Rokazulu

Too much energy in my head

It seems like I get a bunch of energy pooled up in my head during the night or when I'm sitting in meditation. Not sure if this is good or not but it's hard to ignore it during meditation because it seems to intensify and starts to sting.

Anyone know what this is?

Ground it. Also after seated meditation practice make sure you do walking meditation to even out the heaven (head) and earth (feet) poles. This will remove excess qi in the head meridians.

• Like 2

Ground it. Also after seated meditation practice make sure you do walking meditation to even out the heaven (head) and earth (feet) poles. This will remove excess qi in the head meridians.

AH alright, I'll feel that out.

rok, its congested chi that moves into your head automatically, and as Gerard wisely says, ground it. If you leave it go too long it will begin to get worse and worse, it should be directed down out thru your feet, or you could use the Microcosmic Orbit to dissipate it back into the dan tien.

Whatever you do, don't encourage more chi into your head. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes, you can ask for more advice if this is not enough to help you.

Try listening to this and focus the energy to a center point; energy from left meeting energy from right, coalescing within the only place it can come together. The center of the brain or third eye. Then you can work to move this energy down through the energy body through each functional point, each time the energy shifts form in a process of purification.

Then if there exist a central tingling or third eye awareness, you can work to the next step or the heart center:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0C32_K6oWg

Practice is metta or inner smile can help aid in realizing the heart center:

Contemporary instruction for the cultivation of loving-kindness – such as is found in the works of Sharon Salzberg,[11] the Triratna Buddhist Community's Kamalashila,[5] and Matthieu Ricard[12] – is often based in part on a method found in Buddhaghosa's 5th c. CE Pāli exegetical text, the Path to Purification (Pali:Visuddhimagga), Chapter IX.[13][14] This traditional approach is best known for identifying successive stages of meditation during which one progressively cultivates loving-kindness towards:

Buddha sends love to all beings.

oneself[15]

a good friend[16]

a "neutral" person

a difficult person[17]

all four of the above equally[18][19]

and then gradually the entire universe[20]

One should avoid choosing someone to whom one is sexually attracted or who is dead.[21] For a "neutral" person, choose someone that you might come into contact with every day, but who does not give rise to strong positive nor strong negative emotions. For a "difficult" person, traditionally choose an enemy, but avoid choosing a person who has just wrecked your life, unless you are very well grounded in awareness.

Matthieu Ricard has recommended that metta practitioners choose to meditate on a person for whom it is very easy to feel unconditional love and compassion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett%C4%81

You could also try to practice "Inner Smile" with Mantak Chia;

Edited by Informer

Also, remember to keep your neck, shoulders, and chest relaxed. If you are tensing up, it will prevent the energy from going down.

• Like 1

Hmm I have tried some of these meditations but, I'm still having a hard time pushing the energy down and out. It seems like my pineal gland and the crown always light up if I put any attention at all towards my head.

Hmm I have tried some of these meditations but, I'm still having a hard time pushing the energy down and out. It seems like my pineal gland and the crown always light up if I put any attention at all towards my head.

Rok, this is quite normal, the chi is already used to going to your head now, charging up your the pineal and crown, thats quite normal so don't worry too much about that, it has become a 'habit' for your chi to do that.

What you can chose to do is work, practice, every day, slowly and painstakingly, with diligence and self discipline, working to draw this excess chi out of your head, into your torso and out through the soles of your feet or out through your hands. You can also connect it to the Micro Cosmic Orbit training its downward flow, at the front middle of your body, to drain this excess chi into your dan tien.

In this case your dan tien acts like a plug hole in the bath tub, draining chi into it. When your dan tien is full, warm and humming, you can allow it to flow down thru your hollow body, hollow legs and out through your feet, at the soles. This exercise feels really nice too.

This will not happen over night, sorry, if you practice daily for 45 minutes then I would expect you to be able to do this quite well within 3 weeks. You will still need to be diligent for maybe a year or so, continuing with this same practice each day, so that you don't allow chi to rise into your head again, it doesn't need to go there.

Your dan tien practice is all you really need to do at this stage of your practice, your body wisdom will dictate when you are ready to go to the next stage.

We only ever let chi into the head when asleep and as it happens naturally, of its own accord, your body wisdom will know when you are ready for it. This is the safest method. To do so before hand is asking for real psychological and emotional problems.

Good luck mate, and please feel free to continue the dialogue, its important, and lots of others with similar issues will be reading this thread.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as too much energy. There is only a thing such as "too much resistance to the natural self." This results in suffering.

