3bob

"the eater of death"

When death be the eater of death then death be no more ... thats why it seeks to consume life...

Why would anyone seek freedom from birth and eternity?

Indeed "one cannot overcome death unless one resorts to the Supreme Being"... who gives us life in abundance: joyous happy fulfilling existence (without death nor diseases nor suffering). The supreme being can give us many graces including peace, love, wisdom, understanding, transmigration, transfiguration and more. Live this moment full of love, happily ever after... there can be freedom in life, the great Reality is realized by realizing the great reality instant by instant. Why cultivate death by wondering who is the death of death? Which is Death! When one can cultivate life by wondering who is the life of life ? and living every instant with abundance of life.

The Supreme Being, the Eternal, the Absolute, He is the giver of life, and only He has the absolute key.

• Like 1

When death be the eater of death then death be no more ... thats why it seeks to consume life...

Why would anyone seek freedom from birth and eternity?

Indeed "one cannot overcome death unless one resorts to the Supreme Being"... who gives us life in abundance: joyous happy fulfilling existence (without death nor diseases nor suffering). The supreme being can give us many graces including peace, love, wisdom, understanding, transmigration, transfiguration and more. Live this moment full of love, happily ever after... there can be freedom in life, the great Reality is realized by realizing the great reality instant by instant. Why cultivate death by wondering who is the death of death? Which is Death! When one can cultivate life by wondering who is the life of life ? and living every instant with abundance of life.

The Supreme Being, the Eternal, the Absolute, He is the giver of life, and only He has the absolute key.

et-thoughts,

That sounds like a well-meaning Christian type of correlation which I can appreciate to some degree... but imo it does not really match up with this upanishad and what I hear as commentary from a Self-realized being which imo has no "wondering" or doubt to it. (being that the questions posed are used in a rhetorical way) Btw, it also sounds like you have taken some liberties in changing the wording of the quote to fit the meaning you hold -which I think would be more Kosher if specifically noted as your interpretation.

(edit 6:00am)

Om

Edited by 3bob

@ 3bob

Very interesting post.

Thank you. :)

B) Glad it was of interest.

B) Glad it was of interest.

Thanks 3bob :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this what you're saying?

Trusting The One

What you now have to do is to take up His invitation and go on seeing your way Home to Him till your seeing becomes much more than seeing. Till it ripens into trusting wholeheartedly the only One that's absolutely trustworthy, and merging whole-heartedly into the only One that can really be merged into. (Douglas Harding.)

et-thoughts,

That sounds like a well-meaning Christian type of correlation which I can appreciate to some degree... but imo it does not really match up with this upanishad and what I hear as commentary from a Self-realized being which imo has no "wondering" or doubt to it. (being that the questions posed are used in a rhetorical way) Btw, it also sounds like you have taken some liberties in changing the wording of the quote to fit the meaning you hold -which I think would be more Kosher if specifically noted as your interpretation.

(edit 6:00am)

Om

Indeed what I stated does not really match up with the upanishad and the commentaries of some Self-realized beings ... the questions posed are rhetorical in that the answer is quite evident. Look some think to know stuff with full certainty when they should be wondering about it a bit more... or at least as you state specifically note that it is their interpretation of stuff... Everyone takes liberties to fit the meaning that they choose to what is said and few recognize it openly.

Indeed what I stated does not really match up with the upanishad and the commentaries of some Self-realized beings ... the questions posed are rhetorical in that the answer is quite evident. Look some think to know stuff with full certainty when they should be wondering about it a bit more... or at least as you state specifically note that it is their interpretation of stuff... Everyone takes liberties to fit the meaning that they choose to what is said and few recognize it openly.

Consider that if the answer(s) or interpretation was the same and thus "quite self evident" then it also follows that a "match-up" would have been made without changes or alternate lines of interpretation which is your right to do so for yourself. Whereas in my case I agree with the lines as originally quoted.

Trusting The One

What you now have to do is to take up His invitation and go on seeing your way Home to Him till your seeing becomes much more than seeing. Till it ripens into trusting wholeheartedly the only One that's absolutely trustworthy, and merging whole-heartedly into the only One that can really be merged into. (Douglas Harding.)

I'd have to take a further look into the context and connotation of where the author you quoted is coming from, along with understandings of particular word definitions. Anyway, I can dig the drift alluded to above.

In Hinduism there is the saying that, "Jiva is Siva". Further info: http://www.saivism.net/articles/patipasu.asp

Trusting The One

I'd have to take a further look into the context and connotation of where the author you quoted is coming from, along with understandings of particular word definitions. Anyway, I can dig the drift alluded to above.

