GrandTrinity

Grandmaster Yuanming Zhang...

All I have to say is, this dude is th real deal! I studied with him yesterday for 2 hours.

I will write up about the experience later... I got two rare books he wrote...

Since he was like 6 years old, Zhang has been doing 49 day fasts in caves to practice inner alchemy.

But for now, I want to highlight that he recommended I study his Tiger Qigong.

This is the same form Zongxian Wu teaches, but Wu was GM Zhang's student in the 80's. Wu learned form Zhang in a group setting, not even personaly.

Zhang's form feels a lot more authentic and powerful than WU's. I am angry that Wu duped me with that... I even read his book which has praises from all the top qigong people in the country... now I find this!? I am very glad I went to this lesson for many reasons.

One of the major things GM Zhang uses in his Qi Gong is unique healing sounds/mantras for various extraordinary meridians, the Dan tien... etc.

One thing I wanted to ask yall bums about: my hands sweated a lot and were cold during the first half of our practice session. It was really strange how much my hands were sweating. He noticed the "cold damp" and the assistant said I should keep practice to get rid of that, and there will still be some sickness stuck in it. Can anyone explain what is this cold damp hands?

Edited by GrandTrinity

I am angry that Wu duped me with that... I even read his book which has praises from all the top qigong people in the country... now I find this!? I am very glad I went to this lesson for many reasons.

what do you mean by this?

Well the form Wu teaches is a great "shamanic" form as he calls it. However, the form Zhang teaches (he taught Wu in the late eighties and is much earlier in the lineage) feel more like the real form from the Royal family. When I said I am angry, I meant that I am disappointed with Wu and even all the top American Qigong teachers who wrote testimonials for his book, as Zhang's form feels much more invigorating and is definitely a lot more authentic, even quicker to practice. I cant believe nobody of those testimonial writes for Wu picked up on this!? Nonetheless, I am glad to have read Wu's book.

I am happy I went to the 2 hour private with Zhang, as I got an awesome transmission of very subtle Qigong techniques that are changing my clearly subtle body for the better...

These two or three books Zhang wrote are not available on his website, but perhaps if you call or email.

I feel that Grandmaster Zhang is the "real deal" and I highly recommend anyone serious about Qi Gong study with him. I have not seen a higher teacher in America or the world (I heard that Zhang is friends with Mantak Chia who I also respect a lot for his helping reveal Taoist Alchemy to the world).

• Like 1

All I have to say is, this dude is th real deal! I studied with him yesterday for 2 hours.

I will write up about the experience later... I got two rare books he wrote...

Since he was like 6 years old, Zhang has been doing 49 day fasts in caves to practice inner alchemy.

This is the same form Zongxian Wu teaches, but Wu was GM Zhang's student in the 80's. Wu learned form Zhang in a group setting, not even personaly.

Zhang's form feels a lot more authentic and powerful than WU's. I am angry that Wu duped me with that... I even read his book which has praises from all the top qigong people in the country... now I find this!? I am very glad I went to this lesson for many reasons.

One of the major things GM Zhang uses in his Qi Gong is unique healing sounds/mantras for various extraordinary meridians, the Dan tien... etc.

One thing I wanted to ask yall bums about: my hands sweated a lot and were cold during the first half of our practice session. It was really strange how much my hands were sweating. He noticed the "cold damp" and the assistant said I should keep practice to get rid of that, and there will still be some sickness stuck in it. Can anyone explain what is this cold damp hands?

THe cold damp hands, in Chinese Medicine, would be a sickness related with too much yang qi in the body , in an unhealthy manner, which would be disprsing the Yin qi of the heart and kidneys. (Though an individual diagnosis is definetly more appropriate. My above diagnosis is general)

If youdrink coffee, smoke cigarettes, eat fried and or spicy foods, stop and begin drinking homemade fruit jiuces of pears, and apples. Also, when in your qigong practice, focus on the mingmen at the lower back where the kidneys are, and bring your breath there and direct it to the dantian.

THere is more, but this should do well for now. Also, avoid deeply baked goods like pizza, potatoe chips(fried and baked) and drink water ,.. especially since you practice Qigong.. you should drink twice as much water as someone who doesn't practice qigong.

Peace and Happiness.

Edited by 林愛偉

Thank you for these tips. I suspect that enhaling Cannabis herbs contributes to this? I will have to check my Tan Tien and Ming Men more, avoiding spicy foods and yang herbs.

