Sign in to follow this  
JoeyMarkis

The topic of belief.

I think some belief can be helpful to people in a pragmatic respect. While others divide us from one another. How can we begin to know what is an good belief and a bad one or if it is not good or bad?

One belief I have that I think is a good one is that we all share the same nature like Buddha underneath it all. (sameness)

One belief I think is bad is thinking that you are better then someone else. (separateness)

Are there any beliefs you would like to share and if you think they are good or bad or somewhere in between?

Do you think there is belief that is not good or bad?

Please share!

I think some belief can be helpful to people in a pragmatic respect. While others divide us from one another. How can we begin to know what is an good belief and a bad one or if it is not good or bad?

One belief I have that I think is a good one is that we all share the same nature like Buddha underneath it all. (sameness)

One belief I think is bad is thinking that you are better then someone else. (separateness)

Are there any beliefs you would like to share and if you think they are good or bad or somewhere in between?

Please share!

A believe is good when you feel good in the having of it.

It is bad when you feel bad in the having of it.

Please share!

Strong enough beliefs are self-fulfilling prophecies; therein lies the downfall. Nice IP address. The only good belief is the great One "belief" paradox that is neither good nor bad.. hint: there are no universal beliefs (except for the belief that there are no universal beliefs)...

a belief isn't always true... but is the truth always a 'belief'?

• Like 1

I have a belief: All stove-tops are hot.

Therefore I will check before putting my hand on one.

Praise be to the hotness of all stove-tops! :P

Strong enough beliefs are self-fulfilling prophecies; therein lies the downfall. Nice IP address. The only good belief is the great One "belief" paradox that is neither good nor bad.. hint: there are no universal beliefs (except for the belief that there are no universal beliefs)...

a belief isn't always true... but is the truth always a 'belief'?

I believe the truth is never a belief but I also believe that one will never truly know the truth (though many will believe they do...)

I believe the truth is never a belief but I also believe that one will never truly know the truth (though many will believe they do...)

Indeed, the truth knows. The truth is never done knowing itself.

Sign in to follow this