Sign in to follow this  
Ohm-Nei

The power of sexual retention and its effects on vitality

I believe I can attest to the power of sexual energy retention. I have kept my ejaculations to a very low frequency, never more than twice a week (I have done this since march). I have been lively and healthy for as long as I have been limiting my sexual participation. Recently though I ejaculated 2 days in a row (2nd and 3rd of june) which really threw me out of my balance/moderation. Yesterday was a fairly normal day but the potency of my brow chakra sensation was greatly diminished (this is the only extrasensory sensation that I feel throughout the day). By the end of the day it was back to its normal potency but my head has been very feverish as if I now have a sinus infection. Dizziness and lethargy as well as a body ache - flu-like symptoms without the runny nose and sore throat (lets hope this trend doesn't continue). Today my head feels pretty swollen and the brow chakra sensation is very faint. I honestly do believe that this is all linked to the extra vitality that results from semen retention.

Could anybody else attest to the power of semen retention?

• Like 2

i feel a noticeable difference any time i ejaculate. in fact, the longer i go without ejaculating the more noticeable the difference is.

when i build up and sublimate energy i gain confidence, energy, focus, have greater control over my emotions and can enter a relaxed meditative state much easier.

right now i'm trying to stop willful ejaculation completely, as it does nothing for me. if the energy TRULY has to come out, it will happen in a wet dream eventually.

Seems to be a popular subject these days, but twice a week is not low frequency :)

I couldn't be bothered typing it out again so here is my rant from another thread...

I recomend stopping Ejaculation full stop. It is empty and depleting.

Learn a bunch of circulation/transmutation and sublimation exercises.

And when the energy builds up which it will, get a life.

Find things to put that energy into. do shaking practices, go dancing, make love for 5 hours without ejaculating, work on your dream whatever...

You will slowly also become 'horny tolerant', which means you will become comfortable and even start to enjoy the high level of energy you are carrying around. It changes the nervous system over time, and will begin to naturally {even without meditation} produce the higher states of consciousness and bliss. Your mind will become clear and stable. And you wont get sick nearly as often...

The Danger here is ego inflation. people will be very attracted to you, and you tend to become more persuasive, than your flat post ejaculation self. Keep to honor and Integrity as the rule.

How does it work?

I'll describe the Tantric angle in a simple way.

The 'agitation' of built up sexual energy, that most mundane men just want to relieve them selves of, or 'get it out' so to speak, is actually energy stimulating your nerves and chakra's. It first stimulates the base chakra, and the sexuality of the base chakra is procreation, ie ejaculatory sex. Keeps the human race what Tantra calls Pashu's or herd like, as nearly all men give in to this base chakra agitation as soon as they feel it, if not faster... lol. They are depleted flat beings.

If a sincere practitioner resists this for longer, the energy is filling them up slowly, the stimulation effect the second chakra, which brings emotions, a more active dream life, a greater chance of wet dreams, and produces pleasurable and sensual feelings in the pelvic cradle. One will feel very sensuously aroused here. Dont Ejaculate!

Next it reaches manipur or third chakra, fire! Here the mind becomes firm and stable, and concentration goes through the roof. Use it for your life, yes, but make sure spiritual aspirations are number one, because that is the reason to bother with any of this in the first place.

Next comes the heart. Yum. It just gets better and better from here on up. Heart opening, Love! Amazing. Having some good heart practice for here is very good, like metta meditation or any love sending/radiating practice. Master Choi kok Sui's twin heart meditation is particularly good if i remember rightly...

Thats all I am going to say on the progression as its better to go in open and unsuspecting to the higher center's... lol

Any questions?

• Like 3

And this:

There really is a reason why all the great cultivation traditions used this practice originally.

Tantra and Taoist texts for thousands of years have pointed to this, although at some point many Daoist schools, [southern if I remember Eva wong correctly] became more moderate about it, saying it was ok to ejaculate once a week or once a month.

I too experimented with this for years, but it just in no way whatsoever compares to, or measures up to proper cultivation.

I personally believe it was laziness or the teachers trying to make this science more palatable, to get more willing male students, that created this decline in the teachings.

Every man everywhere feels the loss of connection, the mild loss of Interest in his woman, and the loss of energy after ejaculation. Only some are honest enough to admit it to them selves.

Athletes report their performance time is down after ejaculation.

I find when I am doing well in Horse stance, If I then ejaculate, I loose stability and some of the time I can normally do it for, and the differences it makes to meditation are phenomenal...

I will never go back, because once you get it right, and learn how to manage the energy, and how to accommodate it better within ones nervous system it is just so ridiculously Good, and enjoyable on so many levels, and one Orgasm compromises that.

All for a tiny squirt in the dark with a single pulse of pleasure... lol.

Weighing them against each other is like weighing a million ton block of Gold against a feather weight dog poo.

