effilang

Leading Qi with your finger nails.

Hello Guys,

Over the past years i've noticed something that happens on a daily basis and sometimes in special occasions.

Most commonly when i am about to pee, i scratch my bladder.

When i am about to poop i scratch my lower back in the area of the colon.

It's one of those things that happens automatically, and you don't notice it until you shift your attention.

After some time i got curious about this and started experimenting myself, with rubbing as opposed to scratching with the nails. IME there is something about the property of nails that can lead Qi very quickly to that area.

Before i go to sleep i also naturally begin to scratch myself. In this case it is normally around the kidneys, liver and solar plexus. Almost like the body is preparing itself for something. I can't quite put my finger on it yet. No pun intended laugh.gif

Nowadays i scratch whenever i want to help lead my attention and Qi somewhere.

Either way. Has anyone observed this during scratching with the structure of the nails?

blink.gif

• Like 2

Hello Guys,

Over the past years i've noticed something that happens on a daily basis and sometimes in special occasions.

It's one of those things that happens automatically, and you don't notice it until you shift your attention.

After some time i got curious about this and started experimenting myself, with rubbing as opposed to scratching with the nails. IME there is something about the property of nails that can lead Qi very quickly to that area.

Before i go to sleep i also naturally begin to scratch myself. In this case it is normally around the kidneys, liver and solar plexus. Almost like the body is preparing itself for something. I can't quite put my finger on it yet. No pun intended laugh.gif

Either way. Has anyone observed this during scratching with the structure of the nails?

blink.gif

Could this "chi" be awareness of the blood flow through the veins, and the magnetic field caused by this flowing and the electromagnetic field of the earth?

Then yes, if you scratch you may get increased blood flow to the area.

Edited by Informer

There was a French researcher who advised everyone to give themselves a quick all-over scratching with the fingernails first thing in the morning, and then at least once again during the day. The rationale: about qi he didn't know anything so he never brought that up, but he brought up prostaglandins which are released in response to this kind of stimulation. Prostaglandins are hormone-like substances that can take on a plethora of functions on an as-needed basis, they are more immediate in their response to many stimuli, are produced fast and removed from the system also fast, while your endocrine glands might still be "thinking about it" before the fact or "cleaning up the mess" after. They are part of what should be termed "alertness of the body," its abilitiy to pay attention to the needs of the moment.

There's a massage place in the Asian part of my neck-of-woods where they give excellent and cheap massages (you won't believe how cheap -- people who work there don't speak English and there's many competing businesses of this kind in the vicinity, that must be the reason). They usually start by placing your feet in a bucket of hot water and working on your head, and for a couple of minutes they actually scratch you behind the ears with their fingernails, the way you would a cat. Exquisite! :lol:

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

blink.gif

When you feel into the body it moves the qi to your awareness. touching the body is a technique many people use to help them learn how to move qi, kineticly.

Read about these rollers here: Lyapko.

roller_facial_small.jpg

Applicators, designed by reflexologist Lyapko N. G. (Ukraine) are intended to be widely used in complex therapy and to prevent different illnesses and pathological states. It is a wonderful means to save and improve your health.

Having taken as a foundation the Chinese method of influence on the biologically active points and zones with a needle bundle (mej-hua-tchen), doctor Lyapko applied his unique technology, according to which many-needle applicators and special needles are made of various metals and metal coatings (cooper, zinc, iron, nickel, silver), and then arranged them in a certain order on the rubber base. This helped to increase and diverse the number of factors affecting the skin and to augment therapeutic and healing effect.

The applicators can be used in medical institutions, health-improvement centers and sanatoriums.

Somewhat besotted with these super efficient fingernails.

• Like 1

Read about these rollers here: Lyapko.

Somewhat besotted with these super efficient fingernails.

Hi Cat
I've been rolling my eyes about these things for a couple years now, but your post definitely has made me curious! What do you notice using these things? Do you recommend a special brand? The most useful tool to start with?

Thanks,
cheya

(I'm starting to think that I need to see my "eye-rolling" response to anything as a definite cue to look further into it! So many great parts of my life seem to start with me rolling my eyes about it!)

Hi Cat

I've been rolling my eyes about these things for a couple years now, but your post definitely has made me curious! What do you notice using these things? Do you recommend a special brand? The most useful tool to start with?

Thanks,

Adeha

(I'm starting to think that I need to see my "eye-rolling" response to anything as a definite cue to look further into it! So many great parts of my life seem to start with me rolling my eyes about it!)

LOL! When I first read your post, I thought you were saying that you had been rolling one of these needle-rollers on your eyes rather than that you had been rolling your eyes.

Greetings from Black Mountain, BTW...

LOL! When I first read your post, I thought you were saying that you had been rolling one of these needle-rollers on your eyes rather than that you had been rolling your eyes.

Greetings from Black Mountain, BTW...

Hi Seeker,
Too funny! I'm gonna get one of those facial rollers on the site Cat linked to, and then I will be "rolling my eyes" for real! Well, *around* my eyes anyway...

Nice to know some TaoBums are so close!

cheya

Hi Seeker,

Too funny! I'm gonna get one of those facial rollers on the site Cat linked to, and then I will be "rolling my eyes" for real! Well, *around* my eyes anyway...

Nice to know some TaoBums are so close!

Adeha

Hey Guys,

Very cool observations, I see connections also with dry skin brushing, which some teachers also recommend as an adjunct to regular qigong practice. I may need to dust off my brush and hit the reset.

R

There was a French researcher who advised everyone to give themselves a quick all-over scratching with the fingernails first thing in the morning, and then at least once again during the day. The rationale: about qi he didn't know anything so he never brought that up, but he brought up prostaglandins which are released in response to this kind of stimulation. Prostaglandins are hormone-like substances that can take on a plethora of functions on an as-needed basis, they are more immediate in their response to many stimuli, are produced fast and removed from the system also fast, while your endocrine glands might still be "thinking about it" before the fact or "cleaning up the mess" after. They are part of what should be termed "alertness of the body," its abilitiy to pay attention to the needs of the moment.

There's a massage place in the Asian part of my neck-of-woods where they give excellent and cheap massages (you won't believe how cheap -- people who work there don't speak English and there's many competing businesses of this kind in the vicinity, that must be the reason). They usually start by placing your feet in a bucket of hot water and working on your head, and for a couple of minutes they actually scratch you behind the ears with their fingernails, the way you would a cat. Exquisite! :lol:

" scratch you behind the ears" - yes I know what you're talking about:-) I always did that for my best ex BF (I found it a bit animalish but he was very happy with it:-)). At the time I discarded it for myself (he extolled the pleasures of scratchiness here and there) because I figured I was 'too polite'. Hahahaha.