Sign in to follow this  
snbeings

What's the best & fastest method to all this Tao business?

New guy here. Been reading the forums for years but always too busy to join and start contributing to the threads.

So my question is, what is your guys' takes on what the best & fastest method to Enlightenment, Buddhahood, sumpreme realization, etc etc.

I've done some research on Kunlun & Spring Forest though havent tried them myself. I have practiced off and on for years the Falun Gong exercises and have tons of experiences from studying Advaita Nonduality teachings.

So far the best teachings I have found to have high caliber stuff is Bill Bodri's meditationexpert site, A.H. Almaas, Anadi, and the damoqigong website has lots of high end stuff as well.

Anyway so what's your take? I ask because I have a friend who has all types of health problems, leukemia, and immune system issues, and has always been sick for years and he recently asked me this question (as someone who has limited time here)

While personally, I would like to add that for myself, I long to be United with the Absolute. To be "home" or go "home" if that makes sense. I've been told by some that I need to completely open the Heart, others say the navel, while still others say the center of awareness has to be activated first.

Anyway, lets see what you guys have to say

Edited by snbeings

It all depends completely and entirely on you. One man's 'quick path' is another's 16 year apprenticeship.

• Like 1

what are some systems you guys have had success with?

What do you feel is the best out right now. I'm debating spring forest & kunlun at this point

Depends on how you see your path as

Things like, do I really need it? how long does it take? Where am I?

Answer that in your meditation, don't know if it's better to be closer or farther away tho

New guy here. Been reading the forums for years but always too busy to join and start contributing to the threads.

So my question is, what is your guys' takes on what the best & fastest method to Enlightenment, Buddhahood, sumpreme realization, etc etc.

I've done some research on Kunlun & Spring Forest though havent tried them myself. I have practiced off and on for years the Falun Gong exercises and have tons of experiences from studying Advaita Nonduality teachings.

So far the best teachings I have found to have high caliber stuff is Bill Bodri's meditationexpert site, A.H. Almaas, Anadi, and the damoqigong website has lots of high end stuff as well.

Anyway so what's your take? I ask because I have a friend who has all types of health problems, leukemia, and immune system issues, and has always been sick for years and he recently asked me this question (as someone who has limited time here)

While personally, I would like to add that for myself, I long to be United with the Absolute. To be "home" or go "home" if that makes sense. I've been told by some that I need to completely open the Heart, others say the navel, while still others say the center of awareness has to be activated first.

Anyway, lets see what you guys have to say

IMO, no one on this forum has this information because everyone is still figuring things out, as in I don't think anyone on this forum believes they are enlightened. People practice because they believe its the best way for them or the occasion has introduced them to that system. For instance, I practice Kunlun, but I can't tell you this is the quickest way. It's like asking a hiker whose never been to the peak or know truly the way there what the fastest way up is.

If your friend is struggling from health problems maybe you can look into practices that focus on bodily health rather than knowledge. But that's a bit obvious. To know which body system best works your friend should just try qi gong, yoga, ayurveda, TCM, and so on. Lol, but this is also a bit obvious...haha I say obvious things!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

IMO, no one on this forum has this information because everyone is still figuring things out, as in I don't think anyone on this forum believes they are enlightened.

Problem is exactly this: people think there's so so (sooo) much to figure out. Actually, what 'things' are there to be figured out? In the process of dismantling and re-assembling one's head-mind so much precious time is lost. Just drop it, drop everything, a little each time, especially those ideas that lead one to believe that one is making progressive inroads and getting somewhere finally, a destination perhaps worthy of note, but its all nonsense. Go visit the terminally ill, speak with them, look into their eyes, hold hands with them, listen to how they breathe, and see what life is all about. Puts a lot of things into perspective. Then, if we are wise enough, we might learn a little about priorities, as well as how to sensitize oneself to face one's deepest fears, and then keep going at it, again and again and again, until death is finally understood. This is the only key to freedom -- not those ideas and concepts that need figuring out.

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

You must truly know thyself, and with that you will know what you are and why you are here on earth.

Problem is exactly this: people think there's so so (sooo) much to figure out. Actually, what 'things' are there to be figured out? In the process of dismantling and re-assembling one's head-mind so much precious time is lost. Just drop it, drop everything, a little each time, especially those ideas that lead one to believe that one is making progressive inroads and getting somewhere finally, a destination perhaps worthy of note, but its all nonsense. Go visit the terminally ill, speak with them, look into their eyes, hold hands with them, listen to how they breathe, and see what life is all about. Puts a lot of things into perspective. Then, if we are wise enough, we might learn a little about priorities, as well as how to sensitize oneself to face one's deepest fears, and then keep going at it, again and again and again, until death is finally understood. This is the only key to freedom -- not those ideas and concepts that need figuring out.

What do you precisely know about death?

