ZhengTzu

Accessing Higher Dimensions

"The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness." - Lao Tzu

For those that would like to share their knowledge / input, I'm open for a discussion on this topic. Lao Tzu says that we should be open to / opened to higher dimensions of consciousness. What is he alluding to? What is the process(es) for gaining access to higher dimensions? How many dimensions are there, or is it more fractal in nature?

Ya Mu talks about this a lot. Were suppose to raise our vibrations and awareness so we can experience the higher levels of energy and pull down higher energies or "Light" so that we can use it for purification and healing othrs...or something like that.

Its an interesting topic.

-My 2 cents, Peace

"The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness." - Lao Tzu

For those that would like to share their knowledge / input, I'm open for a discussion on this topic. Lao Tzu says that we should be open to / opened to higher dimensions of consciousness. What is he alluding to? What is the process(es) for gaining access to higher dimensions? How many dimensions are there, or is it more fractal in nature?

Lao Tzu says we "should"? Oh. I think its a matter of choice and nature- we can do anything, just as we don't have to do a thing, and all things happen at the crossing of the paths of choice and flowing situation. Becoming more conscious allows for more information, but not everyone knows what to do with more information when they have it and not everyone understands what they do know. So how deeply do you want to refine that understanding? Will it still be 'understanding' once you have 'achieved' it or will it transcend into something else?

What is he alluding to? An infinite number of things, and in the Tao of it all- nothing at all. ;-) No. That's actually not a joke. I'm serious.

What is the process? Depends on who you are and what methods and paths work best for you. Ultimately the spiritual journey is a personal journey, just as the challenges you face are your own as to how you've lost sight of the 'One Nothing'. On a general level, all the forum, energy practices, and religions of the world have a prescription available. Do you know which method or path would serve you best?

How many fractals of dimension in the dimensions are there? Changes like breath, ocean, season, day and night, life and death. One can not intellectually count the grains of sand moving in and out of the sea, breaking apart and dissolving in to the ether.

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 2

Dimensions... I love this topic. In Taoist thought higher dimensions help solve the dimension before it. I once sat in and listened to a Theravada monk who explained that there are four dimensions to the individual. Mind, body, soul, and a new one which I had not heard of... interbeing. Interbeing as in how you exist across time. I personally order it as soul being of the first dimension... the single dot which you eventually become aware of, mind of the second dimension... the mind and the world around which it perceives... body of the third dimension... structured in height, width and length as what we can see and touch, and interbeing of the fourth dimension which coincides with the fourth dimension of time. I see the eightfold path as more than just eightsteps but the folding of eight to where the four dimensions of an individual fold onto the remaining four just as one becomes the world around them in an enlightenment. become=realize passively rather than actively becoming. Likewise, the 26 chapters of the Dhammapada fold up nicely with the 13th chapter: The World, becoming the 14th ch: the Awakened and so on outward to help one understand Buddhist thought through the other 24 paired chapters.

Alright... now lets work some dimensional analysis top to bottom. The fourth dimension of interbeing helps solve the third dimension of body and others below it. Although your body withers and deteriorates, one must recognize that the mind does not and that you have aspects of your self which existed since you were a small child. You are young at heart and mind its just a difference of whether you recognize it. Your soul for instance has always been there or if you believe in reincarnation and karma you can recognize that it is misdeeds done in past lives which are to blame for the bad karma you receive today. Yet, how can one start to blame one's self for actions they don't necessarily have control of in this lifetime? For me, the blame started to dissipate at this thought and a realization that its a cycle which I must find an escape from. You could also realize that you were a foolish child once too or could easily become a bitter adult, hence one is able to forgive others in circumstances in which they have fallen victim to time and time again. Achieved older monks can forgive younger generations and understand that this ignorant being will become a realized monk or that they will become a young monk again too and should treat these young guns like they will want to be treated when they reincarnate. Sometimes one must not dwell on their lack of doing good for the world today or in the past and be empowered by the good that they will do in time so that they become a whole hearted person capable of doing such good. This is an interesting thought which helped me break barriers I thought were out of reach and is a promise I have yet to fulfill.

Edited by 1try80deny

Where were we? The third dimension of self in this organization I constructed is the body. I know one is use to hearing mind over body but think about the opposite for a second. Taoist practitioners and Buddhists alike put their bodies to practice with peaceful flowing movements to help soothe the mind. In time through good conduct and peaceful action, the concepts found in both traditions start to become inherent to the individual and the mind itself too becomes calm and peaceful. Like throwing mud into the river, one must calm the river in order for the murkiness (suspended sediment) to settle on the bottom. The river becomes clear and true insight can take place. This is seen where calming meditation generally comes before insight meditation in Buddhist practice.

The second dimension of self is mind. It fits perfectly in my opinion in that the mind is what connects body of the third with soul of the first. Soul and body becoming one. Mind helps solve issues of the soul and is what helps us solve and realize what our souls are.

