ChiDragon

Tai Ji Fast Form -- Fa Jin Demo

Fast Tai Ji is learn to Fa Jin.

Please feel free to question or comment.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

good find!

I'm a Xingyi guy and I noticed a lot of similarities in how he is issuing force...well, from what I can see as an outsider looking in. (You never really know what is going on "internally".)

Good form, really enjoyed it.

Train Hard,

Josh Skinner

If you take a look at the website shown

www.dinamik.hr

you will see that this is yet another "Hard Style" enthusiast attempting to add Tai Chi to their list of arts taught.

The Shaolin outfit tends to be something of a giveaway.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 1

It is interesting! Reminds me a little of snake art. I prefer this to normal Tai Ji, here at least he is practicing his extension of internal power. Which is the right way, soft and hard together make the balance. Although there is no practice within the form of internal development that builds power inside the body, it is only fa jin type movement.

It is interesting! Reminds me a little of snake art. I prefer this to normal Tai Ji, here at least he is practicing his extension of internal power. Which is the right way, soft and hard together make the balance. Although there is no practice within the form of internal development that builds power inside the body, it is only fa jin type movement.

Yes, you are right about that "there is no practice within the form of internal development that builds power inside the body"; but did you know that the internal development was done in the basic movements level. He has passed that basic level and he is now at the next higher level which is Fast Tai Ji. This is the level where he practices Fa Jin.... wink.gif

Edited by ChiDragon

If you take a look at the website shown

www.dinamik.hr

you will see that this is yet another "Hard Style" enthusiast attempting to add Tai Chi to their list of arts taught.

The Shaolin outfit tends to be something of a giveaway.

Well, I am glad that you are at least familiar with one thing. The outfit overweight the practicing style.

Did you know the legend about Cheng Shan Feng(張三豐)....??? Once he was started as a disciple in the Shaolin Temple. However, his thinking was revoking the martial art concepts in the Shaolin Temple. Finally, he was kicked out from Shaolin. After that, he went to the Wudong Mountain. While he was crying and saw a bird and a snake were fighting out of the window. Then, he was just realized the concept of Yin-Yang and found his own style was know as Tai Ji Chuan.

Nowadays, Tai Ji is very popular internationally and Shalin becomes very commercialized. So they added Tai Ji to their list of martial arts to teach the world too.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

I made the snake connection too, I think it really shows here.

Is there any difference in fa jins? I mean is this man doing the same fa jin as the tai chi player?

• Like 1

aaaaaaa Bajiquan

I would like to do it instead of all the taichis and baguas but...

the floor in my house is made of wood and I would break it :lol:

HORSE STANCE HURRRRRRRRRRR

Is there any difference in fa jins? I mean is this man doing the same fa jin as the tai chi player?

jaysahnztao, that was brilliant, this guy has a nicely developed dan tien if ever I saw one, thanks.

ChiDragon, it can be argued that tai chi is just slow kung fu, but tai chi is also about internal development of chi, while kung fu, it could be argued, is about its expression in force. It really doesn't matter, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him, is he your student?

Astralc

Astralc

hehehe.....No, he is not my student. He wears a Shaolin uniform. I think he is taken lessons in China.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Yes, this man is doing the same fa jin as the tai chi player

ChiDragon, it can be argued that tai chi is just slow kung fu, but tai chi is also about internal development of chi.

Astralc

When it comes to Tai Ji, I have a lot to say. Yes, it is not arguable that Tai Ji is a slow Kung Fu but only in the first level. There was no doubt that the first level was internal development of Chi if you want to call it that. Actually, the proper term was called Jin(勁). After the development of Jin in the body, then go to the second level as Fast Tai Ji. This level is to enhance the Jin in the muscles by learning to Fa Jin. Fa Jin literally means let the Jin out or release the Jin. Letting the Jin out is one thing, letting out how much at a time is another. Controlling to release the amount of Jin is very important. One thing was to release the right amount only suffice to accomplish the task; so the Jin energy was not wasted.

In a combat situation is how much damage does one wants to disable the opponent. A moderate amount will keep the opponent away. A more moderate amount can cause a little harm. Finally, a full thrust can be fatal and cause death to the opponent. This is straightly under the mental control of the practitioner. Indeed, I was warned by my teacher to be careful who I push after years of Tai Ji practice. I may not know my own strength. Especially, playing with children. Hence, controlling the releasing amount of Jin is very important.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Yes, this man is doing the same fa jin as the tai chi player

Thanks for the answer. I was of the same opinion.

Thanks for the answer. I was of the same opinion.

I have more to said about the two practitioners. Even though they both are doing Fa Jin, however, there is a nuance here. Have you notice that the whole body of Ba ji Chuan is doing Fa Jin; while the body of the Tai Ji Chuan is more relaxing....??? For those who practice Tai Ji, that is what 'sung' was all about.

The Tai Ji practitioner is only Fa Jin, emphasized, in the arms and legs because it is the Yang style.

For your interest, the BaJi Chuan is similar to the Chen Style Tai Ji. The Chen Tai Ji Fa Jin is within the whole body too. That was the uniqueness of the Chen Style. Next time if you happen to be watching the Chen style, please observe the extra wiggle in the body movements.

• Like 2

Is there any difference in fa jins?

To a degree, yes. But there are only so many ways the human body can express force. So, you're bound to see some overlap

Train Hard,

Josh Skinner

• Like 1