Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

Organ Spasms (pretty urgent)

For a little while now i have been doing a bit of qigong i picked up from a book. i have done yoga for about a year and i found that raising energy made me feel too crazy and start hallucinating. Then i found qigong and i liked how the downward flow stopped my hallucinations. Problem is, now that my focus is more on my dan tian area when i become stressed out instead of my limbs shaking now my internal organs do. i have absolutely noone to turn to to ask what is happening to me on a physiological level, as the person who instructed me to draw my awareness internally has only energetic/spiritual knowledge of the body and no scientific (at least he wouldn't tell me when i asked if he did)

TLDR - i am aware of my organs and have control over my bloodflow but when i become stressed i can't handle it and my body gets all screwed up

Thank you for any help you can give

Hi, Flolfolil...

DO you have any illnesses or abnormal symptom initially...???

Can you describe what is your physical health condition at the moment...???

well the only thing i have had was a little pain(abdominal and rectal) a year ago when eliminating, and a doctor told me i needed fiber. i got fiber, the problem cleared up. This doesn't feel the same at all though

Every time i focus on my stomach area i start to hear/feel liquids dropping down. Also while doing 2nd chakra work a few days ago that area went numb and i couldn't feel it for 10 minutes or so

Was tested for diabetes/high blood pressure because it runs in my family and i have been reacting differently to salt and sugar but they told me nothing was wrong

Other than that the rest of me feels alright

Edited by Flolfolil

well the only thing i have had was a little pain(abdominal and rectal) a year ago when eliminating, and a doctor told me i needed fiber. i got fiber, the problem cleared up. This doesn't feel the same at all though

Every time i focus on my stomach area i start to hear/feel liquids dropping down. Also while doing 2nd chakra work a few days ago that area went numb and i couldn't feel it for 10 minutes or so

Was tested for diabetes/high blood pressure because it runs in my family and i have been reacting differently to salt and sugar but they told me nothing was wrong

Other than that the rest of me feels alright

Thanks for telling me. The reason I ask you this question was because I knew you have some kind of symptom in your stomach based on your OP. Okay, what is happening to you right now, physically, you are going through a healing process since your are doing Chi Kung.

My next question is how are you doing your Chi Kung. Can you give me a good description. It sounds like it is working for you but I want to verify it. Thanks.... ;)

For a little while now i have been doing a bit of qigong i picked up from a book. i have done yoga for about a year and i found that raising energy made me feel too crazy and start hallucinating. Then i found qigong and i liked how the downward flow stopped my hallucinations. Problem is, now that my focus is more on my dan tian area when i become stressed out instead of my limbs shaking now my internal organs do. i have absolutely noone to turn to to ask what is happening to me on a physiological level, as the person who instructed me to draw my awareness internally has only energetic/spiritual knowledge of the body and no scientific (at least he wouldn't tell me when i asked if he did)

TLDR - i am aware of my organs and have control over my bloodflow but when i become stressed i can't handle it and my body gets all screwed up

Get checked out by a doctor. A Chinese doctor MD who also practices TCM would be ideal.

well basically all i do is some head/face massage, rubbing my hands together, arm swings where i tap myself on front and back, whatever spontaneous movements come to me, dan tian focusing to end.

i also do some very gentle yoga postures, with no locks because i started getting pain when doing root lock.

and then there's these things: http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/metaphysics/occult.html This is the set of exercises that gave me the ability to move my consciousness through my body and then random things started happening - the first of which was increased pressure in my head which is pretty much always present. Sometimes it can get bad and i have to move my awareness lower to relieve it. The effects of the exercises seem to do something like what i feel when i take a melatonin pill and i become conscious in my dreams.

i do all of this sitting down, and everything is extremely gentle because i am recovering from a knee injury.

i do all of this sitting down, and everything is extremely gentle because i am recovering from a knee injury.

Thanks again.

Sitting down is good for your present physical condition. It would be more effective for you if you can do some breathing exercise because most people with a stomach problem were cured by this exercise. It is good to massage your abdomen by expand and contract while you were breathing slowly. However, if you cannot do abdominal breathing, then please don't force yourself. What you should do is just breathe in as deep as possible then exhale. Do this while your are sitting at a comfortable position with the eyes closed and concentrate on your breathing.

The "hear/feel liquids dropping down numb feeling" that you are having, it was called the "Chi sensation" by the Chinese Chi Kung practitioners. What that means is you were doing something right to cause the Chi sensation. Thus you should continue with whatever you were doing. Eventually, the problem will go away after the healing process is complete. Good luck.

Those practices look pretty heady...not a bad thing, but stuff like that and generating too much dantien potential may exacerbate the symptoms. Focus not so much on dantien but attaining stillness, it is an important technique that will integrate what you are working on. Let go of the air passageways, lower the wind speed below the threshold of turbulence there and let the abdominal motions happen, the breath will get where it needs to. Think hexagram 2 ;)

Have you read Bodri and Nan's big book on measuring meditations? I seem to remember it explains about how qi penetrates and cleans,and some of the sensations concerning organs. But it might otherwise fill in some of the holes in your knowlege of physiological phenomena of spiritual evolution. Personally I have felt organs spasming, never really bothered me as I knew what it was, and I felt the channels in other places creating the event. But otherwise, one would think a spasming internal organ would be somewhat shocking or checking out.

Have you read Bodri and Nan's big book on measuring meditations? I seem to remember it explains about how qi penetrates and cleans,and some of the sensations concerning organs. But it might otherwise fill in some of the holes in your knowlege of physiological phenomena of spiritual evolution.

That book sounds pretty cool, unfortunately i don't have the 100$ to purchase it, or any money at all. If i did i would probably spend it on a teacher. The last year has given me so many problems that seem like they could have been avoided if i had someone to instruct me instead of fooling around on the internet. Have you seen how many yoga books have lotus as the first posture they show, with no warnings?

Oh yeah forgot to mention.

To anyone worrying about my condition, i just did my morning practice and most of the pain seems to have gone away and i am no longer freaking out :)

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this