In Hinduism there is the saying that, "Jiva is Siva". Further info: http://www.saivism.net/articles/patipasu.asp

Consider that if the answer(s) or interpretation was the same and thus "quite self evident" then it also follows that a "match-up" would have been made without changes or alternate lines of interpretation which is your right to do so for yourself. Whereas in my case I agree with the lines as originally quoted.

Consider that if the answer(s) or interpretation was the same and thus "quite self evident" ...

then it follows that the claim in my case I agree with the lines as originally quoted would be rather meaningless... given that the answer(s) or interpretation put forth be the same, each "quite self evident" ...

It follows that the answer(s) or interpretation be quite different...

One only actually has the right to make changes or put forth alternate lines of interpretation when that will help establish the truth... though some choose to change that to mean help establish their truth... for the record my interest lies with establishing the truth of the matter... whomever needs to correct themselves let them correct themselves... whomever be right be right regardless of others recognizing it or not...

Consider that if the answer(s) or interpretation was the same and thus "quite self evident" ...

then it follows that the claim in my case I agree with the lines as originally quoted would be rather meaningless... given that the answer(s) or interpretation put forth be the same, each "quite self evident" ...

It follows that the answer(s) or interpretation be quite different...

One only actually has the right to make changes or put forth alternate lines of interpretation when that will help establish the truth... though some choose to change that to mean help establish their truth... for the record my interest lies with establishing the truth of the matter... whomever needs to correct themselves let them correct themselves... whomever be right be right regardless of others recognizing it or not...

Do you have a fundamentalist Christian view? If so I'm not converting.

You have a good point, waveform writing is meant to be subjective, and hold multiple and deeper meanings than appear on the surface, compared to particle writing which is strictly objective interpretation and singular meaning.

Do you have a fundamentalist Christian view? If so I'm not converting.

What does it matter which view of the elephant one has, the one who know the elephant understands why each claims what they claim based on what they view. To answer your question directly... NO! My interest resides in enriching understandings ...

What does it matter which view of the elephant one has, the one who know the elephant understands why each claims what they claim based on what they view. To answer your question directly... NO! My interest resides in enriching understandings ...

I take that as being more or less a contradiction of your previous statement of: "One only actually has the right to make changes or put forth alternate lines of interpretation when that will help establish the truth..." (that's quite a set-up)

You have a good point, waveform writing is meant to be subjective, and hold multiple and deeper meanings than appear on the surface, compared to particle writing which is strictly objective interpretation and singular meaning.

Hey thanks for stating what you did... liked it and am

intrigued by the notion of 'waveform writing' and 'particle writing'...

Your appreciation that what I write holds true and has multiple and 'deeper' meanings than appear on the surface relates quite well to some of the work I been doing... if you can and want please elaborate a bit more on what you meant by 'waveform writing' I would appreciate it... as is I already appreciate the distinctions you put forth... I would just like to point that the waveform writing I do seeks to be applied to all and each one... its both objective and subjective. It a bit complicated to explain maybe an example will clarify it a bit... The sustainable-desirable-congruent with life ways give each abundantly what they want with The sustainable-desirable-congruent with life ways. Those who desire the unsustainable-incongruent-undesirable find The sustainable-desirable-congruent with life ways unsustainable-incongruent-undesirable ;-)

Thanks you given me food for thought will look into 'waveform writing'...

I take that as being more or less a contradiction of your previous statement of: "One only actually has the right to make changes or put forth alternate lines of interpretation when that will help establish the truth..." (that's quite a set-up)

Let me seek and clarify the point I made... with an example... A wants to smoke in someplace, B does not want to smoke in someplace... only B actually has the right to make changes and demand that his right be respected... because that will help establish the true better ways of being... Another example could be 'slavery'... for those who propose slavery can become slaves of those who propose freedoms... if they so please to have slaves...

I do not see the contradiction you saw...

Let me seek and clarify the point I made... with an example... A wants to smoke in someplace, B does not want to smoke in someplace... only B actually has the right to make changes and demand that his right be respected... because that will help establish the true better ways of being... Another example could be 'slavery'... for those who propose slavery can become slaves of those who propose freedoms... if they so please to have slaves...

I do not see the contradiction you saw...

Maybe the Creator give "B" the right to make changes because the Creator thinks that B's way of living and thinking is much more morally righteous and purer than A's?

