phoenix_darshan

book search

Hi guys, I came across this fascinating guy called Li Ching-Yueh who supposedly lived for more than 200 yars. Now I am looking for the book written by general yang about him.

This is the title:

Sen, Yang. A Factual Account of the 250 Year-Old Good-Luck Man. Taipei, Taiwan: Chinese and Foreign Literature Storehouse.

A lot of people refer to the title online without mentioning the specific content or availability of this book. Has anyone ever gotten their hands on it or could lead me in my quest to pinpointing it.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi guys, I came across this fascinating guy called Li Ching-Yueh who supposedly lived for more than 200 yars. Now I am looking for the book written by general yang about him.

This is the title:

Sen, Yang. A Factual Account of the 250 Year-Old Good-Luck Man. Taipei, Taiwan: Chinese and Foreign Literature Storehouse.

A lot of people refer to the title online without mentioning the specific content or availability of this book. Has anyone ever gotten their hands on it or could lead me in my quest to pinpointing it.

Thanks in advance

You probably have to source the book in Taiwan as it is in Chinese. You would then pay someone to translate it for you.

This is the title:

Great question!

I'd been looking myself to verify this whole "urban legend"..

So far, I cannot locate this actual report though. I asked one friend in Taiwan, but he was kind of too busy to really look. Are there any Taobums in Taiwan who could search for it? Or maybe someone could post this question on a Taiwan forum?

And perhaps it was just an article, and not a book?

I do know for a fact that the report's supposed author, General Yang Sen, existed. And that he had fathered dozens of kids and lived into his 90s, I believe. In fact, people at the time had wondered about his curious virility and good health into old age? However, so far I cannot confirm if he actually studied with Li ChingYuen and wrote that alleged book???

You probably have to source the book in Taiwan as it is in Chinese. You would then pay someone to translate it for you.

I would better suggest you contact Stuart Olsen at http://valleyspiritarts.com/index.html I would think he has a copy, as his English book quotes him. Interesting to note Stuart mentions in his book that he practiced the Eight Brocades and not Ba Gua.

Maybe another small part translated?? http://sanctuaryofdao.org/blog/files/a41cbb16b2d1f17be67ea21182c32a77-9.html

Edited by Dr. Dcup