There is no "shortcut" to true enlightenment. Enlightenment is a very misunderstood concept these days. In my opinion, it's impossible to achieve it in this society. People believe books/courses can make them enlighten, really they're wrong. True ways to gain enlightenment does not involve money, at all. You have to give everything up, you have to be serious, and realize the role you're playing in society is a lie. You need to kill the ego, and let go all of your attachments/desires, even the people around you. This is the true preparation towards enlightenment. Then meditate.

A lot of people wouldn't be able to accept this.

There is no "shortcut" to true enlightenment. Enlightenment is a very misunderstood concept these days. In my opinion, it's impossible to achieve it in this society. People believe books/courses can make them enlighten, really they're wrong. True ways to gain enlightenment does not involve money, at all. You have to give everything up, you have to be serious, and realize the role you're playing in society is a lie. You need to kill the ego, and let go all of your attachments/desires, even the people around you. This is the true preparation towards enlightenment. Then meditate.

A lot of people wouldn't be able to accept this.

How do you know that doing these things will make you enlightened? That they are a necessary precondition for enlightenment? If we believe in old tales, many people who led ordinary lives have become very spiritual. Actually I'd say that only after the enlightening experience they led hermetic lives.

IMO, these conditions are just by products when someone really wants to become enlightened. He really wants it so he quits his job, leaves his family, lives in a hut so he can devote all his energies to it. But that's not what gets him enlightenment, it's just what happens when someone says, "hey I really want to be enlightened" a chooses a way to go about it. If you want to really do well on the LSAT test you can do the same thing. But you can also be in society and say, "hey I really want to be enlightened." But this man takes a slightly different way to exercise his efforts. One way is neither better than the other. It's just a matter of sincerity and dedication, not living in huts.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

How do you know that doing these things will make you enlightened? That they are a necessary precondition for enlightenment? If we believe in old tales, many people who led ordinary lives have become very spiritual. Actually I'd say that only after the enlightening experience they led hermetic lives.

IMO, these conditions are just by products when someone really wants to become enlightened. He really wants it so he quits his job, leaves his family, lives in a hut so he can devote all his energies to it. But that's not what gets him enlightenment, it's just what happens when someone says, "hey I really want to be enlightened" a chooses a way to go about it. If you want to really do well on the LSAT test you can do the same thing. But you can also be in society and say, "hey I really want to be enlightened." But this man takes a slightly different way to exercise his efforts. One way is neither better than the other. It's just a matter of sincerity and dedication, not living in huts.

Of course, they are just preparations, as I stated. This society we live in is nothing but a delusion, if you think outside the box you'll realize it. You need to be isolated, away from everything so there is just you, nothing else.

what are some systems you guys have had success with?

Baguazhang if you have access to a genuine teacher, I mean someone trained following a traditional lineage and who has "it." Still you need to practice a lot and be ready to not to resist it's "force." A Man of knowledge does have not fear of the unknown. In the end it's the practitioner rather than the art, still Bagua is a very deep art, it shakes everything off, like a washing machine.

Many people have success with Flying Phoenix for health.

Myself I do Yuen Method and Stillness-Movement. It seems like a good combination.

Health, intuition, compassion has increased including remembering past lives etc.

From what I can tell by reading sutras, the point is about seeing through the illusion of ego, seeing through the illusion that the ego saw through itself, and accepting this state of non-being which is one with The All. So long as we do not accept the reality of it we will have issues with it, but when we have given up the need to be we enter Unity.

Then when we say "whoah I've entered Unity" we no longer are in Unity. The ego cannot enter Unity like a camel can't pass through the head of a needle.

Why become Enlightened? Why want to become Enlightened? That which wants to become Enlightened can't become Enlightened anyways.. so....

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

That when it happens is extremely ambiguous. And also, those who focus too tight on getting healthy and staying healthy are the ones who get hit hardest when they realize time's up. Just recently, my sis-in-law was admitted to hospital for some condition undiagnosable by her GP. She is 27. Then, 2 days ago, a good friend, perfectly healthy 22-yr old law student, suddenly had an epileptic seizure. Talk about perspective.

What do you precisely know about life?

Do you practice it?

That when it happens is extremely ambiguous. And also, those who focus too tight on getting healthy and staying healthy are the ones who get hit hardest when they realize time's up. Just recently, my sis-in-law was admitted to hospital for some condition undiagnosable by her GP. She is 27. Then, 2 days ago, a good friend, perfectly healthy 22-yr old law student, suddenly had an epileptic seizure. Talk about perspective.

What do you precisely know about life?

Do you practice it?

In the post beforehand, you said people should drop trying to figure things out. That all this progressive ways are nonsense. Then you said to visit the ill and hold hands with them to understand death so you learn about priorities. And then somehow you become free.