As I said before in another thread, if a King or Emperor is as morally righteous and enlightened as the Buddha and he does not impose hardship out of pure selfish desires but only because he want the general populace to evolve and be the purest best beings they can be, then such a noble, enlightened, morally righteous king should have the right to control the masses as slaves.

However, if a king or emperor behave like tyrants of the past who enjoy debauchery and lots of women, sex, alcohol drugs, then such a person only deserve to be a dog and doesn't deserve to control the masses.

Maybe the Creator give "B" the right to make changes because the Creator thinks that B's way of living and thinking is much more morally righteous and purer than A's?

As I said before in another thread, if a King or Emperor is as morally righteous and enlightened as the Buddha and he does not impose hardship out of pure selfish desires but only because he want the general populace to evolve and be the purest best beings they can be, then such a noble, enlightened, morally righteous king should have the right to control the masses as slaves.

However, if a king or emperor behave like tyrants of the past who enjoy debauchery and lots of women, sex, alcohol drugs, then such a person only deserve to be a dog and doesn't deserve to control the masses.

The noble, enlightened, morally righteous king with the just power to control the masses would use other merciful means quite different to brutal force of enslavement... allowing each the freedom to choose if to live within the bounds of truth wisdom and love or within the clutches of deception illusion and hate... paradoxically providing each with abundant care sustenance love... and every imaginable possibility. The deceived just would not know it... Though the proposition put forth here involves a much humbler stance where a single voice of truth suffices to direct and silence the slanderous ways once and for all. The peasant with the voice of truth suffices to silence the slanderous rulers... I realize that the challenge can reside in actually recognizing the way of truth... which by the way need not involve the ways of lies... that is the duality of good-bad is not required in the ways of truth... those who know what be the truth need not know any lies...

The noble, enlightened, morally righteous king with the just power to control the masses would use other merciful means quite different to brutal force of enslavement... allowing each the freedom to choose if to live within the bounds of truth wisdom and love or within the clutches of deception illusion and hate... paradoxically providing each with abundant care sustenance love... and every imaginable possibility. The deceived just would not know it... Though the proposition put forth here involves a much humbler stance where a single voice of truth suffices to direct and silence the slanderous ways once and for all. The peasant with the voice of truth suffices to silence the slanderous rulers... I realize that the challenge can reside in actually recognizing the way of truth... which by the way need not involve the ways of lies... that is the duality of good-bad is not required in the ways of truth... those who know what be the truth need not know any lies...

The noble, enlightened, morally righteous king with no desires for power or women or pleasures of the world would treat the monks and nuns of this world, the meek ones who are totally against the slave-like materialistic reality of this planet, with mercy and kindness and abundance.

However, with the devils and demons of this world who insist on Lust and Greed and Debauchery and other Sins of life, the King shalt give no mercy.

When there is life, there will always be Death.

The only way to erase the concept of Death would be to erase the concept of life itself.

Where there is only life, there will never be death...

the death of death makes the concept of death die and become just a past memory ... the concept of life itself can exists and expand ... by itself, with others... at infinitum...There are other ways to erase the concept of Death though I am more interested to cultivate the concepts of life itself... which eventually will be the only stuff around... actually there will be other stuff around filled with life and only life...

Where there is only life, there will never be death...

the death of death makes the concept of death die and become just a past memory ... the concept of life itself can exists and expand ... by itself, with others... at infinitum...There are other ways to erase the concept of Death though I am more interested to cultivate the concepts of life itself... which eventually will be the only stuff around... actually there will be other stuff around filled with life and only life...

There will always be Death and life will never ever be permanent.

Because as a caterpillar has to "die" in order to become a butterfly, if a sentient being stays locked in "life" forever without dying, then that sentient being can never evolve!

The noble, enlightened, morally righteous king with no desires for power or women or pleasures of the world would treat the monks and nuns of this world, the meek ones who are totally against the slave-like materialistic reality of this planet, with mercy and kindness and abundance.

However, with the devils and demons of this world who insist on Lust and Greed and Debauchery and other Sins of life, the King shalt give no mercy.

Oh I am sure the king will put them in a place made just for them to be and if they repent and seek forgiveness will show them divine mercy... I An open their eyes to see the truth of the place and experiences that they be in...

There will always be Death and life will never ever be permanent.

Because as a caterpillar has to "die" in order to become a butterfly, if a sentient being stays locked in "life" forever without dying, then that sentient being can never evolve!

That what you think though evidently there be possibilities that you reject and just can accept rather than embracing the reality that the caterpillar evolves into a butterfly living throughout the process ... now imagine the butterfly transmuting divinely into the next stage...