You could go even farther to say that the experiencing of soul is where one realizes and solves emptiness. Emptiness being the great base at the bottom of this philosophical structure. As Allen Watts states (roughly)... "Its not nothingness in that it is nothing but that we are unaware of it." How so? Because soul is all and to become all is to be unaware of the nothingness. Quite an interesting contradiction. To experience oneness is to experience emptiness. Think about what it would be like to be a one dimensional dot. This is the non-feeling at the base of consciousness.

Please forgive my "this is the way it is" use of language. This is just my opinion. Feel free to chop it up, challenge it, and disagree.

'High is determined by low'.

As via

To be like water taking the easiest...

[lowest in the sense of streams flowing down into rivers and rivers flowing down into ocean. Never upwards]

...natural path of least resistance.

That cultivated then 'higher dimensions' may well access us.

Effortlessly.

Also, with deep respect.....

Who is it 'experiencing emptiness' ?

And "who" is asking? Who is experiencing emptiness? The ultimate nature of "who".... emptiness. Words are insufficient. Pure "being" born of stillness, harmony, balance... to relate anything to emptiness is an exercise in contradiction; one pure breath shy of a paradox.

Edited by fizix

One accesses higher dimensions (or deeper levels of consciousness) by residing in the moment. In the moment, one first feels the energy (or vibrations). The energy flow increases as issues/obstructions are released. As clarity increases, the energy refines. When residing in the moment becomes the natural state, energies beyond the body are noticed and accessable. Higher dimensions (and beings) are then available.

:)

• Like 2

My current approach is that the most direct approach to accessing "higher dimensions of consciousness" is to start with the familiar one. The one in which "we" operate and exist. To what degree has each of us plumbed the depths of that dimension of consciousness? Where is the boundary over which one steps to move from the present "dimension" to another? Once there, are we no longer of the starting dimension? Too often are we looking beyond what we already are and yet, I say with conviction, few if any of us have even explored that thoroughly enough to understand it's potential.

• Like 1

'One breath away from a paradox' is very good.

Golden Flower is a rich vein to mine.

Slippery concept is 'dimensions' there's always the barrier of ideas [language-baggage] around measurement or positionality. As in -'higher'or 'fourth' or 'greater'. 'That' in opposition to or elsewhere than 'this'.

Silence works whereas words falter.

..................................................................... All success with this most engaging debate.

• Like 1

Guest RBSA

You said

There is a similar concept in our christian orthodoxy . It is introducing the mind , which is consciousness , into your heart , which is emotional , more powerful and closer to awareness , or it sounds to me .

What is the process(es) for gaining access to higher dimensions?

High comes usually from up . So you can gain access to higher dimensions by doing the opposite of the anterior , meaning leaving the shell of the heart to the head , and doing your effort with your mind . Like a worm . This is the process . Stress grows you . Pain grows you .

How many dimensions are there, or is it more fractal in nature?

Some could say there are two major dimensions , heaven and earth . Heaven is told , by Dionysios the Areopagite to be separated in nine heavens . I also find on the internet the term of gates of heaven . Gates separate dimensions . Some parapsychologists say there are also anti - heavens . Some also speak about hell . Maybe it is also a dimension .

I am not sure if it is fractal or not . Maybe it is a separation between what is one and absolute and all other illusion .

Maybe your answers stand in vibration . Maybe there is an one universal mind like Hermes Trismegistos said . Or he said something like that . And the answer is in vibration .

Guest RBSA

Anyway i like this mind quest about other dimensions . Some could also say that gaining access to other dimensions are done by other beings , that come from those dimensions .

Taoist mediums can communicate with Spirit entities. There's good honest wages to be had by those who can do that. Very popular facet of Taism is spirit communication along wth fortune telling. Those subsidise our centre. Mediumship services and fortune telling income helps keep our class fees affordable.

One hand washes the other. Anyone local wanting a sitting can book via website link on my profile.

QiGong classes also available at very reasonable rates.

Lao Tzu says we "should"? Oh. I think its a matter of choice and nature- we can do anything, just as we don't have to do a thing, and all things happen at the crossing of the paths of choice and flowing situation. Becoming more conscious allows for more information, but not everyone knows what to do with more information when they have it and not everyone understands what they do know. So how deeply do you want to refine that understanding? Will it still be 'understanding' once you have 'achieved' it or will it transcend into something else?

What is he alluding to? An infinite number of things, and in the Tao of it all- nothing at all. ;-) No. That's actually not a joke. I'm serious.

What is the process? Depends on who you are and what methods and paths work best for you. Ultimately the spiritual journey is a personal journey, just as the challenges you face are your own as to how you've lost sight of the 'One Nothing'. On a general level, all the forum, energy practices, and religions of the world have a prescription available. Do you know which method or path would serve you best?

