Jetsun

Yongey Mingur Rinpoche heals panic attacks with Buddhist practice

Thought I would share the story of Yongey Mingur Rinpoche as I found it really interesting. You often hear stories about masters but personally I often find it hard to relate to their lives in a practical way but Yongey Mingur Rinpoche explains how as a child he had severe panic attacks and social anxiety which led to great unhappiness, but after some time suffering he managed to turn things around and started to use the panic as the object of his meditation and made friends with it and since then he hasn't had a panic attack since.

At the age of thirteen he began his first three year meditation retreat and after it's completion he was told that he should become the retreat master making him the youngest retreat master in history. Last year instead of going on another three year retreat he decided to just walk out on everything and become a wandering Yogi My link so if you are in India anytime over the next few years visiting any of the pilgrimage sites you might bump into him.

great article (your link)

thanks for sharing!

It is pretty brave to become a wandering Yogi in this day and age and shows he is genuine in his devotion as he has enough fame, followers and wealth to live comfortably for the rest of his life. I would find it difficult to leave without my wallet and phone for a few days but apparently he didn't even take his toothbrush with him and just wandered off with trust he will be taken care of.

It is pretty brave to become a wandering Yogi in this day and age and shows he is genuine in his devotion as he has enough fame, followers and wealth to live comfortably for the rest of his life. I would find it difficult to leave without my wallet and phone for a few days but apparently he didn't even take his toothbrush with him and just wandered off with trust he will be taken care of.

truly.

and a retreat leader at 16? wow.

awesome story