Protector

Philosophical question

Let's chill out and think about something less serious

World won't end if this question doesn't get answered

But it might be fun to think about it

and having a spare key might open some other door

Why does music sound good?

The harmony between opposite and complimentary notes creates a friction similar to the sound of raw space/time, or the suspension between the mind-reflection of past and future. This creates the illusion of infinite 'echoing' forever into and out of the space between heart beats. Maybe, who knows.

Meaning of life, answer to suffering, where is God, what is love baby don't hurt me, all important and interesting but music is like, eh, who knows :lol:

Why does music sound good?

It depends on your frequency. The mood you are in allows you to resonate with certain musical key signatures.

For example, sad, you like minor songs. Happy, you like major songs. Yet, today, music has allot of very specific vibrational signatures, even with the videos and singing, personalities etc. So theres something for everyone to resonate with.

You are a vibrational being. As you change the frequencies within yourself, by shifting believes, you also change the kind of music you resonate with.

Edited by Everything

World won't end if this question doesn't get answered

Oops, I answered the question!

OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! :lol:

Edited by Everything

etc.

Hm. Why do you say that? It's evidently not like that. Maybe you're joking? Music's no laughing matter ;-)

Well, have you ever heard of comedy music? :P

youtube.com/watch?v=Xui7x_KF7bY

If you offer music and food

Strangers may stop with you;

But if you accord with the Way

All the people of the world will keep you

In safety, health, community, and peace.

I really like that, because who woulden't want to have the world keep you safety, health, community and peace? :)

I think it's because it's built into our genetic code with a purpose. Like sleep or sex. But the purpose of music is solely spiritual, so for the most people it's not as strong as the biological drives and functions.

I suppose you know that if you REALLY LISTEN to music, you lose your ego temporarily. You enter the acoustic dimension, and (without knowing it) feel the touch of god. It's not difficult to see that this must have been discovered long ago, and intuitively been used for bhakti yoga et al.

I guess, strictly physiologically, you can bypass the left brain with music. It's not needed, I mean. So there's an egyptian connection (Gods in the flesh, the brain like the scarab and all that).

Also, for musicians, in the "trance", you can easily communicate with each other - again, on a "purer" level, without the egos. Now, who's communicating? That's the question.

So, consequently. Jesus was not only a fisherman, or sailor, but also a singer.

What do you think?

And a carpenter and a healer and a god in a human body. What a one-upper jerk.

J/k!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All that is describing what happens when a person listens to music but that doesn't explain why music is so good, including how some songs get very annoying or just start to sound bad after listening to them enough times, while other can be listened to forever like this one to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPkqs6yc8UA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All that is describing what happens when a person listens to music but that doesn't explain why music is so good, including how some songs get very annoying or just start to sound bad after listening to them enough times, while other can be listened to forever like this one to me

That song is too sad for me!

Easy! The answer is that there is a part of the brain that becomes excited when you experience something new(whatever that part is called) It lights up and sends pleasurable signals. Once you've heard a song too many times it stops feeling good, UNLESS you've enjoyed a song so much it created a pathway that activates whenever you hear it, like a trigger.

So 3 Doors Down for you activates that pathway and you can still feel good when hearing it, unless you stop feeding it those good emotions.

Just an idea, the brain thing is real I just can't remember the terms.

That song is too sad for me!

Easy! The answer is that there is a part of the brain that becomes excited when you experience something new(whatever that part is called) It lights up and sends pleasurable signals. Once you've heard a song too many times it stops feeling good, UNLESS you've enjoyed a song so much it created a pathway that activates whenever you hear it, like a trigger.

So 3 Doors Down for you activates that pathway and you can still feel good when hearing it, unless you stop feeding it those good emotions.

Just an idea, the brain thing is real I just can't remember the terms.

But I feel like fighting when listening to this song!

FIGHTIIIIIIN

It is said that new is the long forgotten old, so very old songs that people enjoyed long time ago should be as good as listening to the new stuff, but not everyone(majority more like) likes the super old stuff and sometimes it doesn't even sound like music

Also brain thing doesn't sound like fun, what would some ancient sage say when asked this question I wonder

I don't think he would go into details about human anatomy, and he might not even answer but he might think about it and that's interesting

FIGHTIIIIIIIIIIIN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your link doesn't work. I'm curious what the song is now!