Thank you for these tips. I suspect that enhaling Cannabis herbs contributes to this? I will have to check my Tan Tien and Ming Men more, avoiding spicy foods and yang herbs.

Any inhaliation of conentrated smoke will cause excess yang in the body, which inturn will make yin deficient. If it is done over long period of time, the energy begins to leak out of the body due to organ dysfunction. Though one may not feel the organs problem, depending on their cultivation level, the organ will be dysfunctional.

At the level where your palms are clammy, and such as you describe, it shows that there is an effect which has been due to a long period of time in excess yang cultivation, basically daily habits. If it has not been for a long period of tme, and these problems have manifested, one can say it would be due to the prenatal qi not being strong enough.. .its quality not being strong enough to sustain constant bombardment.

Ofcourse a face to face diagnosis is best, but maybe this idea may lead you to a beneficail path with good outcomes. :)

Peace,

Your hands can also become cold when you have a higher amount of nervous tension / anxiety, which might be on account of it being your first meeting / class.

Your hands can also become cold when you have a higher amount of nervous tension / anxiety, which might be on account of it being your first meeting / class.

Yes, and that would be a sign of kidney qi dispersion...(imbalance of qi in the kidneys.)

All emotional imbalance can be traced to organ qi imbalance. Yet, fixing it would mean not only tending to the qi of the organs, but changing the mind state so one will not have an experience of excessive emotional state.

Peace,

Thank you for these deep insights. Actually, I am cultivate enough to know that going into the lesson, my kidneys were drained. That morning, my grandparents woke me up and shattered my enegy body a few times when I was trying to meditate upon awakening...my ming men was relatively closed when I went into the meeting! Nonetheless, it was still a very fruitful lesson...next time, hopfully my environment prior to the lesson will be more conducive, but I had difficulty waking up and defending my chi against the grandparents... the master actually pciked up on this and asked me where i came from before he lesson.....very nice insights yall offer.

GM Zhang said to you "Wu was my student in the 80's?

Zhang's form feels a lot more authentic and powerful than WU's. I am angry that Wu duped me with that...

How did Wu dupe you? Have you studied with him personally? Are there no other possibilities between what Wu represents and what Zhang has alleged? Is it not possible for example that Wu had more than one teacher for Tiger Form? I know he has studied with many masters.

I even read his book which has praises from all the top qigong people in the country... now I find this!? I am very glad I went to this lesson for many reasons.

It is good to study directly with an accomplished practitioner. This is my experience working with Wu.

I wonder why you are so quick to judge the quality of instruction of a teacher based on limited experience of them? My experience of Wu is that of a genuine teacher who is accomplished in his arts and has genuiine transmission.

Was Zhang critical of Wu or is this your interpretation of the communication you had?

Why do you feel duped? I find the quality of his detailed guide to the tiger form to be excellent, and the DVD is even better for learning this form. My experience of this form is that he knows it VERY WELL and has much to say about each movement and its function. He performs it with grace and power. He knows the applications of the moves. He absolutely has the structure and you can see it when he teaches and in the DVD. Where is the Dupe??

Obviously if you have read any of my earlier posts about him, you will know that I have been studying with him much of this past year as often as I can manage. This has been exceedingly enriching to me. Therefore I take issue with what seems to me to be a superficial criticism of him and/or his instruction.

I am happy that you have had a very positive experience with Master Zhang.

I do not understand why you feel cheated by your experience with Master Wu.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it doesn't seem from your writing that you have studied with Wu personally.

I expect if you were to study directly with Wu your opinion might change.

Respectfully

Craig

I know Wu is a serious teacher and I enjoyed his form and book.

Still, Zhang is like 7th in this lineage with Wu is lilke 18th or something(?)...

This, Zhang's teaching of this form is much more invigorating an subtle, and it also takes me a lot less time to perform.

I did not mean to offend anyone, I am just saying that I wish I handt wasted mad time on that less authentic form. Of course, if I saw the original original fom from Lu Dong Bin or whoever supposedly have it to Lao Tsu or whatever, I would be saying Zhang duped me!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I know Wu is a serious teacher and I enjoyed his form and book.

Still, Zhang is like 7th in this lineage with Wu is lilke 18th or something(?)...

This, Zhang's teaching of this form is much more invigorating an subtle, and it also takes me a lot less time to perform.

:lol:

Zhongxian Wu is 8th generation lineage holder of the Mt. Emei Wu Qigong lineage, from which comes the Laohu Gong (Shamanic Tiger form).

love qi,