Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Paradigms and Pitfalls along the Path

Pitfalls-Guru shopping. Is it? Are we one guru, one book, one concept from knowing the truth? Seeing behind the curtain?

Quiet mind. Nice, essential. But its what makes the few existing thoughts hammer with enough intensity to drive us to paranoia & insanity.

The world is ... Is this the ultimate pitfall/paradox; The world is...

Michael

I'm glad to see someone who gives p's a chance! Another paradox is that this thread seems both a bit scattered and intense! I hope your not over-loading yourself with paradoxes and problems that produce perplexing ponderings but don't protect you from persistant pain!!! Please take a moment ... put this stuff to rest for a while, and breath deeply - you know the drill!

Whatever the world is - it can wait! Seeking can wait and waiting can wait for whatever will be will be...

Namaste-Pat

PS there is a woman in Colorado who is catching a world of grief for putting a peace sign in her Christmas wreath!!! Now the pro-war faction out there wants to take the peace out from Christmas!!! What would Jesus do? I say giving peace a chance is part of Christmas too. That is a weird parodox to come upon for Christmas...

Hey Wayfarer,

Just darker late night musings. Unless I'm wise enough to meditate and clear my head, my Sunday nights get clogged with thoughts great and otherwise.

:)

Michael

Hi Lerner,

If head-clogging is limited to your Suday nights count yr blessings! My musings seem to be 24/7 these days, on mundane and esoteric topics I have had much trouble quieting my mind of late...The day to day problems mount up, then my inner resources quiet the angst, I dwell on the sublime and miss by bus!

Mind in the cosmos and feet on the ground is a tuff balancing act...

But today is very special for me! I get to hang with my Rock'n'Rolling friends of yore! It may be better than deep meditation to clear my head and "the decks" for a new, (and better)- way to be me! Now that the aging process has made us wiser - (I wish)- it is safe for me to go back into those waters again...Being a musician in the 70's was a dangerous path-it killed many too many...Excess was the norm then...

Stay well- Namaste-Pat

Sign in to follow this