Ya Mu

Gift of the Tao II Neigong Movements

Bears.

Did I mention bears?

I've scoped out an out-of-the-way spot at work, on the edge of a remote parking lot with grass and trees and some shade, etc. Little traffic there, especially in the summer, so I often will practice my GoT there at lunchtime. Today, about 45 minutes into it, I hear a little rustling in the bushes off to my right. Expecting a squirrel (I seem to be on squirrel-frequency), I was surprised to see a baby bear coming into the clearing!

Startled, I stopped. A moment later, I heard a little grunt and both baby bear & I turned to see mama bear. Baby bear pranced over to mam's feet and was joined by a second cub. I had just started "salute to Master Wang" so I started again and kept the bears in my peripheral vision. Mama stood on her back legs and watched me until I stopped several minutes later, sniffing the air constantly.

They then started lumbering off. I reached in my pocket and snapped a phone-pic but it's rather lousy -- they are the black blobs in the middle of the screen.

I was never between mama & cubs and never less than 15 feet or so from them so no one seemed in danger. Kinda cool, though! :)

post-54451-134005052428_thumb.jpg

Thats incredible :D

Bears.

Did I mention bears?

I've scoped out an out-of-the-way spot at work, on the edge of a remote parking lot with grass and trees and some shade, etc. Little traffic there, especially in the summer, so I often will practice my GoT there at lunchtime. Today, about 45 minutes into it, I hear a little rustling in the bushes off to my right. Expecting a squirrel (I seem to be on squirrel-frequency), I was surprised to see a baby bear coming into the clearing!

Startled, I stopped. A moment later, I heard a little grunt and both baby bear & I turned to see mama bear. Baby bear pranced over to mam's feet and was joined by a second cub. I had just started "salute to Master Wang" so I started again and kept the bears in my peripheral vision. Mama stood on her back legs and watched me until I stopped several minutes later, sniffing the air constantly.

They then started lumbering off. I reached in my pocket and snapped a phone-pic but it's rather lousy -- they are the black blobs in the middle of the screen.

I was never between mama & cubs and never less than 15 feet or so from them so no one seemed in danger. Kinda cool, though! :)

post-54451-134005052428_thumb.jpg

The calmness brought about by the Gift of the Tao practices helps to calm all beings. Cool story.

Did I mention bears?

:blink: !!

Man, I was startled enough looking up and seeing a horse staring at me! :blush:

Bears are often linked with healing in indigenous cultures ;)

Awesome, and glad you're still around :D

Best,

:blink: !!

Man, I was startled enough looking up and seeing a horse staring at me! :blush:

Bears are often linked with healing in indigenous cultures ;)

Awesome, and glad you're still around :D

Best,

Elements of many different animal Medicine are in the Gift of Tao movements. Yes each person will have a "bent" of which animals they are stronger in (as far as medicine defined in Shamanic approaches). But MOST of us that practice Gift of the Tao will be strong in many of these Medicine(s).

Master Wang told stories of the ancient Taoists using these methods to scare away large animals in their travels and indeed did teach me how to do this. I have personally done so.

Certainly not wise to get between a bear mama and her cub but I do not think he was ever in danger. I have called many wild animals up to within 10 feet of me then sent them away. The first time this happened with a certain large animal it scared the crap out of me (well, ALMOST literally - close call).

• Like 3

Elements of many different animal Medicine are in the Gift of Tao movements. Yes each person will have a "bent" of which animals they are stronger in (as far as medicine defined in Shamanic approaches). But MOST of us that practice Gift of the Tao will be strong in many of these Medicine(s).

Master Wang told stories of the ancient Taoists using these methods to scare away large animals in their travels and indeed did teach me how to do this. I have personally done so.

I recall reading a book a while back about a medicine man who practiced hummingbird medicine. While practicing Gift of the Tao I have seen countless instances of hummingbirds flying near me and observing me as I practice. I remember one hummingbird fly so close I could hear its wings as it flew past my ear, also another occasion one kept moving in interesting patterns of which I've never seen hummingbirds do before, as if it was dancing in the energy brought in from the practice.

Could this technique be achieved simply from utilizing a strong INTENT as well as strong energetics to back it up?

I do not think he was ever in danger. I have called many wild animals up to within 10 feet of me then sent them away. The first time this happened with a certain large animal it scared the crap out of me (well, ALMOST literally - close call).

While I'm glad we don't have the big critters you guys have, and encounters with such animals should always have respect and caution, my tongue was in my cheek with my reply :) Although looking up and seeing a bear I probably would soil myself :blink:

Would love to hear more of the animal shamanic connections inherent within GoT. But given such things are individualistic as you say, I suppose there is little to say on top of what you have haha.

