Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Where would this viewpoint lead you?

"Birds of a feather flock together."

We do try to be around people with a similar mindset.

But what of those who find themselves in situations where they may be surrounded by negativity? Emergency Services, Social Workers,Politicians. They would need to learn to deal with the negativity of others rather than simply avoid it.

Hi Chang. :) I think this bum's comment today is appropriate here:

"Put a man in an asshole-free environment, and he'll be happy until he leaves that environment.

Teach a man how to deal with assholes, and he will never need an asshole-free environment again."

:)

Edited by Chang
  • Like 1

I think Teach a Man not to BE an asshole and he'll never need an asshole-free environment again.

• Like 1

Oh, how I loathe political correctness :D, but......how about teach a person not to be an asshole and s/he'll never need an asshole-free environment again? :D:D

Assholes are just part of the general human condition

where would we be without them?

I have seen the enemy, and he is me!

:)

• Like 2

Oh, how I loathe political correctness :D, but......how about teach a person not to be an asshole and s/he'll never need an asshole-free environment again? :D:D

No, I think it's exclusively a male thing :lol::lol:

But, assholes are so amusing.

People who make you less than happy aren't necessarily assholes. What if your friend is sick or has troubles, if you have compassion this probably makes you feel at least a little sad. But it would take a real asshole to not tolerate the bona fide troubled person who causes them to feel less than happy. Or if someone questions you or has a different opinion that is troubling, this could be potential opportunity for discussion or introspection, not a reason to avoid them and think they are an asshole. So I am not sure if the original picture and saying is about avoiding assholes or a suggestion for a way to be one yourself.

"One you read Tao Te Ching and read many nice positive quotes, everything else must be about assholes" :lol:

Sign in to follow this