寒月 Hanyue

A Question from Bubbles

What do you practice from energyarts and how do you articulate it with SM system?

Moved from here, http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23696-%26%2336798%3B%26%2325705%3B%26%2320808%3B%26%2322825%3B%26%2321151%3B-damobodhidharmas-xian-tian-gong/page__view__findpost__p__343964

I used to be a quiet person. In my late teens I found a voice and as far as those close to me would say, haven't shut up since! :lol: I am often verbose, and there are times when it can be helpful and times when it is not.

I have been asked the second part of this question a lot, in pm, in e-mail, and in person. It is an interesting question.

My view is my view, it is not that of my teachers, while at the same time I do not feel it is contradictory to their view either.

So the first part first.

From the Frantzis Energy Arts System I have been taught;

Dragon & Tiger Qigong

Opening the energy gates neigong

Marriage of Heaven & Earth neigong

Gods playing in the Clouds neigong

Longevity Breathing

Qigong Tuina

Daoist Meditation (inner and outer dissolving)

I have learned others things but not in depth. I view the system from the perspective of the 16 layers or aspects of neigong, the individual sets were formulated as a way for you to learn the 16 layers. Thesedays, many people I've met are engaged with trying to learn the sets rather then what the sets are there to teach you. I have also learned aspects that would normally be a part of 'Spiralling the energy body neigong' and 'Bend the bow neigong'. I have also learned part of the Wu style taiji from Liu, which is a much more complex way to play with all the neigong layers.

As for the second part,

well I used to find it easier to answer this. Thesedays I find it harder. Yuanfen played a role in my involvement with both, and my own personal 'evolution' has meant I don't see or feel contradiction (not the same as seeing where there are differences or similarities). The aims and teaching methodology is quite different. The experience of studying the one is not the same as learning the other. Yet there is a 'heart' that feels very very similar to me. So while for me I have experienced what I have, for others I think it would be quite different. It would be easier to answer specifics (save me waffling on), if you have a specific question about the two I'll give it a go answering. Just remember it is only my view and speculation :)

Best regards,

• Like 2

Hi Snowmonki, do you still practice any of the Bruce Frantzis stuff now alongside SM?

Moved from here, http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23696-%26%2336798%3B%26%2325705%3B%26%2320808%3B%26%2322825%3B%26%2321151%3B-damobodhidharmas-xian-tian-gong/page__view__findpost__p__343964

I used to be a quiet person. In my late teens I found a voice and as far as those close to me would say, haven't shut up since! :lol: I am often verbose, and there are times when it can be helpful and times when it is not.

I have been asked the second part of this question a lot, in pm, in e-mail, and in person. It is an interesting question.

My view is my view, it is not that of my teachers, while at the same time I do not feel it is contradictory to their view either.

So the first part first.

From the Frantzis Energy Arts System I have been taught;

Dragon & Tiger Qigong

Opening the energy gates neigong

Marriage of Heaven & Earth neigong

Gods playing in the Clouds neigong

Longevity Breathing

Qigong Tuina

Daoist Meditation (inner and outer dissolving)

I have learned others things but not in depth. I view the system from the perspective of the 16 layers or aspects of neigong, the individual sets were formulated as a way for you to learn the 16 layers. Thesedays, many people I've met are engaged with trying to learn the sets rather then what the sets are there to teach you. I have also learned aspects that would normally be a part of 'Spiralling the energy body neigong' and 'Bend the bow neigong'. I have also learned part of the Wu style taiji from Liu, which is a much more complex way to play with all the neigong layers.

As for the second part,

well I used to find it easier to answer this. Thesedays I find it harder. Yuanfen played a role in my involvement with both, and my own personal 'evolution' has meant I don't see or feel contradiction (not the same as seeing where there are differences or similarities). The aims and teaching methodology is quite different. The experience of studying the one is not the same as learning the other. Yet there is a 'heart' that feels very very similar to me. So while for me I have experienced what I have, for others I think it would be quite different. It would be easier to answer specifics (save me waffling on), if you have a specific question about the two I'll give it a go answering. Just remember it is only my view and speculation :)

Best regards,

Thank you for your answer.

I have no problem with verbose people, in my own native language, I am one of those. :)

I have no specific questions because I have only vague ideas about these two systems,although I have bought some material from both systems but they appear quite different as far as their respective flavor can be perceived from an exterior view.

But I will ponder over it, and if I find myself with more specific questions, I will post them here.

All the best,

Hi Snowmonki, do you still practice any of the Bruce Frantzis stuff now alongside SM?

I'm going to be a little controversial because that is the mood that takes me this morning laugh.gif

Master Hu Yaozhen

I

Master Fenq Zhiqiang

I

Bruce Frantzis??

Master Hu was one of Master Feng's two primary teachers. Jingdonggong lies beneath the system of Hunyuan neigong that Master Feng developed, which underlies his system of xinyi hunyuan taiji (just read Master Feng explaining taiji!!!). Bruce studied chansigong, Hunyuan neigong and Chen style taiji with Master Feng not only in the eighties, but even after Liu Hongjie died Bruce went back to continue studying Hunyuan neigong and Chen taiji with Master Feng in the nineties and last year.

I have had the joy of learning the Hunyuan system in Beijing, then elsewhere. Out of all the neijia, qigong, neigong I have played with over the years I found the Hunyuan system to be the closest I have done to Bruce's neigong in its flavour and approach. At the time I only knew Bruce had studied Chen style in the early eighties with Master Feng. But now I see a much deeper influence upon Bruce and how he does and teaches his neigong.

Is Bruce explicitly familiar with jingdonggong?, I would say no, is he teaching it? certainly not. But does he feel a deep affinity and affection for and been deeply influenced by one of Master Hu's main and highly accomplished students, oh yes. Am I creating my own picture out of the dots I see? maybe biggrin.gif

Best,

Edited by snowmonki