I can't tell you why it sounds good otherwise hehe

harmonious vibrations is harmonious vibrations

sometimes trying to explain or philosophize about something only obscures that thing, specially if that thing is a right-brained thing, like harmonious vibrations are

im sure there is a left brain science to them (called pop music lol) but the true genius of music comes from the right brain, where philosophizing and discussion of this type will do you no good

maybe why you wanna fightiiiiin so much i dunno

mebbe just accept that music sounds good and let it sound good without trying to logicalize the scenario, which will increase your enjoyment yknow

good luck

Oh, it's When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down

FIGHTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Ok, sinfest... I'll take a shot

You like the song, because you are now in a spot in your life where you have a longing for love or that happiness and you are in hope of it, or close proximity. On the edge in a sense. There is this hope of falling into that happiness. Thus, it is here that your frequency lies and your being vibrates. You like e minor songs.

The most rich being:

youtube.com/watch?v=idhHq1mn1XA

Or if you like electric guitar more:

I never really looked into e minor, but I can also resonate with it.

You fight, because you have hope. Hope for something, but I don't know what. Only you can know that :P

So is my answer satisfying?

Edited by Everything

The appeal of music to us is a byproduct of our very useful communication system,,speech.

Which has been enhanced because it serves a communication benefit of its own ,in sharing celibration and bonding groups.( basically it is just helpful and good that we like it, so we do.)

Similar to cave art being a byproduct of the development of mental abstraction.

( I cant say thats fact, but it sounds reasonable to me)

Stosh

Ok, sinfest, if you don't like this one, either my taste in music is fookyd up or you don't like e minor at all, and I'm completely off :lol:

The grandest e minor concert I could find:

Edited by Everything

heehee No need to logicalize music but there are endless books written on everything else, isn't it more nice to talk about nice things like music instead of say, politics

People seem to be more interested in things that hurt them, even the Buddha worked hard on finding an answer to suffering

Motivation for great wisdom and knowledge seem to start from survival, survival is also the very first chakra which also symbolizes survival

Can't do much when you're dead :lol:

Survival is the start for action but not the action itself, after survival the life starts

Survival is the decision and the action is creation, maybe you have to fight and so the fighting is what you leave behind

Fighting is also living but actual life and freedom is found in comfort where you can decide what you want to do instead of being forced into it by the circumstances

Have to grow up, find a place to live, and have no more clear path for you

No more school, college, and expectations

There are no more attachments except for what is long gone and in the past

Nothing is left except for experience and that experience is used to create more of it or to turn it into something else

In most cases that's how life goes if it doesn't get interrupted

At this step where experience is, knowledge chakra resides

Knowledge chakra is in the throat, which people use to sing!

Stories told and art created!

Not just vibrations but the essence and meaning being shown through art

Music does not just happen but there is something that made it happen and it itself makes more things happen

Same song sounds different to different people and it takes them to different places

It is another step in moving forward!

Without me explaining it you already felt it somewhere before

Thanks that will be a good running song, didn't even know Bryan Adams was still making music.

But something even more basic to music than tonality and harmony. Why do we like rhythm? Even babies like it. Some babies like vigorous bouncing, some like slower rocking and swaying, but almost all are soothed by some kind of rhythm.

All our senses think certain things are good but not others, some things look, smell, taste or feel good too, but not everyone agrees on those either.

harmonious vibrations is harmonious vibrations

sometimes trying to explain or philosophize about something only obscures that thing, specially if that thing is a right-brained thing, like harmonious vibrations are

im sure there is a left brain science to them (called pop music lol) but the true genius of music comes from the right brain, where philosophizing and discussion of this type will do you no good

maybe why you wanna fightiiiiin so much i dunno

mebbe just accept that music sounds good and let it sound good without trying to logicalize the scenario, which will increase your enjoyment yknow

good luck

Most folks dont enjoy real right brain music with odd time signatures, nonconventuonal scales, etc. popular music appeals to people because they fall tonally and rythmically in the left brin comfort zones...order, structure etc.

Most folks dont enjoy real right brain music with odd time signatures, nonconventuonal scales, etc. popular music appeals to people because they fall tonally and rythmically in the left brin comfort zones...order, structure etc.

So bad music is good for you? :lol: