Owledge

Shops for unconventional fantasy fashion?

I was wondering: Do you know of online shops where clothes are sold that are not meant for LARP/costume purposes, but more practical, meant for showing an unconventional look in everyday life? I mean, in SF/fantasy in movie and TV, there are so many examples of clothing that is really innovative, and in the real world you see very much the mainstream only, and ironically, even the supposed fringe groups thus become part of the mainstream (like goth clothes for example).

I feel it would add a lot of magic to everyday life if people could disconnect from the latest-fashion-doctrine, but that needs support from the supplier side, too.

Movie/TV producers show that there are so many nice things that can be done with fashion without making someone look like wearing a costume.

I don't like the conventional idea that you should basically wear the same things as everyone else to be fashionable. I don't shop for clothes on line, but find some unique interesting things at thrift and vintage shops. Even if I had unlimited funds, I'd still shop there. My other suggestion is learn to sew, even if you don't design and create your own outfits, it is very useful to be able to do some basic repairs and tailor things the way you want them.

• Like 1