We were joined by rabbits and squirrels today, but they have really "nasty, big, pointy teeth!" I tell you! ;)My link

All the best,

I recall reading a book a while back about a medicine man who practiced hummingbird medicine. While practicing Gift of the Tao I have seen countless instances of hummingbirds flying near me and observing me as I practice. I remember one hummingbird fly so close I could hear its wings as it flew past my ear, also another occasion one kept moving in interesting patterns of which I've never seen hummingbirds do before, as if it was dancing in the energy brought in from the practice.

Could this technique be achieved simply from utilizing a strong INTENT as well as strong energetics to back it up?

Hummingbird is really quick and knows how to vibrate - powerful.

I am referring to a specific technique. I only teach it to people who have completed my certification program and who demonstrate strong good&moral.

Micheal ,

have been practicing gift of the tao 2 for only 2 days but i love it ,

my favourite at the moment is climbing the rope ,

such strong energy in this move.

can you tell me ,

on the feedback loop before the spirit walk ,

is your left hand in front of your forehead and palm facing straight down ?

many thanks

ron

Micheal ,

have been practicing gift of the tao 2 for only 2 days but i love it ,

my favourite at the moment is climbing the rope ,

such strong energy in this move.

can you tell me ,

on the feedback loop before the spirit walk ,

is your left hand in front of your forehead and palm facing straight down ?

many thanks

ron

Rope to Heaven is a great move, glad you like it. These movements are all highly energetic.

Yes, in front of forehead. Left palm is at 45 degrees.

• Like 1

Michael I had a question about doing GOT 1 & 2 together. If your doing them together should you skip the closing motions at the end of GOT 1 and just do them at the end of GOT 2 when your're finished with everything?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Michael I had a question about doing GOT 1 & 2 together. If your doing them together should you skip the closing motions at the end of GOT 1 and just do them at the end of GOT 2 when your're finished with everything?

My 2 cents, Peace

It is always appropriate to do the last 2 movements of GOT I before doing GOT II.

We just did all the GOT movements at the workshop in Terre Haute. It was only several hours later, during the snowstorm and when we were on break, we realized that the air conditioner had been on in the room the whole time. Most folks had come out of their long-sleeves into short sleeves we were all so hot.

• Like 1

Michael, I had another question regarding the sequential energy center activation. Should you put your awareness on the LDT or on the energy center your working with when practicing SECABDE?

My 2 cents, Peace

On the specific energy center where your hands are in front of. :)

Oh, not really on the specific area in/on the body. Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything (I do).

Perhaps try it out a few different ways. See how it goes. :)

Thanks for the insights Rainbow. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

On the specific energy center where your hands are in front of. :)

Oh, not really on the specific area in/on the body. Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything (I do).

Perhaps try it out a few different ways. See how it goes. :)

In addition to r v's excellent suggestions, I would add a comment.

Since S-M spends a lot of time with awareness on dan tien and draws energy into dan tien, etc., one finds that this state of dan-tien-consciousness becomes a habit -- sort of the relaxed state. As the cauldron grows larger & more dense, of course, the energy overflows into all the energy centers and throughout the body (think of the "energy-body" as permeating the physical body as well as extending beyond it, right?) but collecting energy into dan tien becomes automatic.

As a result, energy gathered via other "entry points" tends to move towards dan tien when you stop paying attention -- at least, that how it seems to me at this point in my practice.

Also, the "spiral qigong" technique is very similar to the SECABDE but with the awareness being on drawing energy through that sequence of centers and into dan tien, rather than expanding the energy outward from the centers. The two techniques seem very complementary to me (and I often do the spiral qigong while lying in bed at night...)

Hope this helps!

Will you be attending either Springfield or Hilton Head?

• Like 2

Will you be attending either Springfield or Hilton Head?

I wish I could, hopefully within a year I can go to another one. Thanks for your advice as well. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I was going back through old emails, (looking at some interesting-and hugely useful-comments and advice I'd forgotten about), recently. I came across this gem from an old gong fu brother (not Stillness Movement, but someone with a lot of experience and who has spent many years in Asia):

'just concentrate on the dantien and let the chi move where it is supposed to '

The more I keep my awareness on the dantien, the more the qi seems to do just that-'move where it is supposed to'. Not that there aren't exercises where someone puts their awareness elsewhere (always follow the teacher's instructions on such things!!!) but awareness on the 'lower' dantien, and gathering qi there, is a safe practice.

Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward).

:)

Late last year I was sitting on the sofa watching the TV when I placed my hands by my dantien, fingers resting on each other and thumb-tips touching. There wasn't any conscious effort or intent on the dantien, and so I was surprised when I felt the qi NOTICEABLY expand!

Just something I thought I would throw into the mix.

