and the trees and the frogs, (Philemon went on), they would not have lifted their hand against each other. Social, psychological, and ecological destruction emerge together; for as we now know almost a hundred years after Philemon's words to Jung, alienation from self and alienation from nature represent two sides of one dire pathology.

In a later visit, the old Wise One prophecies a return to sense and sanity:

The earth became green and fruitful again from the blood of the sacrifice, flowers sprouted, the waves crash into the sand, a silver cloud lies at the foot of the mountain...The stones speak and the grass whispers.

With that he kisses the earth and disappears.

Later, Jung's soul--or was it actually Sophia now, more goddess than psychic function?--returns from realms above to explain the cosmology of the Seven Sermons, the nature of Abraxas, and Jung's connection with that god through her. Through love, Jung comes to understand through this gnostic education, he can put on his true "stellar nature" ("the body of stars" in Gnostic terminology)...

...No new myths present themselves in the Red Book. Its discussions of the Self, a unitary concept Jung took from Nietzsche and elaborated, restrict themselves to ancient imagery like Abraxas, Jung's Gnostic code word for the felt union of the Christian God with Satan, higher and lower, crown and serpent, into a deeper and more comprehensive if mysterious whole. The rebirth of the divine that plunged Jung into hell renewed God-images repressed into cultural and personal unconsciousness by millennia of monotheistic religion and centuries of scientism. With them had gone the verdant nature imagery that sprouted in Jung's imaginal garments and took root in Philemon's sermons.

What Jung did do was dream the sacred imagery onward, taking his own later advice by giving updated form to the fruits of direct experience. Furthermore, Jung pushed past literalistic interpretations of myth by grounding his encounters with the divine in internal experience. Literalism is the letter that kills the spirit, imagination the word that brings it back to life, revivifying the soul as consciously directed fantasy, at last unchained from dogma and doctrine, melts the crude vessels of religion down into storied spiritual experience.

It makes sense that the Red Book would finally be published in a time of warfare and global crisis. The narcissism it depicts was not that of Jung alone, but of psychiatry and psychology, of modernity, of a civilization cut off from its natural roots--its "animal" as he put it. Where Faust the alchemist sold his soul to the devil in exchange for carnal frenzy and mechanized might, our world-girdling civilization has altered the elements, the atmosphere, and life itself through the anti-alchemy of mutating toxins and genetic manipulation. The type of ego consciousness responsible for all this cannot tolerate anything wild, uncomfortable, or imperfect; it must clean, cleanse, fix, and solve instead of allowing what arises to open up and move from within.

Mired in its own attempts to work on, toward, around, and though, the Faustian ego remains walled off from inner and outer nature except in rare individuals who make their own heroic descent into the depths. For them, the Red Book tells the inside story of Jung's painful evolution as he sat with what pinched and bothered him long enough to let it share its soul. In the wound, he found, was the voice of the divine, ever calling into presence a more spacious and heartfelt relatedness to an animate world, one whose creatures, liquids, fires, and minerals speak on their own behalf to anyone with ears to hear.'

Craig Chalquist, PhD

http://www.chalquist.com/redbook.html

Edited by Ulises

I never said or quoted such stereotyped view...please...masculine AND femenine are in all of us...the name of the game is complexity...I invite you to read the whole posts I quoted instead of throwing lazy replies...thanks

I did ,

'The maniacal assualt on women and the feminine'

You did say that right?

"You've seen a desperate and dire attempt on the part of men to eradicate woman, the symbol and the actuality of the energy of woman, as being the origin of creation."

and that.

The reality is that you didnt read my short post not that I didnt read your long post.

The stereotypes about what is male and female are inherent

in your views of yin and yang.(and they are false)

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

I did ,

'The maniacal assualt on women and the feminine'

You did say that right?

"You've seen a desperate and dire attempt on the part of men to eradicate woman, the symbol and the actuality of the energy of woman, as being the origin of creation."

and that.

The reality is that you didnt read my short post not that I didnt read your long post.

The stereotypes about what is male and female are inherent

in your views of yin and yang.(and they are false)

Stosh

(typo, sorry: "Assault", attack on women)

it's very difficult to define the iridescent archetypal range of qualities of a universal polarity, I'm very conscious of that, precisely I've tried to include different opinions of people who had worked experientially with the archetypal polarities for decades(and not just theorizing, like Claudio Naranjo and Marion Woodman...

"You've seen a desperate and dire attempt on the part of men to eradicate woman, the symbol and the actuality of the energy of woman, as being the origin of creation.":

well, you just have to read the news: genital female mutilation of thousands of women, increasing suppression of reproductive rights, increasing gender homicide of women...and so forth and so on...are we living in the same planet you and me...?

you can study the same pattern of supression of the Femenine,...and there is increasing evidence of that:

http://www.noetic.org/library/book-reviews/woman-shamans-body/

- which is relationship ("By the book’s final pages, Tedlock has stayed the course of reclaiming the feminine in religion and medicine, comparing the interpersonal orientation of shamanic training in the feminine tradition with the heroic orientation of training in the masculine tradition. She makes it clear that only a shamanism that recognizes the all-pervasive and interconnective life force can facilitate the bridging of feminine and masculine.")- in most of the spiritual traditions (even the ones revering the Femenine, like Tantra and Taoism) in favor of hierarchy and domination (the masculine gone bad)...today that pattern is entering into a frenzy (hopefully rockbottoming and dissapearing)

ok, I invite you to share your definition of what is the Femenine (an endless enterprise, fortunately...)

Edited by Ulises

Im just of an opinion that grouping things as yin or yang,is a false grouping.

Saying a man is part feminine is the idea I think confused.

Some men are aggressive, that doesnt make them more manlike.

Some women are aggressive, it doesnt make them more manlike either.

Men collectively , in the entire spectrum they span define what manlikeness is,

which includes gay , transgender, kind ,passive , nurturing men.

Leaders tend to be aggressive types, even if the leadership is matriarchal.

Yes, women as a whole (in the situation they hold now) tend to be less violent,

but again non-violent men are not womanly.

By telling folks that 'manliness is violent' then you perpetuate the

aggressive behavior of men who do not want to be labelled feminine.

Let women express thier true natures and you free them from subservience

(where that pervades ,, it aint here in the US!)

Drop the stereotypes and promote better behaviors.

Drop the lumping of yin things and yang things

and you get a clearer idea of what actually IS true.

If you did that ,, I am not sure what your conceptry would look like,

I might even agree with it.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1