ChiDragon

How many Taoists are out there in the TTB....?

I am a pathetic human being who knows too much about what is good for him but does too little to achieve my full potential. I look up into the night sky and am awed by the infinite beauty, I listen to the rain and marvel at the sublime perfection of it, and yet I am incessantly buying into the traps and snares of my conditioned and aberrant personality afflictions. I am just another poor, desperate soul mucking about in the mud dreaming that one day I might be a dragon communing with the cosmic melody.

That is all.

:)

I consider myself a Taoist, among other things. Y'all know that.

Am I perfect? Hell no!!!

Am I the Sage Lao Tzu talked about? Not by a long shot!

Do I try? You can bet your ass on that!

Do I walk the Way of Tao? I sure do try whenever my world allows me to.

Do I stumble and sometimes fall? Again, you can bet your ass on that.

Y'all try to be good Taoists now. Yes, even you Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, Jews and all others.

Salaam!

Marblehead...

You think that you are a Taoist but you are not because you are trying too hard.... :D

Edited by ChiDragon

My undergrad alma mater has the team name of "the Mountaineers" and the mascot is named "Yosef." According to legend, many years ago, a group of students set out to interview some of the old mountain folk get get pointers on what it takes to be "a real mountaineer." Supposedly, the first old-timer they interviewed squinted at them and said something along the lines of, "Ya don't hafta do nothin'. Jes' be yosef."

• Like 1

Marblehead...

You think that you are a Taoist but you are not because you are trying too hard.... :D

I guess that all I can say to that is that that is your opinion. Hehehe. (I had a lot of "that"s in that sentence.)

I am a pathetic human being who knows too much about what is good for him but does too little to achieve my full potential. I look up into the night sky and am awed by the infinite beauty, I listen to the rain and marvel at the sublime perfection of it, and yet I am incessantly buying into the traps and snares of my conditioned and aberrant personality afflictions. I am just another poor, desperate soul mucking about in the mud dreaming that one day I might be a dragon communing with the cosmic melody.

That is all.

i think Lao Tzu must be smilin :) you in my opinon embody de Tao

San Bao B)

Taoist, another tag. No thanks, just go! Practice more and think less. Taoist = Buddhist = etc = ist = EGO be it.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

This is like an idiot asking others to define an idiot...

If any label or word is used to describe you... you are truly a Taoist. Same as Idiot... Think Zen... duh...

Welcome to Man-made philosophy and justifications for our lives... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It is more like only a fool would argue with a fool...... :o

Would you guys stop fooling around? This is serious business.

:ninja:

Would you guys stop fooling around? This is serious business.

:ninja:

Yes, this is the only way to isolate the boys from the men. :wacko:

Yes, this is the only way to isolate the boys from the men. :wacko:

i can never tell if you are joking or if you take yourself seriously

and i don't know which is funnier

• Like 1

i can never tell if you are joking or if you take yourself seriously

and i don't know which is funnier

It was up to the reader. That is what Yin-Yang was all about. It works both ways. Different personality has to be treated differently. If one is serious, then, I'm serious and vice versa.

Was Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. a Taoist? They both well understood the principles of Wu Wei and put them into action on a mass scale. I'm sure they would say "I'm Hindu" or "I'm Christian" or just "no, I'm just a human being."

Save me some doughnuts you guys, and some of that pop too. Will there be slow dancing?

It was up to the reader. That is what Yin-Yang was all about. It works both ways. Different personality has to be treated differently. If one is serious, then, I'm serious and vice versa.

Versatile does not IMO = 'Taoist'.

Versatile does not IMO = 'Taoist'.

What if it was done in a positive Taoist way, don't you think follow the principles of Tao was being versatile in harmony with the Universe.......???

I wouldn't assume the Taoist way to be either positive or negative. But you know what you're doing, right? My personal experience so far has been that contrived responses to situations are just that. Contrived. I reckon people can smell that stuff a mile off:-)

I wouldn't assume the Taoist way to be either positive or negative. But you know what you're doing, right? My personal experience so far has been that contrived responses to situations are just that. Contrived. I reckon people can smell that stuff a mile off:-)

I had been following your thinking for awhile. Maybe that was the style in your writing, your train of thoughts seems to me was specious and nebulous. In your thinking, the way I've perceived, there was no Yin nor Yang. However, to Taoists, there are either "Yin" or "Yang", or "Yin-Yang" in their thinking. Sometimes, there are things do go from Yin to Yang and vice versa.

The duality of Yin-Yang are integrated as a One. Sometimes, one may be at the opposite extreme of the other but the direction of one extreme will be starting to go reverse toward the other extreme.

I see what you are getting at by saying that "people can smell that stuff a mile off". However, the original intent may be basically good but the starting point may not be adequate to your personal satisfaction. :wacko:

Hmmmmmm let's see what Taoists do...

Taoists like to take long walks

This is probably from my listening to the Korean side of Taoism where there's a lot of taekwondo and leg exercises, and the terrain is covered in hills so might as well use the strong legs

There's also a lot of mountain climbing and on these mountains there's a lot of circle walking, and as long as you live on a mountain you need to learn how to breath right

I remember a story about a long living person being asked by a general about longevity and one of the tips was long walks and sitting in seiza with the butt not touching the ground so there will be some exercise while there's nowhere to walk

By the way, HORSE STANCE!!!

Have you noticed that the Koreans talk with a deep voice. It is because they talk from the dan tien. BTW The Koreans have a scream day. They have a custom to yell the ass off all day long from the morning and on, once a year, in the streets.

Edited by ChiDragon

Have you noticed that the Koreans talk with a deep voice. It is because they talk from the dan tien. BTW The Koreans have a scream day. They have a custom to yell the ass off all day long from the morning and on, once a year, in the streets.

Now that you mention it , my boss does that too!

but he isnt Korean

and it seems more often Hmmmmmm <_<

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I had been following your thinking for awhile. Maybe that was the style in your writing, your train of thoughts seems to me was specious and nebulous. In your thinking, the way I've perceived, there was no Yin nor Yang. However, to Taoists, there are either "Yin" or "Yang", or "Yin-Yang" in their thinking. Sometimes, there are things do go from Yin to Yang and vice versa.

The duality of Yin-Yang are integrated as a One. Sometimes, one may be at the opposite extreme of the other but the direction of one extreme will be starting to go reverse toward the other extreme.

I see what you are getting at by saying that "people can smell that stuff a mile off". However, the original intent may be basically good but the starting point may not be adequate to your personal satisfaction. :wacko:

Nebulous, sounds about right. Specious, will need to look that up but it didn't sound complementary (or complimentary even).

It's nice to think other people are making an effort to follow my thinking 'for a while'.

I feel a bit special now (adds sparkly pony but in horse stance to be, er, hardcore Taoist)

Edit: So 'specious' defines as 'plausible but wrong'. Lots of things are like that. In what ways are/were my postings about qi-gong wrong? I don't mind if I am wrong about it BTW. Thx!

Edited by -K-
  • Like 1

Nebulous, sounds about right. Specious, will need to look that up but it didn't sound complementary (or complimentary even).

It's nice to think other people are making an effort to follow my thinking 'for a while'.

I feel a bit special now (adds sparkly pony but in horse stance to be, er, hardcore Taoist)

Edit: So 'specious' defines as 'plausible but wrong'. Lots of things are like that. In what ways are/were my postings about qi-gong wrong? I don't mind if I am wrong about it BTW. Thx!

laugh.gif

wub.gif