• Like 5

Michael, I had another question regarding the sequential energy center activation. Should you put your awareness on the LDT or on the energy center your working with when practicing SECABDE?

My 2 cents, Peace

Good replies by RV, Brian, and mjjbecker.

"...allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything..."

"Since S-M spends a lot of time with awareness on dan tien and draws energy into dan tien, etc., one finds that this state of dan-tien-consciousness becomes a habit -- sort of the relaxed state. As the cauldron grows larger & more dense, of course, the energy overflows into all the energy centers and throughout the body (think of the "energy-body" as permeating the physical body as well as extending beyond it, right?) but collecting energy into dan tien becomes automatic.

As a result, energy gathered via other "entry points" tends to move towards dan tien when you stop paying attention"

"The more I keep my awareness on the dantien, the more the qi seems to do just that-'move where it is supposed to'"

The SECAB&DE is designed to do exactly what the title says; activate & balance all the energy centers and allow consciousness expansion through multiple dimensions. As we perform this exercise not only does all the above happen but this interacts with the energy body itself. We have raised the energy body vibrational frequency with the Stillness-Movement & Gift of the Tao exercises and the SECAB&DE allows each energy center to integrate within that raised frequency. One could look at it as like stretching a balloon to fill in an outer parameter. All parts of the balloon fill in to mold itself to a new expanded parameter. As the Stillness-Movement progresses the ability to expand with the SECAB&DE progresses.

One beauty of the SECAB&DE is that it will work with anyone at whatever "level" they are, to expand & balance within their own parameters.

There just is no feeling like the feeling we get when we do the dimensional expansion from the "viewpoint" of each energy center - simply amazing!

As usual, my explanations are only an attempt to describe something that actually can't be described linearly.

All of the above would point to an answer of your original question as "both".

If at all possible do try to get to Hilton Head in November. You are doing so well and we all would like to see you progress further with this. Send me an email. It may be easier than you think.

• Like 6

Since S-M spends a lot of time with awareness on dan tien and draws energy into dan tien, etc., one finds that this state of dan-tien-consciousness becomes a habit -- sort of the relaxed state. As the cauldron grows larger & more dense, of course, the energy overflows into all the energy centers and throughout the body (think of the "energy-body" as permeating the physical body as well as extending beyond it, right?) but collecting energy into dan tien becomes automatic.

As a result, energy gathered via other "entry points" tends to move towards dan tien when you stop paying attention -- at least, that how it seems to me at this point in my practice.

Also, the "spiral qigong" technique is very similar to the SECABDE but with the awareness being on drawing energy through that sequence of centers and into dan tien, rather than expanding the energy outward from the centers. The two techniques seem very complementary to me (and I often do the spiral qigong while lying in bed at night...)

Yes, it flow then also into other things and

gives in my observation a higher grade of organisation,

you have to see what happens when I have broom in my hand. ^_^

Actually I find it vanish in the body, because when LDT grows BIG then

there is only a scarce memory where orignal the Seed of Light was.

Oh for fun do the Spiral after a SECABDE :) .

P.S : Do the Spiral before the Salute to Master Wang.

Edited by Friend
  • Like 2

Hello friend, what do you mean by spiral? I have all the GOT1, GOT2 and Sequential dvd.

When doing the SM, what is the different if we let the left hand touch the right hand and touching the abdomen with letting there be some space between the hands and abdomen?

I am not Friend, although I am a friend of Friend. :)

He is referring to an exercise taught in the workshops that is not a part of Gift of Tao.

For hand placement do it like I said in the book, right hand over Dan Tian touching the body, left hand over right hand. OK to interlock thumbs - or not.

• Like 2

Thanks Michael.

The Spiral exercise, will it be included in GOT 3?

There are some detail on movement of feet and knees regarding GOT1. On certain moves where you turned your body facing to the side, do we keep the feet planted on the ground on the same angle or do the sole of feet angle changed.

How to the the twisting body motion without feeling uncomfortable and pain in the knee?

Thanks Michael.

The Spiral exercise, will it be included in GOT 3?

There are some detail on movement of feet and knees regarding GOT1. On certain moves where you turned your body facing to the side, do we keep the feet planted on the ground on the same angle or do the sole of feet angle changed.

How to the the twisting body motion without feeling uncomfortable and pain in the knee?

GOT III is all new. the technique you are referring to is workshop only.

I am not sure which movements you are asking about. Generally the foot is at 30 degrees from the body and feet are about shoulder width. There is no pain with any twisting motion - I think what you are describing is more a rotation than twisting; if you have pain stop. Try again and don't go to that point of pain but under it making the move more rotational instead of twisting.

Edit: I was doing the moves this morning and think I know which one you are referring to. If so, it is more of a "figure 8" type of swaying back and forth.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1