I cannot recall where, but there is mentioned in certain Daoist lineages that out there in the Cosmos, there is an actual star that corresponds to the essence in each and every human on this earth. Makes sense, since there are quite a few stars out there.

I've done some practice with stars and starlight before, and I find this a very profound aspect of Daoist practices. And in these times, to have your own star is...reassuring in some strange way.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

h

interesting :)

I have heard by another that we each have our own universe :)

I'm also interested in this; would you care to elaborate? :)

• Like 1

the week before i went to fredricksburg i had a very interesting exchange of information with the north star.

I would be intersted to hear more too , never heard about having an own star. How is it explained I wonder?

the week before i went to fredricksburg i had a very interesting exchange of information with the north star.

zerostao, care to share more? What information ? I am curious. :D

I'm also interested in this; would you care to elaborate? :)

Zhuang Tze said: "I live my own life to the satisfaction that I want and don't care what is out there. Therefore, what is inside me is my own universe."

Edited by ChiDragon

"zerostao, care to share more? What information ? I am curious. biggrin.gif "

some heirarchies and subtleties stuff. smile.gif

and how some "light particles" travel faster than light.

interesting :)

I have heard by another that we each have our own universe :)

On a retreat or in a book somewhere, I came across a practice of tuning in to your own star. It is a notion within some early Daoist sects that stars contain the essential spark of pure Yang Shen.

I've done meditations on stars or the starlit sky, and tuning into how all the stars were affecting the cavities and acu points, filling them with cosmic chi.

But the notion of there being a star that corresponds to each living soul, that I find compelling and very poetic.

h

Zhuang Tze said: "I live my own life to the satisfaction that I want and don't care what is out there. Therefore, what is inside me is my own universe."

The outer and inner, yes I know.

But as far as the Daoists embraced form and not only emptiness, stars are as esoteric as you can get no?

h

I see no boundaries or limitations

the evolution of consciousness

from an atom to a god

each having the divine spark/ blueprint within each of us ultimately we are to be gods / or universes

also in line with the so above, so below - so within, so without

the body being limited to this physical reality though the mind is unlimited... being able to encompass the entire universe

.. there is an interesting visualization technique

trying to imagine the entire universe

generally when one does this one is outside of this imagining of the universe / an observer of the totality/ absolute

how can one be outside of the totality/ absolute?

Even from a mundane POV we are our own universe / reality that is us or what we imagine ourselves to be

all speculation