Sign in to follow this  
snbeings

Anyone here have any experience with the Heart or heart cave?

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with opening the heart.

For me, I have seen that thought has its source and starts in the heart. I have woken up many ties in complete unknowingness, and then witnessed from awareness, the mind start to unravel from the heart area and takes its place in the head.

Both Sufi and Eastern Orthodox Monks tirelessly work on the Opening/activating the heart first, and upon doing so, eventually the center of awareness(third eye) and the Navel center eventually open as well.

Interested to see if anyone has worked with this center.

Thanks,

snbeings

• Like 1

I too am interested in the 'spiritual' heart.

Ramana Maharshi says that before waking we rest in our heart until the "I" thought shoots up to the head via the amrita nadi within a split second upon waking. This spiritual heart also known as the hridaya is on the right side of the chest.

Devotee: "Should I meditate on the right chest in order to meditate on the Heart?"

Bhagavan: "The Heart is not physical. Meditation should not be on the right or the left. It should be on the Self. Everyone knows "I am". It is neight within nor without, neither on the right nor the left: "I am" - that is all".

See: http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/KneeofListening/study_amrita_nadi.html

I think the sufi's call it akhfa.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lataif-e-sitta

I was able to experience a fire in the right heart which lasted a few days within minutes of skyping with this guy: ramaji.org

So I know it is definitely there.

I would like to find a practicing sufi in my area (Melbourne) who I can learn from.

• Like 1

For me, I have seen that thought has its source and starts in the heart. I have woken up many ties in complete unknowingness, and then witnessed from awareness, the mind start to unravel from the heart area and takes its place in the head.

Both Sufi and Eastern Orthodox Monks tirelessly work on the Opening/activating the heart first, and upon doing so, eventually the center of awareness(third eye) and the Navel center eventually open as well.

Thanks,

snbeings

In many traditions such as a lot of the Indian ones you connect to divinity by going up out of the top of your head, but in the tradition I am involved with you go inwards behind the heart, I was told either way will connect you to the divine, so certainly going the heart route is valid. But I would say it isn't as much about opening the heart (although that might be part of it), rather its about going behind it or beyond it, apparently there is a veil in that area which keeps the perception of a separate individual "I" intact and once that veil is pierced or seen through the illusion of separation no longer survives. A lot of the work I do involves going in to the heart, but don't stop there, some traditions say there is a portal behind the heart.

• Like 1

Yes the spiritual heart is the gateway! When resting in I AM, the lifeforce travels to brain then descends to the right side of the heart. Once i sank into it, and it was pure love, not-knowing state. One feels that he has been in that pure love state before when an infant!

• Like 3

Thanks,

snbeings

Try study of the Chandogya Upanishad, for instance:

8th PRAPÂTHAKA 1st KHANDA:

"1. Harih, Om. There is this city of Brahman (the body), and in it the palace, the small lotus (of

the heart), and in it that small ether. Now what exists within that small ether, that is to be sought for, that is to be understood.

2. And if they should say to him: 'Now with regard to that city of Brahman, and the palace in it, i. e. the small lotus of the heart, and the small ether within the heart, what is there within it that deserves to be sought for, or that is to be understood?'

3. Then he should say: 'As large as this ether (all space) is, so large is that ether within the heart. Both heaven and earth are contained within it, both fire and air, both sun and moon, both lightning and stars; and whatever there is of him (the Self) here in the world, and whatever is not (i. e. whatever has been or will be), all that is contained within it.'

4. And if they should say to him: 'If everything that exists is contained in that city of Brahman, all beings and all desires (whatever can be imagined or desired), then what is left of it, when old age reaches it and scatters it, or when it falls to pieces?'

5. Then he should say: 'By the old age of the body, that (the ether, or Brahman within it) does not age; by the death of the body, that (the ether, or Brahman within it) is not killed. That (the Brahman)

is the true Brahma-city (not the body 1). In it all desires are contained. It is the Self, free from sin, free from old age, from death and grief, from hunger and thirst, which desires nothing but what it ought to desire, and imagines nothing but what it ought to imagine. Now as here on earth people follow as they are commanded, and depend on the object which they are attached to, be it a country or a piece of land,

6. 'And as here on earth, whatever has been acquired by exertion, perishes, so perishes whatever is acquired for the next world by sacrifices and other good actions performed on earth. Those who depart from hence without having discovered the Self and those true desires, for them there is no freedom in all the worlds. But those who depart from hence, after having discovered the Self and those true desires, for them there is freedom in all the worlds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 3

Try study of the Chandogya Upanishad, for instance:

8th PRAPÂTHAKA 1st KHANDA:

Nice to see what was very likely the root of the school I'm learning from.

• Like 2

The "inner heart" is also often known as the 8th chakra and above the crown (there is a direct connection). At an energetic level, opening the inner heart is the integration of the seven chakras into more of an unified field that is based in the heart. Rather than chakras, it feels like every cell is vibrating in harmony.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

Here be the summation.

Which desires nothing but what it ought to desire, and imagines nothing but what it ought to imagine.

Truly.

Brevity be Soul of Wit.

some of da bozoz iz geddin' id now

int day?

:(

XXX

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Thanks,

snbeings

I have found that balance of all the energy centers is better than activating only one, hence the SECAB&DE in our system. Yes, everything comes back to true heart, but without balancing all other aspects it makes it difficult to always act from true heart.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this