Pythagoras

traditional garb

are there any good online sources for traditional chinese/tibetan clothing?

i'm particularly interested in a traditional taoist hat ive heard is said to keep chi in the body...

anyone know what kind of hat that is?

thank you

I'm not sure if there are more specific traditions, but the basic idea is a skullcap that keeps the head from losing heat. I used to crochet dozens of them without a pattern - just trial and error, mostly error, but crocheting itself is a nice experience if you can get past the part where it drives you crazy :)

Also a ming men warmer is great, just tie something around your lower back to keep it warm.

-Karen

I wear chinese clothing.. long robes, and such. They cannot be bought in China easily because almost noone wears them. The DAoists have a particular manner of robes and such, and most of their clothing is hand made.

I bought my clothes in NY city several yrs ago, and had a handful made while I am living in China. Iwas planning on opening an online store for handmade chinese clothing. And since I know the price range , things would be amazingly cheap. haha

Maybe I should start on that project on some point next year.

Peace,

Edited by 林愛偉

Oh! You aren't by any chance talking about those hats worn by the Silly Hat Sect in their home, the Golden Alligator Lamasery founded by Dimdap Kram'ba?

I mean of course the ones in Daniel Pinkwater's classic children's book "The Last Guru."

Yes, I would very much like one of those hats. I highly recommend this book by the way (even though it's not his best work). But I must add a warning: those not capable of grasping its wisdom will spend the night groaning and end up with a stomach ache. :)