Its like a coil, with much resistance, too strong of a current running trough it. The coil is destroyed by the heat and suffers major damage. You are like a coil, the energy is like the electricity. You need to allow it more. Have more allowance of the energy in all aspects of your life. Allow it to express itself trough you, simply by allowing yourself to be who you are and not resisting it so much, because of one or two ideas about who you are supose to be. When these negative believes do creep up, accept them, own them. You cannot change what you do not own. Then let them go. Just start trusting in the opposite for shizzles and giggles. No process required. If your trust fails, and you feel bad, ask your self "what do I have to believe in order to feel this way?" then trust in the opposite, just for the fun of it. No process required. This is a way to turn the cycle of insanity around for your own benefit and transform it into a cycle of insane amounts of joy where all resistance to love, your natural self, eventually is surrendered. And you fall into love with all that is =D

Without the pain ofcourse -.-

Edited by Everything

This will not happen over night, sorry, if you practice daily for 45 minutes then I would expect you to be able to do this quite well within 3 weeks. You will still need to be diligent for maybe a year or so, continuing with this same practice each day, so that you don't allow chi to rise into your head again, it doesn't need to go there.

Ah, ok I was getting far to antsy. I will try to ease it out of my hands or feet because it sounds simple. I haven't messed around with energy work at all, I just notice where it goes.

There is no such thing as too much energy. There is only a thing such as "too much resistance to the natural self." This results in suffering.

Just start trusting in the opposite for shizzles and giggles.

Without the pain ofcourse -.-

Yeah good point, I'm being rather obtuse at the moment. Though I should still attempt to bring the energy out right?

Edited by Rokazulu

Ah, ok I was getting far to antsy. I will try to ease it out of my hands or feet because it sounds simple. I haven't messed around with energy work at all, I just notice where it goes.

Yeah good point, I'm being rather obtuse at the moment. Though I should still attempt to bring the energy out right?

Rok, make sure you do some more research, don't just believe what I or anyone else says, this is an open forum not like sitting at the feet of a respected and experienced teacher. I do hope you have a teacher, someone that knows what they are doing and can help you.

As for too much energy, basically everything is right, we have 'energy' and thats that, its when it gets stuck or congested that brings problems. Yes, give that a try, ease it out your feet and hands, its called, 'circulating your chi', what goes out is always replaced, you never lose chi when you push it out.

And chi work does take time, and a whole lot of dedicated practice, otherwise pigs would fly and beggars would ride white horses to their choice of free world class restaurants.

• Like 1

It seems like I get a bunch of energy pooled up in my head during the night or when I'm sitting in meditation. Not sure if this is good or not but it's hard to ignore it during meditation because it seems to intensify and starts to sting.

Anyone know what this is?

Whenever this type of thread crops up, I offer my experience that its not a question of qi being in the head that is wrong. We have an energy body, it is made up of qi and channels that permeate our material body, including our heads, it is not something we move with our minds, or we have to worry about, since it runs on the same intelligence that our material body, like blood cells and bones etc. There are hundreds of kinds of qi to make up this energy body. For some people, like me and many others, our nervous system to a certain extent can perceive some aspects of the qi flowing as a normal kinasthetic feeling. No question, if you are doing cultivation meditations, qi flows will become stronger and some areas more enlivened. The nutshell statement is that if you are percieving things, there is nothing abnormal about it. If you follow the advice mentioned already on this thread and it makes no effect on what you feel, then you can consider what I have said, and just meditate with the feelings of energy, and using the feelings to guide you into deeper, more effective mediations.

• Like 1

What I was trying to say is that your particular manifestation of pain/suffering may be a symbolic representation of the kind of resistance you hold within your being. This is usually very personal, so I'm not sure to tell what this pain represents in your specific experience. The pain usually doesn't have to be manifested if you discover early on and are open enough and willing enough from the beginning of practicing the raising of your vibrational frequency to look at aspects of your being that are negative and let go of them. As you hold on to them and denie to look to them, you keep them unconscious in a sense and pains or accidents will manifest in your life as messengers.

As you raise your vibrational frequency, its like you are increase the rpm of your engine. Even the tiniest of speck might cause the entire engine to blow up. This is not to be worried about, because by the time your engine runs that fast, when you have become totally one with love, the engine will be clean. You can trust yourself that much. It is not about removing or resisting the negative believes. Its about "letting go" and allowing. Falling in love with all that is and Living One Vibrational Frequency (LOVE), is all about allowing, surrendering and letting go, forgiving, which is not an act of doing, but rather a stopping of the action you don't want to do, which is hating other people and judging them. That is forgiveness. Take the person you hate the most and stop hating them, that simple! People tend to get headaches when they keep on hating situations and people all the time :P

Yet, for now, there is some cleaning to do. Discover any limitting believes you hold, by allowing yourself to feel the way you feel and ask yourself why you feel the way you do. "What do I have to believe in order to feel this way?" IF you don't know how you feel about the situation, ask yoursef "How does the pain in my head make me feel?" Simple be silent and listen. The answer will come, eventually. You should be kind to yourself so that you don't keep secrets anymore from yourself. The relationship with yourself is the most important one in your life. You are your true first love. just takes time to remember that ;)

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Hello again.

This energy is really starting make my crown sting. I recently have been eating no meat just to see how it would change me. Is it possible that I need to eat more meat to ground this energy? I am not sure if it matters or not.

Hello again.

This energy is really starting make my crown sting. I recently have been eating no meat just to see how it would change me. Is it possible that I need to eat more meat to ground this energy? I am not sure if it matters or not.

Rok, it should really make no difference if you eat meat or vegetables, we are omnivors so the body we have can cope with just about anything we put into it. Just be patient, do your daily exercises, remain dedicated in your practice and in time, slowly, you will come to feel the chi moving downward and out of your head. It is a slow process, but you have started it and now you just have to stay focused and practice daily.

Everything has commented that it could also be unresolved emotional or psychological conflict, that would be a contributing factor, so if you think this the case go and see a psychologist or hypnotherapist or meditation teacher who knows about kundalini, chi and safe meditation practices. Be discerning about who you work with, don't accept just anyone who sounds like they know, test them, ask them questions about chi flow etc. remember that your homework includes researching about this.

Another simple exercise is walking, go out every day for at least an hour and walk, if you wear shoes imagine that you have bare feet, and 'feel' the earth, the ground, the leaves and grass etc. at the soles of your feet. Become very sensory and aware at your feet so that you end up earthing your chi downwards, naturally, into the earth thru the soles of your feet. Its called 'kissing the earth with your feet'. Go swimming and do the same thing, feel your body losing excess energy into the water. If you get agitated with all this you can also take a warm shower, it is very earthing and gets you back into your body.

Bottom line, practice, practice and practice will mean you succeed, get out of your head and into your body - this means that instead of focusing your mind on your head focus on drawing and moving the chi into your body, especially out your hands and feet, and into the dan tien.

And this is a lesson for every novice, don't ever move chi into your head, novices should never tempt fate by trying advanced techniques, it is way too dangerous - thats why we have teachers and masters, to make sure we practice only the safest taoist chi techniques.

You may not feel it but you are getting closer to resolving this, even though it may not feel like it just yet, all your diligent practice will pay off soon enough, just hang in there and do your daily practice. You are welcome to PM me to clarify what I have said.

Edited by astralc

Everything has commented that it could also be unresolved emotional or psychological conflict

Not really a conflict. I would rather say "resistance" to the the naturall self. :P

Edited by Everything

I know the advice offered is by well meaning people, but the stinging type of pain is not caused by stagnant qi or pools of qi left in your head because you didnt guide it out. It is qi channels that have strung together and coil and then move through an area, sifting it like a seive, if you can imagine pulling nylon stockings through flesh, creating a kind of friction that feels like a kind electro-sting or burn. Generally people call this Kundalini type pain and leave it at that.

There are two basic things one can learn to accept: you are not in control of this, and pain does not mean something is wrong. I find on this website many people assume they are controlling this and that, using all the names like dantien and orbit, but lots of times this is a kind of fantasy, and despite this, if they keep meditating they will make progress. I am not saying you shouldnt try to ground, and try to move your focus or your conscious attention to a lower place, such as the heart or dantien, because this will help. But again this is just moving attention not necessarily displacing any of the qi feelings in question, its just as you get a baby to focus on something to stop crying.

Once you get over the fact that this is something you can control, or that it is wrong, then it will just exist like a wallflower at the school dance. Eating meat, trying to other things than mediation and de-sensitizing yourself is trying to move away from the progress you made. Embrace, accept, use the pain for a good purpose, see what happens when you meditate longer and deeper.

• Like 1

nevermind.

I know the advice offered is by well meaning people, but the stinging type of pain is not caused by stagnant qi or pools of qi left in your head because you didnt guide it out. It is qi channels that have strung together and coil and then move through an area, sifting it like a seive, if you can imagine pulling nylon stockings through flesh, creating a kind of friction that feels like a kind electro-sting or burn. Generally people call this Kundalini type pain and leave it at that.

There are two basic things one can learn to accept: you are not in control of this, and pain does not mean something is wrong. I find on this website many people assume they are controlling this and that, using all the names like dantien and orbit, but lots of times this is a kind of fantasy, and despite this, if they keep meditating they will make progress. I am not saying you shouldnt try to ground, and try to move your focus or your conscious attention to a lower place, such as the heart or dantien, because this will help. But again this is just moving attention not necessarily displacing any of the qi feelings in question, its just as you get a baby to focus on something to stop crying.

Once you get over the fact that this is something you can control, or that it is wrong, then it will just exist like a wallflower at the school dance. Eating meat, trying to other things than mediation and de-sensitizing yourself is trying to move away from the progress you made. Embrace, accept, use the pain for a good purpose, see what happens when you meditate longer and deeper.

Edited by thetaoiseasy

You could try this:

Imagine on the crown of your head a lump of gold-coloured butter.

- It slowly melts, and wherever it runs down over your body, all stress and tension in the body disappears.

- Very slowly the butter flows over your forehead, all muscles relax...

- It runs down over your eyes and cheeks..., your whole face relaxes.

- Along the back of your head... your neck... shoulders; feel how much tension is there and let it go....

- Arms and hands.... the chest.. belly....

- Along the spine, the entire back relaxes...your legs and feet...

- The entire body is covered in golden butter and you radiate health.

- Go over the whole body again and breathe out all the remaining stress.

• Like 1

1. There is no such thing as too much energy. There is only a thing such as "too much resistance to the natural self." This results in suffering.

2. Its like a coil, with much resistance, too strong of a current running trough it. The coil is destroyed by the heat and suffers major damage. You are like a coil, the energy is like the electricity.

1. I agree with the former, but the latter then I don't know.

2. A coil has the least resistance in it. The proper unit for a coil is 'reluctance' which tends to oppose the alternating current(AC). In the contrary, resistance limits the electrical current to flow in a circuit. Our body is not like an electrical circuit because there was no energy or electrical current flowing through it. If it did and have some current flow through the heart, then most lightly we ended up dead.

What you are saying here was:

It is possible to have lightning strike with the electricity flowing through the body. Initially the body has the least resistance, but after it burns by the electricity, the resistance will be increased due to the carbon build up; but then it is too late for the body to survive. It is because the aiding resistance, came into the picture, took place in the aftermath.

• Like 1

Embrace, accept, use the pain for a good purpose, see what happens when you meditate longer and deeper.

Well, I should have figured the "problem" I had was all in my head. After several attempts to try and ground it the pain still followed me through after my deep meditations. So I gave up and just allowed the energy to be without labeling it as "bad" or "good".

Sure enough, the pain ceased altogether! I couldn't believe it. Though, I still feel the energy it no longer a painful nuisance. It is as though my perception of the energy completely changed the reality of the situation.

It reminds me of Zhuangzi "if one comes from the heat, then live in the heat... if one can live in the heat without feeling hot, then one can live life without hindrance"

or that Zen saying of the same regard ""When cold, be thoroughly cold; when hot, be hot through and through."

All your guys's advice really helped my quest out, thanks bros.

:lol:

• Like 1

Well, I should have figured the "problem" I had was all in my head. After several attempts to try and ground it the pain still followed me through after my deep meditations. So I gave up and just allowed the energy to be without labeling it as "bad" or "good".

Sure enough, the pain ceased altogether! I couldn't believe it. Though, I still feel the energy it no longer a painful nuisance. It is as though my perception of the energy completely changed the reality of the situation.

It reminds me of Zhuangzi "if one comes from the heat, then live in the heat... if one can live in the heat without feeling hot, then one can live life without hindrance"

or that Zen saying of the same regard ""When cold, be thoroughly cold; when hot, be hot through and through."

All your guys's advice really helped my quest out, thanks bros.

:lol:

Rok, well done mate, walk gently walk softly, stay in the tao.

1. I agree with the former, but the latter then I don't know.

2. A coil has the least resistance in it. The proper unit for a coil is 'reluctance' which tends to oppose the alternating current(AC). In the contrary, resistance limits the electrical current to flow in a circuit. Our body is not like an electrical circuit because there was no energy or electrical current flowing through it. If it did and have some current flow through the heart, then most lightly we ended up dead.

What you are saying here was:

It is possible to have lightning strike with the electricity flowing through the body. Initially the body has the least resistance, but after it burns by the electricity, the resistance will be increased due to the carbon build up; but then it is too late for the body to survive. It is because the aiding resistance, came into the picture, took place in the aftermath.

Hahahahaha! :lol:

• Like 1