fizix

Electric Daisy Carnival

"North America's largest electronic dance music and arts festival experience returns to Las Vegas for summer 2012!

The 16th Anniversary of Electric Daisy Carnival promises a larger-than-life adventure where you, the fans, are welcomed to explore, create, connect and celebrate together with us.

For three nights, we invite you to dance, dream and discover inside a landscape crafted just for you. This year will feature several fully immersive art environments, seven state-of-the-art stage productions, a photo booth contest seeking out the most creatively dressed participants, and an endless sea of full-sized carnival rides, theatrical performances and unexpected surprises.

See you soon beneath the glittering desert sky!

Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas
Friday, Saturday & Sunday ::: June 8 - 10, 2012
The Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Journey with us: www.electricdaisycarnival.com
Follow us: @EDC_LasVegas"

I'm curious if any bums have any experiences at EDC or similar events. If unfamiliar, think "Burning Man" Rave on Ecstasy. I live in Las Vegas and actually work on the strip, and similar to last year when it came to town, there are myriad colorful characters (240,000 attended last year) running around in all sorts of crazy getup...the vibe is one of supposed "PLUR" (as they refer to it as: peace, love, unity, respect) that's apparently what its supposed to be all about...yet then there are those who are throwing firecrackers out of their cars on the strip at LV locals (some people think no one 'real' actually lives in Vegas?) and also selling dangerous drugs such as Ecstasy to way-underage kids..EDC 2010 in LA a 15 year old overdosed on E. In a way it all seems like a huge guise to just get high, act belligerent and mindlessly fornicate with randoms. Any thoughts? :)

In a way it all seems like a huge guise to just get high, act belligerent and mindlessly fornicate with randoms. Any thoughts? :)

That sounds about right to me. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of those stage productions. They can be really really cool.

Two weeks to the regional Burning Man in Michigan. I think its more about freedom and self expression then getting high, though for many that is part of it. Radical sharing and self sufficiency, creating art, hanging out, listening to music, watching fire dancers amidst bonfires little to building size.

There is nudity, fornicating, but little or no belligerence. Its probably lower key then EDC because its in a camping environment and mostly Midwesterners who tend to be mellow.

This year instead of beer, I'll set up a Murkish coffee bar, coffee mixed w/ cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger(?) coconut oil(?), I'll use my amazing but slow royal Belgian coffee maker that heats with alcohol to make it, ironically using an instant coffee so there's no clean up between loads.

Edited by thelerner

Two weeks to the regional Burning Man in Michigan. I think its more about freedom and self expression then getting high, though for many that is part of it. Radical sharing and self sufficiency, creating art, hanging out, listening to music, watching fire dancers amidst bonfires little to building size.

There is nudity, fornicating, but little or no belligerence. Its probably lower key then EDC because its in a camping environment and mostly Midwesterners who tend to be mellow.

This year instead of beer, I'll set up a Murkish coffee bar, coffee mixed w/ cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger(?) coconut oil(?), I'll use my amazing but slow royal Belgian coffee maker that heats with alcohol to make it, ironically using an instant coffee so there's no clean up between loads.

I've always wanted to go to Burning Man. Never been able to make it out there. Hopefully one day I can manage it, it'd be one hell of a life experience.

I'm tempted by Burning Man, Las Vegas and California (no especial order) and at the same time I reckon they are Mad places where I would lose my order. hahahaha. you think kundalini is something;-)

I've always wanted to go to Burning Man. Never been able to make it out there. Hopefully one day I can manage it, it'd be one hell of a life experience.

It's hard to get tickets to the main one. They had a lottery this year that sold out almost immediately versus 3 years ago when I bought them a week in advance. The regionals ( http://regionals.burningman.com/na_index.html ) are shorter local events that give a good taste of Burning Man light. Cheap too, I think the Michigan Burn is about $45.

Because people can't get to the big one the regionals are getting bigger and better.