How many fractals of dimension in the dimensions are there? Changes like breath, ocean, season, day and night, life and death. One can not intellectually count the grains of sand moving in and out of the sea, breaking apart and dissolving in to the ether.

nicely said, once again, small fur :)

Sort of on my own thought track here... Before I was speaking of the dimensions of self in their order of soul, mind, body, and interbeing. Before I go ion, I just want to clearify soul (of the first dimension) is not exactly a single dot persay but more as the center from which you percieve the world: the base of consciousness. The observer of the void that is realized to be non-seperate from yourself. The feeling of sinking back and down where the percieved world of 3-d shapes melts into an ocean in which you are the waves and the troughs.

I mentioned the dimensions of self first because that is the best way and only way (my opinion) to start out. Experience and know yourself. The dimensions of consciousness also fits perfectly into a similar analysis of the dimensions of consciousness. The most important part of upper dimensions is the ground from which they arrise. "Do we really know which way the river flows." (Poorly written but the idea beneath my words is there). Don't get caught up and held back in thought by scientists saying that, it is impossible for human beings to comprehend what a fifth dimension is. I don't know : ( ? Great! Thats the best place to start. Learn the first four, how they flow and then understand that the fifth is not something to comprehend but something that is experienced. To live not to define and measure. Rather than waste effort on define, measure compare- right mind processes, value and focus also on curving the flow of thought. Bring them in unison and in harmony. Wisdom tells knolwedge how to move and knowledge tells wisdom how to curve.

Dimensions should not be thought of as different worlds in reference to Lao tzu's comment, like typical sci-fi tends to think of it but as aspects of this existence. Not two; this world and the spiritual but one in which you can apply simple geometry to gain and understanding of self and of the layers of consciousness. The order of the dimensions of self which I referred to will be hard to picture if you are applying the dimensions commonly spoken of in cubical form (line, width+heighth, cube) but rather in a spherical dimensional analysis. The sphere (body) with a center point (soul) that is nothing in itself and the flowing mind which connects the two. Air into water, water into ice, ice into water, water into air. Air, water, ice; soul, mind, body.

The cubical analysis does not allow time to be encorporated into the first three dimensions to show the interconnectedness and transformation of all things like the sphere analysis does to help compliment taosist philosophy. Time is apart of the dimensions below it. Its the fifth in which time is solved. Lets start from the bottom. Single dot+time= line, but our existence is not linear. In lower states of consciousness you think you must move toward happiness on the line but happiness and sadness are not two extremes. Realization: circle! 2-d. A circle can also be demonstrated across time by the wave and trough or sine function. Ups would not exist without the lows and waves would not either with out the troughs. You raise consciousness by realizing happiness and sadness are connected by ____ hepling you become a more evolved being no longer suffering from the ups and downs of life. Embrace your lows and avoid holding up the highs. Take solace in the middle which you cross twice as much as the others. As if you were atrracted to the center like a magnet, use the flow of momentum to shoot right back up. Connect many circles (previously thought linear ideas) of different angular aspect with a central point with the help of relativizing their size/significance and you have a complete sphere. A sphere might wax and wane in size over time but it remains complete. Or another helpful concept... still the line and become aware of the dot. In a tao sort of way, they are the same action. In a way... in a way... in a way...

After discussing the spherical dimensional analysis with a fellow college student a while ago, she said that she had a close friend of a sophisticated science background who discovered (how? i don't know) that the cubical form better captures the structure of molecules/atoms/n' what not (sorry not a science person=hazy understanding) than does the spherical form in order to discredit my train of thought. I do not disagree but all of nature has a duality. While one may express structure would not the other one express interconnectedness and the transformation of all things. The particle/wave duality of light is an example.

Edited by 1try80deny

Mediums could see other realms different than our physical world. You are either born as a medium or not.

Even a normal person can see other realms with the help of a saint with powers, but it will be harmful for that person.

Mediums should only open their views in an protected environment, otherwise they will be the target of demons.

Or trolls

;-)

We have a union and in house fortnightly trade paper [Psychic News you can look at headlines online] here in the UK.

Mediumship is not quite so well organized elsewhere.

'Demons' are seldom a problem. It's people on this side of life who tend to cause the biggest headaches.

Goes back a long way does mediumship in Taoism. Still a very popular service, brings people in.

• Like 1

Or trolls

;-)

We have a union and in house fortnightly trade paper [Psychic News you can look at headlines online] here in the UK.

Mediumship is not quite so well organized elsewhere.

'Demons' are seldom a problem. It's people on this side of life who tend to cause the biggest headaches.

Goes back a long way does mediumship in Taoism. Still a very popular service, brings people in.

With my all respect, I have seen quite a high number of mediums who had been attacked by demons. Some of them chose to close their view in order not to see horrible things, some of them had pretty bad experiences etc. It is a very serious problem.

Almost 99% of channelings of today are communicating with negative beings, thus they are in obsession (Obsession as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsession_(Spiritism)) The reason for that the people doing the channelings do not know the techniques to protect themselves from negatives. The only exception in the West, as far as I know, is Silver Birch and White Eagle from UK. Silver Birch is a positive being.