Sign in to follow this  
Death to Human Ego

When is Freedom/Free Will a good thing?

Freedom/Free Will is a good thing for a world to have if that world is full of Enlightened Compassionate Pure Buddhas/Angels/Bodhisattvas.

Because these noble kind pure beings do not have the slightest intention of hurting others so even if you give these noble kind pure beings, you can be sure that they will use their compassion and wisdom to the best of their ability to do good things for themselves and for others.

Freedom/Free Will is a bad thing for a world to have if that world is full of Evil, Lustful, Sinful, Unenlightened, Impure Demons, Devils and Asuras.

Because these Evil, Impure, Unenlightened Demons, Devils and Asuras will do their best to commit evil against others at the first opportunity they have. So to grant these evil beings Freedom & Free Will would be akin to loosing man-eating tigers and lions in the streets of New York.

Freedom/ Free Will should be a privilege and not a right from now on. Especially for the beings in this world as there are too many evil, unenlightened demons, devils and asuras in this world.

It is a good thing 2012 is ending for many freedoms and free will will be taken away from the demons, devils and asuras of this world.

Edited by Death to Human Ego

Well!

Fair arguement. However, I totally disagree.

We all are born with free will. The freedoms we have are based on what freedoms others think we have.

Exercising our free will requires, IMO, that we accept resposnibility for all our thoughts and actions/inactions.

Regretfully, IMO, it are those who are trying to limit our freedoms and free will who are the greatest abusers of others. Oh, sure, they do their thing more covertly so that it doesn't look so bad but they have spent many years in schools learning how to control and take advantage of others.

The more laws a nation has the more criminals that nations will have. (Paraphrased from Chuang Tzu.)

• Like 2

I am not sure if we have free will. I guess, I would inquire into this. It seems like a construct of ego and language that we can "do" anything at all.

Though, I'd say we have the free will to understand who we are. Which, is saying a lot.

Well!

Fair arguement. However, I totally disagree.

We all are born with free will. The freedoms we have are based on what freedoms others think we have.

Exercising our free will requires, IMO, that we accept resposnibility for all our thoughts and actions/inactions.

Regretfully, IMO, it are those who are trying to limit our freedoms and free will who are the greatest abusers of others. Oh, sure, they do their thing more covertly so that it doesn't look so bad but they have spent many years in schools learning how to control and take advantage of others.

The more laws a nation has the more criminals that nations will have. (Paraphrased from Chuang Tzu.)

I used to think like you too.

But do you realize that most of the kings, emperors, presidents, prime ministers and czars in the history of this world are Demonic/Devil Kings/Emperors.

I would rather have an Angelic Buddha King/Emperor ruling over a world of asuras/demons/devils than to have a Demonic/Devil/Asura King/Emperor tyrannizing a world of buddhas & angels.

The Powers That Be in our world, the economically and politically powerful, most of them are demons and devils and asuras. Why do you think there is so much poverty and suffering in this world?

For this world to change and evolve, an Angelic Buddha King/Emperor must ascend to rule over the world, put the right people in government, & more important reshape the foundations of education and the media, the tools which brainwash people.. before the citizens of this slave world can have their freedoms/free will back.

But then you gave up on reality and opted for an idealistic delusion?

But do you realize that most of the kings, emperors, presidents, prime ministers and czars in the history of this world are Demonic/Devil Kings/Emperors.

Yes, I am very well aware of this.

I would rather have an Angelic Buddha King/Emperor ruling over a world of asuras/demons/devils than to have a Demonic/Devil/Asura King/Emperor tyrannizing a world of buddhas & angels.

Well, sure! So would I. But you will never be able to take away the wealth of the rich nor will you ever be able to take away the power from the controllers.

The Powers That Be in our world, the economically and politically powerful, most of them are demons and devils and asuras. Why do you think there is so much poverty and suffering in this world?

I won't argue this point. It is true, IMO. But it is reality.

For this world to change and evolve, an Angelic Buddha King/Emperor must ascend to rule over the world, put the right people in government, & more important reshape the foundations of education and the media, the tools which brainwash people.. before the citizens of this slave world can have their freedoms/free will back.

So you think that the true nature of the animals needs be changed? Ain't gonna' happen. Sorry. There will alwayss be kings of one form or another and there will always be those who want to possess more than they need and neither of these two types of people care anything about what you and I think.

Oh, I have had my idealistic dreams. They are nice dreams - everyone well fed with all their needs satisfied. But they are only dreams. Life has never been this way and I don't see it being that way in the near future. If you try to take power away from the powerful they will kill in order to keep their power. Just look at what is happening in Syria right now. And even if you remove one from power another will take his/her place before you realize what has happened.

But yeah, we can dream.

IMO, what you are saying is completely baseless. Have you met a world leader and saw that he was some demonic force? If so how was the experience?

Have you met a Buddha or an angel?

There is poverty and suffering in this world because of people's greed and ignorance of what is true happiness we all strive for. Not because of some devil's control. It's the same darkness within you that is the cause of misery for yourself and people around you. Blaming this on some supernatural forces, and in turn just waiting for some savior, is irresponsible and quite against the Buddha's famous last words to work for your own salvation.

Forget some enlightened government official. Go become enlightened yourself then join the government and help out humanity.

So in reply to op, I'd say that free will is always good. It is what distinguishes you from a dead thing or a robot. Life and free will go hand in hand.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this