Sign in to follow this  
Everything

How to loose awareness over your own body?

I have come to understand that my ability to imagine things very clearly and with a clear focus only happens when I loose awareness over my own body. Otherwise, the bodily sensations conflict with the internal sensations of imagination, and interupt the process. Infact, imagining may become extremely vivid if you loose total awareness of your body. Or should I say, shift focus totally away from the body.

Is there any practice you guys know about that can help me achieve this state of void or nothingness? The feeling of being wide awake even though you are not aware of your body and neither of external sounds, smells, sensations, visions. You completely become internalized. Going within. Where imaginary sensations begin to rise more lucidly.

I have done this a couple of times in my life, especially when in the middle of focused imagination and suddenly realizing that the bodily sensations are not present, yet instantly return upon realizig this. So deep focus on imagination is one way, but is there is a conflict between my external senses. I keep getting distracted by them. Is there perhaps a whole practice just for achieving the void state more easily? I know relaxation is the first step to allow you to shift focus. When I imagine, I always have this double exposure to sensations from my imagination and my physical body. As I try to focus more on my imaginary self, suddenly, my physical selfs becomes more vivid aswell and tenses up. I'm back at step 1. I want to be able to focus better on internal sensory input. To be able to discriminate the two better trough my ability focus. I want to be able expand within my self, without also expanding outside of my self.

So maybe this whole thing is kind of stupid, based on the sound of that last sentence, but you never know what information might be shared. :P

Edited by Everything

Rawn Clark has a unique guided meditation called Center of Stillness Meditation (CSM). It's free on his site, Abardoncompanion.com.

It's method of 'sealing the senses' has you putting the each sense (hearing, seeing, touch etc.,) into a globe that circles you. Ultimately you have globes that represent thought and emotion circling as well. You relax in it. You might want to give it a try.

Other then that, meditating when the body is tired after exercise and just plain deepening practice helps.

Michael

You might want to try a yoga nidra class. It's a guided dream state meditation . It's become very popular in the yoga world, so most studios in the US are adding classes.

Is there any practice you guys know about that can help me achieve this state of void or nothingness? The feeling of being wide awake even though you are not aware of your body and neither of external sounds, smells, sensations, visions. You completely become internalized. Going within. Where imaginary sensations begin to rise more lucidly.

Take up any technique you feel atracted to and practise.

Practise every day. Practise through all obstacles. During the day at work or in the free time while with your partner or eating, walking..have practise you can do like mindfulness, breath awarness , concentration technique or something else. If you practise you will get that expirience, if you dont get too slack or chicken out in a meantime as this is not for a weak hearted.

Once the expirience comes ,wherther youll be able to enjoy it as a permanent state or not is another story. :)

Wow, thanks for the kind words and great suggestions!

I think I'm going for the CSM, for the moment. I have become particularly curious about that.

That abardon sounds interesting as well :o

I'm also reading Journey of Souls (Micheal Newton) to make sure I'm not just trying to escape physical reality trough inner exploration. Or "higher" exploration. It is funny when you think about it. I come here on this physical experience and then practice leaving it? Hahaha, wtf. But I love doing these stuff with great passion :)

Edited by Everything

I guess all these practices CSM, yoga nidra, are like permission slips. One can really come up with his or her own method of going "within."

Yet, a meditation like yoga nidra might already have integrated most of the common pitfalls and thus gain in popularity. I think the allowing of visualization in yoga nidra in a focused part of the body is a powerfull way to go. Especially, because we are then instructed our awareness to shift points to the heart, without any imagination. Just simple awareness and being. I also know from experience that focusing awareness on the heart will help you expand your self as the heart beats become more entensified, the deeper you go within yourself. As if you are shrinking into the center of your body, being your heart.

I find it interesting how csm talks about the inner realm. That guy obviously has been going deep. Although, some people might prefer the word "high" :P as in expansion, inclusion. I find the part where I have to seperate myself from my senses are a bit odd. Since all I had to do to loose focus of the senses was to shift focus of my awareness to something else. So Inwas kinda not expecting a big emphasis on that part. Rather, I would more intensely merge with my 5 senses during the day. Observing them more deeply. Using the 5 senses more habitually will create the habbit in the dream state, resulting in vivid and lucid dreams. Also vivid and lucid imagination, which in turn helps you shift focus from external to internal senses. Paradoxically. Also a. Non-judgemental observation on my thoughts added to that, results in out of body experiences while wide awake and active on the go. Its very powerfull.

Yet, what I am trying to achieve with lucid imaginig, I already do every night. We all do it automaticly. I guess the shifting of focus of awareness and the shaping of the awareness should become a process I'm more conscious of as I'm doing it. So that I can still recognize the shape of my awareness even during the very process of falling asleep. This will allow me to really go within, in a conscious way.

Edited by Everything

Sign in to follow this