On 7/4/2012 at 4:37 PM, Immortal4life said:

These factors have been proven to be the same in all human cultures, anywhere in the world. For example it is known that in Africa, the culture has made men inclined to prefer more curvy and voluptuous women, where in America often men prefer skinny model type women. However, whether you prefer skinny or voluptuous, the hip to waist ratio must be the same.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 1

Hip to waist ratio preference has been shown to not be the same in all human cultures anywhere in the world.

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~hbe-lab/acrobatfiles/preferred%20waist.pdf

Sure, there are some widespread preferences, but I actually think the outliers are more interesting. It's sort of beautiful that for even those with odd shapes or features there's probably someone out there who is into that difference. I am into hands, but not pristine hand model hands at all, to me old people and working people have amazingly beautiful hands.

And I think we have a published study that could debunk the one Immortal4 is referring to thanks to Zanshin and Harvard (wwoh, big authority there:-))

I love science, don't get me wrong:-)

I think there is a difference between what we find emotionally attractive, and what makes our "nether body parts" go SCHWING without our having control over that. :)

You can love someone and find them attractive on various levels, but they don't turn you on sexually that easily, so, you turn yourself on by using mental subterfuge and leading yourself. But a total stranger bumps into you on the bus or sidewalk, and you have an instantaneous sexual turn-on. What could that be? My guess is pheromones in the guise of body aroma or other substances that you aren't consciously aware of, and visual cues that are wired into our lizard brains and go back into antiquity -- also a thing we aren't consciously aware of. That person can make you go SHA-WIIIING, but if you got to know them, their personality might be a turnoff to you. You go back to your spouse whom you love for who they are, and use mental self-persuasion instead of pheromones to get aroused.

"Animal magnatism" is totally based in physiologics of our sexual wiring; human attraction is a complex layer of much more.

The biggest thing holding back humanity throughout the ages is ignorance. When we can remove the veil of ignorance and see reality for what it is, and not how we want to see it, and when we can eliminate idealism, subjective values, and societal conditioning, we can live a much more successful, winning, dominant, and free life.

Well said.

So, is Obama real or a hoax?

And I think we have a published study that could debunk the one Immortal4 is referring to thanks to Zanshin and Harvard (wwoh, big authority there:-))

I love science, don't get me wrong:-)

Not really. From the article itself...... "We recognize that 2 societies do not make a strong case"

Also, even though there is a small difference between the African and North American preferences, it is not a huge difference, and it still falls in the general range of preferred hip to waist ratio.

• Like 1