But for the people who are not Interested in spiritual matters and want to be fairly bland conventional people, I fully encourage ejaculation.

Or for people who are arm chair seekers, who think they are advanced because their heads are full of philosophy ideas and who sit there patting them selves on the back for their 'occasional' moments of intuitiveness or mild meditation experiences, I fully recommend ejaculation. lol

And for men who want to have mediocre sex, leaving their partner unfulfilled and not even aware of the depths her body can take her too, as she has never been given a 5 hour gentle lovemaking session where every bit of her vagina and cervix starts to wake up, literally splitting her mind and heart open in soul wrenching ecstatic surrender, leaving her worshiping the God that you are from the radiant core of her wonderful being... well, try ejaculation!

• Like 2

Seth is the only way to circumvent wet dreams to become more lucid?

Is the energy loss in wet dreams the same as in waking life?

I have been abstaining for 30 days now. But on day 18 I had a small wet dream. My mediation and concentration is through the roof.

is the only way to circumvent wet dreams to become more lucid?

If you start to associate expanded awareness with sexuality during waking time, the moment the dreams start taking a turn for the hot and steamy you will automatically become lucid. Works for me, at least.

I've recently started to call it "liquidating my assets" :D

Oh, that's bad. You're a bad man. :P

Regarding the OP: I look forward to finding out for myself the power of sexual retention. I'm actually super excited about it. I'm so bored with masturbating anyways, and I have plenty of hobbies and projects just waiting to soak up that extra energy.

One problem with semen retention is that the misuse of the practice can cause actual physical harm. I have a friend who damaged his urethra using the "million dollar point" method. He had to have two surgeries and may need another. This stuff isn't something to fool around with if you don't know what you're doing or haven't got someone actually walking you through the practice. All the quick and dirty directions are nice, but they aren't going to pay your surgery bills if you screw something up. Get a teacher and stop being cheap trying to learn this stuff online or from a book.

Also who the hell is teaching you guys this stuff so early in your practice? This is the final end stage, mastered everything, nowhere else to go level of practice. You can damage your jing production screwing with this stuff if you don't know what you're doing.

If you're having nasty physical reactions after an ejaculation, it's not because of the semen retention itself, but because you're not doing the exercises that are meant to go along with it. Someone who knows what they're doing can be celibate with no ejaculation for years, have one, and experience no discomfort. My suggestion, seek a master, and not someone at the local YMCA, but someone who has actually had this training passed down through their lineage. Trust me, you don't want to screw this stuff up.

As a side note, there is nothing immoral about masturbation or sex, so if that's the reason you're trying to be celibate, get over it, it's a stupid reason.

Aaron

• Like 3

And this:

There really is a reason why all the great cultivation traditions used this practice originally.

Tantra and Taoist texts for thousands of years have pointed to this, although at some point many Daoist schools, [southern if I remember Eva wong correctly] became more moderate about it, saying it was ok to ejaculate once a week or once a month.

I too experimented with this for years, but it just in no way whatsoever compares to, or measures up to proper cultivation.

I personally believe it was laziness or the teachers trying to make this science more palatable, to get more willing male students, that created this decline in the teachings.

Every man everywhere feels the loss of connection, the mild loss of Interest in his woman, and the loss of energy after ejaculation. Only some are honest enough to admit it to them selves.

Athletes report their performance time is down after ejaculation.

I find when I am doing well in Horse stance, If I then ejaculate, I loose stability and some of the time I can normally do it for, and the differences it makes to meditation are phenomenal...

I will never go back, because once you get it right, and learn how to manage the energy, and how to accommodate it better within ones nervous system it is just so ridiculously Good, and enjoyable on so many levels, and one Orgasm compromises that.

All for a tiny squirt in the dark with a single pulse of pleasure... lol.

Weighing them against each other is like weighing a million ton block of Gold against a feather weight dog poo.

But for the people who are not Interested in spiritual matters and want to be fairly bland conventional people, I fully encourage ejaculation.

Or for people who are arm chair seekers, who think they are advanced because their heads are full of philosophy ideas and who sit there patting them selves on the back for their 'occasional' moments of intuitiveness or mild meditation experiences, I fully recommend ejaculation. lol

And for men who want to have mediocre sex, leaving their partner unfulfilled and not even aware of the depths her body can take her too, as she has never been given a 5 hour gentle lovemaking session where every bit of her vagina and cervix starts to wake up, literally splitting her mind and heart open in soul wrenching ecstatic surrender, leaving her worshiping the God that you are from the radiant core of her wonderful being... well, try ejaculation!