And now what you wrote here is not about death, but the conditions that lead to death. And that death is in fact ambiguous. And about people who experience death. I don't see any understanding here or freedom. It appears you know nothing about death (and not that I know anything either) itself to say the right way is to drop everything and stop figuring things out.

Life? Death? According to you, what should we even know about it, since figuring things out is nonsense and only the dropping of everything is praiseworthy. It seems like you are glorifying ignorance.

How many buddhist texts and writings have you read? How long have we been practicing? Yet when it comes to direct knowledge, we both know nothing. We rely on beliefs and scriptures and conjectures. To say drop everything, IMO, isn't much of a way to knowledge at all.

We must be honest. Brutally honest as to what is belief and what is knowledge. I'm clearing my plate. There is way too much dust everywhere I've accumulated from years and years of others' words for me to see anything clearly.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

There's one sure fire method of enlightenment from the guys who did the 9 minute abs video series. Works every time, but its kind of expensive.

Kidding, kidding.. the answers people have given are good. Find something that resonates with you. Its okay to spend a year or so 'shopping' around, but to make real progress you'll have to marry a technique; be committed to it. I'd drop the Western concept of best and fastest, that'll get you the McDonalds of systems.

Around these parts there is KAP, an online skyped class through Santiago, an meditative energy based system based on Glenn Morris's work. Ya Mu has excellent seminars on a medical chi gung system. There is the unique and simple system from Max Christensen of Kunlun that's fascinating. I think Michael Winn's courses from the Healing Tao USA are very good.

Good, great, bad and ugly are very much in the eye of the beholder when it comes to judging these systems.

When you're beginning a live teacher who can give you feedback is best. So close and affordable is very good. A wise down to earth teacher, can give you the basics and foundation so that you waste time chasing after charlatans, and when you do find an amazing teacher, you're worthy to study under them, and not a noobie.

Edited by thelerner

wonders if i am the only one who wants the slowest greatly extended/protracted/ longest method to all this tao bizness.

coz, i am enjoying the revelry gratefully as i frolic along in wonder each step along the way of the path to want to get into a rush or hurry.

if i took the quickest fastest route i might miss the many sublime ineffable delights along the way.

• Like 2

wonders if i am the only one who wants the slowest greatly extended/protracted/ longest method to all this tao bizness.

coz, i am enjoying the revelry gratefully as i frolic along in wonder each step along the way of the path to want to get into a rush or hurry.

if i took the quickest fastest route i might miss the many sublime ineffable delights along the way.

^_^

• Like 1

In the post beforehand, you said people should drop trying to figure things out. That all this progressive ways are nonsense. Then you said to visit the ill and hold hands with them to understand death so you learn about priorities. And then somehow you become free.

And now what you wrote here is not about death, but the conditions that lead to death. And that death is in fact ambiguous. And about people who experience death. I don't see any understanding here or freedom. It appears you know nothing about death (and not that I know anything either) itself to say the right way is to drop everything and stop figuring things out.

Life? Death? According to you, what should we even know about it, since figuring things out is nonsense and only the dropping of everything is praiseworthy. It seems like you are glorifying ignorance.

How many buddhist texts and writings have you read? How long have we been practicing? Yet when it comes to direct knowledge, we both know nothing. We rely on beliefs and scriptures and conjectures. To say drop everything, IMO, isn't much of a way to knowledge at all.

We must be honest. Brutally honest as to what is belief and what is knowledge. I'm clearing my plate. There is way too much dust everywhere I've accumulated from years and years of others' words for me to see anything clearly.

I agree that we need to strive to be completely honest, but not with regards to separating beliefs and knowledge. What is knowledge but that which has been gathered in the past? Of such, should it be deemed useful, would only serve as a navigational map to enable one to clear a path back to the past.

How does what you know help you to unravel the future?

Honesty is best applied towards what is real, and what is real is seeing that all things are transient, and accepting it without argument. How easy it is to argue with knowledge... the more knowledgeable, the better the argument. The better the argument, the more one learns to compensate and prolong the awakening to this truth that all things change. Such arguments will never end for as long as one remains ever-seeking for greater and mightier knowledge. Embittered from not being able to ascend to the summit despite knowing so many different mountains, one desires to tear down everything in one's way, so as to clean one's plate, as you put it. Actually, the easier, more emancipating way is to simply shatter the plate into smithereens and see what happens then. Whats the worse thing that will happen?

Disband every single idea that pops up about concepts of mountains and of summits, and see what remains. Each time a desire to understand lofty, peak experiences arise, look and see who is it that seeks to want to understand -- what is the source of such desires, and where does it lead when mind wants gratification of knowing? And, what happens when one resist the will to know? Find out.

The challenging/growth part of spiritual cultivation, according to my experience, is to learn to keep quiet, observe the movements of change, and allow for such movements, without wanting to interfere in the minutest.

Sign in to follow this