Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Tao is Allowance

The most powerful force in existance is "Allowance." There is no limit to Allowance because it takes no action. Thus, nothing can stop it. Doing nothing, it leaves nothing undone.

Allowance is the path we walk. The conditions we put on our allowance determimes the experiences that shall be had.

The most powerful force in existance is "Allowance." There is no limit to Allowance because it takes no action. Thus, nothing can stop it. Doing nothing, it leaves nothing undone.

Allowance is the path we walk. The conditions we put on our allowance determimes the experiences that shall be had.

If you've ever watched Sgt. Frog season 1 episode 5, you know that allowance is so much more than that, it's the force that allows you to buy Gundam models and limited edition Anime. Just kidding. I don't think allowance is a good analogy for Tao (I'm assuming you're taking this from Chapter 34 of the Tao Teh Ching). I think when one is in harmony with the world and those around them then it's really about being in the present and understanding one's effect on others, but even then that's a small part of Tao. Remember Tao is roughly translated to "way", so really when Lao Tzu is talking about Tao he's talking about the way Tao works, and that's not allowing things to happen so much as it is being at peace with what's happening.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 2

If you've ever watched Sgt. Frog season 1 episode 5, you know that allowance is so much more than that, it's the force that allows you to buy Gundam models and limited edition Anime. Just kidding. I don't think allowance is a good analogy for Tao (I'm assuming you're taking this from Chapter 34 of the Tao Teh Ching). I think when one is in harmony with the world and those around them then it's really about being in the present and understanding one's effect on others, but even then that's a small part of Tao. Remember Tao is roughly translated to "way", so really when Lao Tzu is talking about Tao he's talking about the way Tao works, and that's not allowing things to happen so much as it is being at peace with what's happening.

Aaron

Being at peace with what is happening is allowance. Wether you think you walk the way or not, you are walking it. Wether you think you are allowing or not, you are allowing.

The conditions you place upon your allowing, determine the experiences that shall be had.

I think the definition of 'allowance', as defined in the opening post, would be what I call the total state of "wu". However, as I have said somewhere before (I repeat myself a lot), it is a very rare individual who can remain in the state of "wu" for any extended length of time. Shit happens and we have to deal with it.

Dualistically speaking, on the other side of allowance we have prohibition. There are some thing I simply will not allow.

Dualistically speaking, on the other side of allowance we have prohibition. There are some thing I simply will not allow.

In the moment of "shit happening" that you do not wish to allow, you just allow something else.

There is no "dis-allowance" in my experience of creation. Just like there is no non-existance in existance. Now I'm going to say something that is the oblivious obvious, but well... It has to be said...

Non-existance doesn't exist! :lol:

Edited by Everything

I think the definition of 'allowance', as defined in the opening post, would be what I call the total state of "wu". However, as I have said somewhere before (I repeat myself a lot), it is a very rare individual who can remain in the state of "wu" for any extended length of time. Shit happens and we have to deal with it.

Actually, what I ment with "Allowance" is "Wei wu wei"! :P

And beleive me, there is nothing more easier then Wei wu Wei! :lol:

Edited by Everything

Aaron

Agree.

How can you allow something when in reality you have no control.

That is why i prefer surrender - non resistance - being present in the present to the present

Actually, what I ment with "Allowance" is "Wei wu wei"! :P

And beleive me, there is nothing more easier then Wei wu Wei! :lol:

Yes, I think that is what you meant.

Allowance: tolerance; endurance; forgiveness; let go; for Wu Wei...etc.

Non-existance doesn't exist! :lol:

That's too Buddhist for me. Hehehe.

In Buddhism, non-existence does exist. There was nothing but the State of Wu(無) ever existed; there was no self or ego ever existed.

In Buddhism, non-existence does exist. There was nothing but the State of Wu(無) ever existed; there was no self or ego ever existed.

Yeah, I know. I have been reminded of that many times. But then, I don't agree with it either. Oh well.

Yeah, I know. I have been reminded of that many times. But then, I don't agree with it either. Oh well.

It is not that you don't agree. Perhaps, you were not in the Buddhist mood....:)

That's too Buddhist for me. Hehehe.

What do you mean, "too buddhist"? :huh:

The very definition of non-existance means that it does not exist! There is nothing else to it :mellow:

There is no non-existance

There is existance

There is no reason to existance, there is existance to reason.

I cannot prove to you that you exist or that I exist. It does not need prove, because it is the only unchanging truth in existance! That you exist, always had and allways will... The unchanging truth needs no rationalization, no justification, no proove etc. It is obvious to everyone.

There is only now. It is always now. Everything is now. Existance is now. Non-existance, is not. If you can even ask yourself "do I exist?" this implies that you exist. It is sooooo simple that it might be scary for people to accept it, but that is really all there is to it.

Non-existance does not exist!

Existance has only one quality to it, and that is "to exist."

Edited by Everything

Existance has only one quality to it, and that is "to exist."

Exactly. Non-existance cannot be spoken of. The only thing that can be spoken of is Manifest reality. All other aspects of Tao (Everything else) (No, I don't mean your name. Hehehe.) may be spoken of but do we really know?

Yes, the only true purpose of existance is to exist. We can only guess if we ever ask the question "Why?".

How did we get here from the topic of 'allowance'? Hehehe.

It is not that you don't agree. Perhaps, you were not in the Buddhist mood....:)

I am rarely in as Buddhist mood. Whatever that is. Hehehe.

Oh! BTW I watched a kick-ass Buddist movie last night. They really were punching and kicking at things that existed in their mind.

Edited by Marblehead

I am rarely in as Buddhist mood. Whatever that is. Hehehe.

Oh! BTW I watched a kick-ass Buddist movie last night. They really were punching and kicking at things that existed in their mind.

I am glad it was only a movie....: :D

The only thing that can be spoken of is Manifest reality. All other aspects of Tao (Everything else) (No, I don't mean your name. Hehehe.) may be spoken of but do we really know?

Whatever you perceive to be "not manifest" is actually "manifest."

As I said, non-existance does not exist.

Existance exists.

How did we get here from the topic of 'allowance'? Hehehe.

because you spoke of dis-allowance or "non-allowance". And I said "non existance does not exist."

there it is, I quoted it for you :)

Sign in to follow this