Harmonious Emptiness

Sutra of Complete Enlightenment, Han Sha commentary

Hi folks.

So, by a massive windfall of fortune, I happened upon Chan and Zen Teachings third series, translated by Charles Luk in a used books store for a fraction of what it goes for, used, online. Seems there are very few copies of this around and I have never heard of The Sutra of Complete Enlightenment, Han Sha commentary anywhere else.

This sutra, especially the chapter "Boddhisatva Clean Karma" with the commentary by Han Shan, is absolutely, wow. However, there seems to be almost no availability even from Amazon.

Does anyone know about these Sutras or sources of this book, and where people might obtain copies?

Thanks..

• Like 1

Hi folks.

So, by a massive windfall of fortune, I happened upon Chan and Zen Teachings third series, translated by Charles Luk in a used books store for a fraction of what it goes for, used, online. Seems there are very few copies of this around and I have never heard of The Sutra of Complete Enlightenment, Han Sha commentary anywhere else.

This sutra, especially the chapter "Boddhisatva Clean Karma" with the commentary by Han Shan, is absolutely, wow. However, there seems to be almost no availability even from Amazon.

Does anyone know about these Sutras or sources of this book, and where people might obtain copies?

Thanks..

Charles Luk's works are all excellent, not to mention master Hanshan's commentaries. I would try getting this book through an inter-library loan. It appears that some libraries do have this book, so you can probably borrow it for free, although it may take some time for the book to arrive.

WorldCat results: Ch'an and Zen Teachings #3

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

As I posted in "Sutras" topic the sutra can be read here:

Sutra of Perfect Enlightenment:

http://www.buddhism.org/board/read.cgi?board=Sutra&y_number=1

I find this sutra sort of explains the concepts of the Diamond Sutra but more explicitly. Especially in regards to the idea of chasing Enlightenment to fulfill the self which can not pass through to Nirvana. Not that the path should be abandoned, but that one should recognize the illusion of a self which seeks to be Enlightened. Yes, paradoxical no doubt, but entirely logical all at the same time.

One could also start with the poem summaries at the close of each chapter to get a sense of the sutra if so desired.