Apech

German speakers

Can anyone tell me what Gestaltfahigkeit means?

Thanks.

I believe the correct spelling is "Gestaltfestigkeit"

It could be translated as "form strength" which might be appropriate for Tao Bums.

Edited by Chang

Thanks but I've just checked and the term is Gestaltsfahige(n) (with two dots over the a).

It comes together with these other terms:

Verkorperung(en) and Erscheinungsbild(er)

They are all used by an Egyptologist called Wolf-Brinkmann to describe the concept of the Ba. So maybe they are technical/philosophical terms.

Thanks but I've just checked and the term is Gestaltsfahige(n) (with two dots over the a).

It comes together with these other terms:

Verkorperung(en) Try Avatar embodiment and Erscheinungsbild(er) Try "appearance"

They are all used by an Egyptologist called Wolf-Brinkmann to describe the concept of the Ba. So maybe they are technical/philosophical terms.

I suspect that you really need a German speaker who is familiar with Egyptology.

Edited by Chang

- "der (die) Gestaltfähige(n)"

- or "Verkörperung(en)"

- or "Erscheinungsbild(er)"

Three possible translations, but the first one is an actor while the other two are objects/results.

So the suggested translations for said word are:

- "the one(s) able to shape things" OR "the one(s) able to assume a shape"

- or "embodiment(s)"

- or "apparition(s) / appearance(s)"

It's not wise to suggest a translation that consists of a made-up word like "gestaltfähig" without further explaining it. I can only guess, based on the other two suggested translations, that the writer means 'assuming a shape'. Someone able to shape things would more accurately be "der (die) Gestaltungsfähige(n)". But since she suggests this as a synonym for "god", it would be the other option ... 'the shaper' if you will.

Edited by Owledge