The earliest known sexual teaching in the Taoist tradition did not involve semen retention, but rather cultivating energy during the sexual process and orgasm. The practitioners seemed to enjoy varied forms of sex, the more erotic, the better (i.e. the intensity of the orgasm was directly related to the cultivation of the jing). Semen retention developed after 1000 AD when Confucian puritanism became popular in China and sex was pushed underground. It was a reaction to the taboo nature of sex during that time.

It astounds me how many people jump on the retention bandwagon without trying the alternative methods of jing cultivation, that have nothing to do with retention, but release.

Aaron

Oh, that's bad. You're a bad man. :P

Regarding the OP: I look forward to finding out for myself the power of sexual retention. I'm actually super excited about it. I'm so bored with masturbating anyways, and I have plenty of hobbies and projects just waiting to soak up that extra energy.

Thats great! Make a firm dedication for at least 3 months, with no ejaculation, no matter what.

Seth is the only way to circumvent wet dreams to become more lucid?

Is the energy loss in wet dreams the same as in waking life?

I have been abstaining for 30 days now. But on day 18 I had a small wet dream. My mediation and concentration is through the roof.

Wow. Great again :)

I think that practicing cobra, or MCO with an intent to transform the horniness and having strong spiritual aspirations, and having a strong commitment to not ejaculating or having wet dreams, will help.

Then if you do start to have sexual encounters while dreaming, you will naturally use your skills to love up that dakini if appropriate, without ejaculation, or you will change the scenario somehow...

Ok I'm doing 90 days. Today is day 1. It could possibly be day 2 or day 3 - but I can't remember. The memory thing is a good sign that I need to do this. So, today is day 1.

The earliest known sexual teaching in the Taoist tradition did not involve semen retention, but rather cultivating energy during the sexual process and orgasm. The practitioners seemed to enjoy varied forms of sex, the more erotic, the better (i.e. the intensity of the orgasm was directly related to the cultivation of the jing). Semen retention developed after 1000 AD when Confucian puritanism became popular in China and sex was pushed underground. It was a reaction to the taboo nature of sex during that time.

It astounds me how many people jump on the retention bandwagon without trying the alternative methods of jing cultivation, that have nothing to do with retention, but release.

Aaron

I'll have to look this up further, but it contradicts what I have read elsewhere.

Eva Wong for instance talks about the Northern alchemical schools, and their focus on retention or celibacy, and that the more permissive southern schools that came later, relaxed some of these rules...

Are you referring specifically to Alchemical Taoism?

And either way, the retention wagon far out shines anything the other lazy schools have to offer.

I wasted maybe 15 years trying to make Dual cultivation deliver on the energy front that my celibate period had, trying every version of teaching I could find in great depth, and its not till I decided, Ok no ejaculation, not Ever, that it started to deliver in the same way, but even Better.

The best sex humanly possible. The best increase in energy imaginable and that is even without adding awesome things like qigong to the table, and the best mental changes full stop.

Ejaculating once a week, once a month, or only when I feel really full in no way delivers the results that come from No ejaculation. Not even slightly.

It takes work, especially at first, but it is based in practicality, and not in some puritanical Confucian world denying mind set. If anything it makes the practitioner more Involved, active, productive, and loving, in the world.

• Like 3

Ok I'm doing 90 days. Today is day 1. It could possibly be day 2 or day 3 - but I can't remember. The memory thing is a good sign that I need to do this. So, today is day 1.

Respek!

:)

Respek!

:)

Thanks. I was going to post this link in another thread, but since I'm here.

I'll stay away from Buddhism for the 90 days.

If it helps memory, Im going to do it to....

• Like 1

Okay, I am inspired too, although never could get a definite answer if recommended for women. Will be an experiment. If I can remember.

I'll have to look this up further, but it contradicts what I have read elsewhere.

Eva Wong for instance talks about the Northern alchemical schools, and their focus on retention or celibacy, and that the more permissive southern schools that came later, relaxed some of these rules...

An different viewpoint is that historically, sexual activity + complete retention is a recent development.

In China, teachings on the use of sex supposedly go back to the Yellow Emperor. These teachings already existed in the Han Dynasty (e.g. Mawangdui tombs). They speak of the benefits of sex, prolonging intercourse, and reducing ejaculation, but not complete retention. When the first organized religious Taoist sect, the Way of the Celestial Masters, started, they made use of sexual rituals, but again no emphasis on complete retention. They later banned these practices.

As for Alchemical Taoism, the Northern School did have a strict retention policy, but they did not utilize dual cultivation; it was a strictly monastic order.

In Buddhism it was similar. The Buddhist Tantras which contained sexual practices most definitely utilized ejaculation. They were left handed, breaking the taboos of stuffy renunciates, i.e. "If ejaculation is taboo for monks, let's ejaculate!" Only the very last Buddhist Tantra, Kalachakra, emphasizes complete retention. So naturally, that was the model adopted by the monastic Tantrikas in Tibet.

Edited by Creation

Sign in to follow this